Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Any good slow burn stuff?

Preferably focused on adults rather than kids.

Adult slow-burns are kind of rare (for some incomprehensible reason).

These are the ones I can remember. Most are rather short, but they're pretty good.

Thank you for making me aware of this dearth of adult slow-burn gl fiction. I now consider it my moral obligation to write some myself.

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Any good slow burn stuff?

Preferably focused on adults rather than kids.

Adult slow-burns are kind of rare (for some incomprehensible reason).

These are the ones I can remember. Most are rather short, but they're pretty good.

Thank you for making me aware of this dearth of adult slow-burn gl fiction. I now consider it my moral obligation to write some myself.

Whoa that last one is literally cool bug facts

Yeah it sucks there's not a lot. Rather read about someone with a 9-5 and finding happiness in a increasingly unhappy world instead of petty school politics for the nth time

Silly
joined Feb 2, 2023

Idk if this is too niche but do any of you know any yuri where one or both of the girls have hair that's wavy/curly and has volume and/or texture? Like Nadeshiko from "Please notice me, Hinako-san!" or Kyougoku from "Nomura Nao and Kyougoku Hina" tyy

last edited at Oct 28, 2023 12:06AM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Idk if this is too niche but do any of you know any yuri where one or both of the girls have hair that's wavy or has volume? Like Nadeshiko from "Please notice me, Hinako-san!" or Kyougoku from "Nomura Nao and Kyougoku Hina" tyy

Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Idk if this is too niche but do any of you know any yuri where one or both of the girls have hair that's wavy or has volume? Like Nadeshiko from "Please notice me, Hinako-san!" or Kyougoku from "Nomura Nao and Kyougoku Hina" tyy

Was going to suggest Transistor Venus, but it's a very different style from the examples. (Might skip the first chapter, depending on what you're searching for.)

last edited at Oct 27, 2023 10:47PM

Silly
joined Feb 2, 2023

Revolutionary Girl Utena.

A classic but not quite what I'm looking for. Maybe if it had some texture aside from... straight thin hair.

Was going to suggest Transistor Venus, but it's a very different style from the examples. (Might skip the first chapter, depending on what you're searching for.

Read a bit and this is really cute! Ty!

joined Nov 19, 2022

Idk if this is too niche but do any of you know any yuri where one or both of the girls have hair that's wavy/curly and has volume and/or texture? Like Nadeshiko from "Please notice me, Hinako-san!" or Kyougoku from "Nomura Nao and Kyougoku Hina" tyy

Anything with Aunn in it

joined Nov 19, 2022

Anything with Aunn in it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hino-san no Baka

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

rather than being niche, it's not necesarilly something most will keep in mind. i knowi i've seen things with fluffy hairs a few times, but can't remember where on top of my head.

The sketchy artstyle might not do it, but maybe check Snake Woman and Little Miss Offering.

i'll post if i remember any.

Silly
joined Feb 2, 2023

Anything with Aunn in it

From Touhou right? idk if there's a lot of yuri sfw (mostly) doujinshis about her but I'll check her out, ty!

Hino-san no Baka

Not a fan of "bullying" but this one gets a pass bc it's cute. ty!

rather than being niche, it's not necesarilly something most will keep in mind. i knowi i've seen things with fluffy hairs a few times, but can't remember where on top of my head.

The sketchy artstyle might not do it, but maybe check Snake Woman and Little Miss Offering.

i'll post if i remember any.

Oh yeah totally. Still, it gets kinda boring to see the same straight hairstyles over and over again tehee.
I don't really mind a sketchy artstyle, if anything it's more endearing to me.
I would be forever thankful if you posted anything else that came to mind, thanks!!

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Silly me, i forgot to post what i came for in the first place.
I'm looking for that delicious typical contrast of yuri with a "plain girl" and a "flashy girl".
I want it all! The Fashionista x plain girl, The classic "Gyaru x Otaku", the serious honor student or diligent class rep x Bratty girl, the bimbo with the nerdy girl, the geeky girl x fashion one, the stoic overachiever with the carefree valley girl, the overly friendly gal who take a liking to the gloomy friendless girl, the quiet bookworm and the pushy extroverted girl. the popular school-queen with the "boring" invisible one.
Whichever of them as the top or assertive one is fine.
Prefereably the dynamic between the two and their contrasting personality/interests should be in focus.
I don't mind if it's a bit stereotypical.
Basically if you got something where that bratty cheerleading-squad captain you see in cliché americans high-school settings was dating the stereotypical glasses-wearing nerdy girl with braces, give it to me.
If you got something where the cold and studious student council president set her sight on the trendy girl, give it to me!
Bonus point if they have contrasting hair colors.

I don't mind some tension or drama, but no tragic or super-bleak stuffs please. Aside from that, any tone is fine.
ah, and i used school tropes as example because that's where theses tropes appears the most frequently, but i'm fine with women of any age as long as it fits the criteria. In fact, it's even better if you something with adults with the dynamic.

PS: speaking of forgetting, @naike34, I remembered that I also wanted to direct you to Ma Chérie
it's a short One shot, but there is a girl with fluffy long hair.(Content warning, though, it starts with the other girl cutting hers XD). I thought of it Saturday before going to bed, but forgot when typing my post yesterday.
Not as long and fluffy, but this one got a nice ponytail.

last edited at Oct 30, 2023 2:43PM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I'm looking for that delicious typical contrast of yuri with a "plain girl" and a "flashy girl".

There's a manhwa called "Partition" that's this; it's really good IMO, but doesn't seem to be very well known. Though the translation is a bit shaky for the first few chapters.

The two leads are a short, outgoing woman who is really fashionable and constantly acts super sweet and cutesy, but who's real personality is blunt and crude, and a tall, super shy, gloomy woman who secretly likes cute things. There's a bit of drama, but nothing heavy, and it never drags, and there's plenty of cute slice-of-life scenes interspersed.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

There's a manhwa called "Partition" that's this; it's really good IMO, but doesn't seem to be very well known. Though the translation is a bit shaky for the first few chapters.

The two leads are a short, outgoing woman who is really fashionable and constantly acts super sweet and cutesy, but who's real personality is blunt and crude, and a tall, super shy, gloomy woman who secretly likes cute things. There's a bit of drama, but nothing heavy, and it never drags, and there's plenty of cute slice-of-life scenes interspersed.

Sounds good. also, and there is the added contrast with their outward appearences and personalities. definitely will check this. Thanks.
If anyone elso have some more reccomendations, i'll take it.

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Can anyone recommend some good stuff with dominant, aggressive girls?

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Well, I'm again going to recommend Snake Woman and Little Miss Offering.
Mira have a lot of assertive characters (warning, very nsfw stuffs) .
There's weird voices coming from the room next door could interest you.
Also it's been more than 10 years since I've read it, but IIRC Gokujou Drops and other Mikuni Hajime's stuff had a uke/seme-like dynamic.
I know there are more, but that's all I can think of now.

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

a uke/seme-like dynamic.

Yes, you get it! That's a great way to describe it. Exactly what I mean.

I love Nagori Yu's stuff, I just wish I hadn't already read it all. Weird Voices was also excellent.

I have an insatiable appetite for strong ladies and weak girls.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll be sure to read them.

joined Feb 19, 2022

for nerd honor x student some of my fav on webtoons are "kiss it goodbye" and "in my heart." if you don't mind paying there's "sora & haena!" that's on a bunch of sites, and the first part is super cute nerd x gyaru. the spin off story is much more sexualized with the "uke/seme" dynamic but those girls are pretty toxic. also honor student type and popular girl type

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

There's smth new that just dropped today and prob fits the bill. it's hilariously over the top

https://mangadex.org/title/3d287418-9bd7-4bf4-b71b-1c4512812a50/kanpekina-iinchou-chan-to-gouhou-gyaru-chan-no-manga

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

I started "Destroy It All and Love Me in Hell" and it's an unexpectedly cathartic read, but as it's not finished yet I'm now left craving more. I'd be interested in the burning bridges side of it, although I suspect a hate/rivarly story with the protagonist being pushed into doing other things may work too.

edit: well, I've found nothing on my own, though rereading A Joyful Life webtoon sorta came close.

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 8:44AM

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

for nerd honor x student some of my fav on webtoons are "kiss it goodbye" and "in my heart." if you don't mind paying there's "sora & haena!" that's on a bunch of sites, and the first part is super cute nerd x gyaru. the spin off story is much more sexualized with the "uke/seme" dynamic but those girls are pretty toxic. also honor student type and popular girl type

Darn, i though i had already answered to your comment. Thank you, Sora and Haena was cute. haven't read the second part, though.

There's smth new that just dropped today and prob fits the bill. it's hilariously over the top

https://mangadex.org/title/3d287418-9bd7-4bf4-b71b-1c4512812a50/kanpekina-iinchou-chan-to-gouhou-gyaru-chan-no-manga

That sounds exactly like it. i might wait for a few more chapter to come out, but thank you very much.
i've been reading a manga called Gyaru to Bocchi theses past few days, which is nice, but it's not yuri, so i needed something more.

@naike34 If you don't know her already, you might want to check Yukiko 's stuffs. Not very voluminous, but she frequently have one of the girl with long wavy hair in her works.

@kanelel, another distant memory (roughly 9 years ago), so i can't give your any guarantee on that one or redirect you to a precise chapters, but I remember some of the one shots by Rokuroichi had some strong bottom/top elements. (i think it was the one with the twins). Sorry if i'm wrong.

ThatReptileButch
Tiny
joined Nov 8, 2023

Hey, folks! I'm hunting around for any series or oneshots that involve yuri (of course, this is The Sapphic Website) and soccer/football! I did a little perusing of the Sports tag, but didn't find anything, though I didn't look super hard. Thanks in advance, y'all!

last edited at Dec 16, 2023 12:21AM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Hey, folks! I'm hunting around for any series or oneshots that involve yuri (of course, this is The Sapphic Website) and soccer/football! I did a little perusing of the Sports tag, but didn't find anything, though I didn't look super hard. Thanks in advance, y'all!

The only series I know of that's close is CHUU, which is about Futsal. It's more of a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" type series than a romance series though.

ThatReptileButch
Tiny
joined Nov 8, 2023

The only series I know of that's close is CHUU, which is about Futsal. It's more of a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" type series than a romance series though.

Aw man, thanks a ton for the rec!!! It's SUPER cute, and the sports-y bits are fun.

joined Dec 5, 2023

Anyone have any with supportive friends or family? Gays being gay with people all like aww look so gay

To reply you must either login or sign up.