Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Heyyyyyy,

I just finished reading "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All" and the story really is stuck in my head. Do you guys know any mangas similar. By similar I mean the ones that give you butterflies, all those "zhiihdhskznzbxuxndshsh" kind of feelings, and ugghhh it's so cute I'm gonna cry and hit the wall kinda stuff. If the manga comes with a cool art style then it's beyond perfect.

Thankssss.

My New Friend Wasn't What I Expected is basically "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All" with the serial numbers filed off.

Anemone is in Heat isn't similar premise-wise, but definitely fits the "it's so cute I'm gonna cry and hit the wall" vibe. The MCs are so great together. It's got phenomenal art too.

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Y'all got any good recommendations with MILFs?

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Could someone recommend me mangas where the two characters are a couple, they fight and split up (and I mean an actual fight, not a peaceful breakup), then either one of them vanishes from the story completely while the other moves on to another partner and ends up happy, or they both stay in the story and find their own partners and end up happy?

Something like Lily Love and its sequel and the whole thing that happened with Ploy in those two works,

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Could someone recommend me mangas where the two characters are a couple, they fight and split up (and I mean an actual fight, not a peaceful breakup), then either one of them vanishes from the story completely while the other moves on to another partner and ends up happy, or they both stay in the story and find their own partners and end up happy?

Something like Lily Love and its sequel and the whole thing that happened with Ploy in those two works,

"How Do We Relationship," by Tamifull. Although they'll likely find their way back together in the end. Still, it's not a quick thing (they breakup around volume 4 and we're at 12 now? I forget). The breakup is serious, understandable and has lasting effects. They date other people, who are actual characters you love and root for and they have new, realistic struggles in those relationships that force them to learn more about themselves. They remain best friends through it all, though. It's ongoing and is one of my absolute favorites. It just depends on what you mean by "peaceful." It wasn't peaceful in the moment, even if they reconciled.

last edited at Apr 2, 2024 10:59AM

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Ring My Bell is pretty much that (the fight part is a bit delayed but it's there too)

Wish You Were Gone if you don't mind the previous partner being male and him not disappearing immediately. The advice on it seems to be to switch between the fan translation and Tapas' expired-licence official translation whenever one of them gets too confusing.

There are breakups (including a messy one with a whole season of angsty fallout from it), broken hearts, moving on and a happy ending in this webcomic, but I don't remember if there's a single chain of events exactly as you describe it present.
Good luck hunting down a complete and readable translation if you want it in English, though (for reference, it's 150 chapters long). There was one on Youtube, but the translator's channel appears to have been banned.
Additionally, here's a minor spoiler to explain a side plot that the story starts with but that isn't conveyed well (either it's lost in translation or a cultural reference that went over my head): there's systemic bullying/hazing with the freshmen being regularly herded by older students into a hall and forced to waste time sitting there, that's bizzarely tolerated by everyone and which the main chracter wants to avoid.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Did you mean manga body type, minimum age, somebody with children, or (step)incest?

ThatReptileButch
Tiny
joined Nov 8, 2023

Just found and finished https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_young_maiden_in_love_is_a_carnivore and I have to know now: is there any more prehistoric creature yuri out there? Bonus points for paleoaccurate character designs!

last edited at Apr 10, 2024 7:55PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Just found and finished https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_young_maiden_in_love_is_a_carnivore and I have to know now: is there any more prehistoric creature yuri out there? Bonus points for paleoaccurate character designs!

Tyra and Cera is pretty cute:
https://mangadex.org/title/994dfcd9-0449-47a7-ac1e-0efff9b0fe54/tyra-cera

joined Oct 26, 2023

I’ve read most everything wholesome I can find. I hate love triangles and just really want fluff. You have no way of knowing what I’ve read, and it’s too vast to list. Just recommend any fluffy gay romance. This site or others. Maybe someone will hit on something I haven’t read.

joined Apr 6, 2024

I'd love to see it too) Which ones do you know of?

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

SrNevik and Akaii, sorry for the late reply and thank you for the suggestions!

Ok
joined Mar 15, 2024

How do we relationship

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Did you mean manga body type, minimum age, somebody with children, or (step)incest?

I'll take whatever you've got at this point.

The only one I know of is this one: https://mangadex.org/title/24c2e0fc-e381-4e84-b011-1a11887ee6f0/jk-chan-and-her-classmate-s-mom

joined Sep 10, 2022

The only one I know of is this one: https://mangadex.org/title/24c2e0fc-e381-4e84-b011-1a11887ee6f0/jk-chan-and-her-classmate-s-mom

Some of these are a stretch but IDK what you consider "milf." I'm basing this off your mention of JK Chan's age gap. These are similar. For most of these, if they aren't finished here, they're finished elsewhere.

last edited at Apr 26, 2024 10:02AM

joined Sep 6, 2020

Does anyone recommend me about a "she fall first but she fall harder"???

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Age gap (though I think the woman wasn't that old
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kimi_wa_shoujo

It's been a long time, so I can't remember anything precise, but I think Asagi Ryu had a few works featuring mature women. No moms though. warning i don't think there's anything safe for work there (also you'd have to dig since not all of it is mature women, I think "Softly upon her" is)

I'll try to see if I can remember if there were any titles with Mothers.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Something like Candy maybe? Is that at least the dynamic you're looking for?

last edited at Apr 26, 2024 9:20AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Maybe Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san

last edited at Apr 26, 2024 10:12AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.