I don't know anything about 4chan humor, but Sorry, But I'm Not Into Yuri
probably fits the description of edgy.

last edited at Sep 12, 2023 12:55AM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

is there any yuri manga that is just super edgy and funny like 4chan humor

I don't know anything about 4chan humor, but Sorry, But I'm Not Into Yuri
probably fits the description of edgy.

The most recent chapter in particular went full on dark comedy.

joined Sep 9, 2023

Going to assume you mean humor that is crass and constantly crossing in the line, rather than slurs and stereotypes. I would suggest:

Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!

Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu

Namekawa-san Won't Be Mocked

Mononoke Sharing

Looking Up to Magical Girls

Joshi Shougakusei Hajimemashita

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san

Ayame and Amane

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

Going to assume you mean humor that is crass and constantly crossing in the line, rather than slurs and stereotypes. I would suggest:

Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!

Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu

Namekawa-san Won't Be Mocked

Mononoke Sharing

Looking Up to Magical Girls

Joshi Shougakusei Hajimemashita

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san

Ayame and Amane

Thanks ill make sure to check them out and tell you if they fit what i wanted

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

some were pretty good but others just werent what i was looking for and looking up to magical girls really disappointed me since it had a god tier start and just fell off

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

I usually don't ask for recommendations but i'm going to try it a couple time for now.
I just finished Model & Manager-san, Anyone got a yuri manga with this kind of dynamic? where one of the character is kinda being pampered by the other (or they mutually does it to each other). Like how Yuria likes being praised by Okabe when she does a good job and is a little clingy, and Okabe is kinda taking care of her.
I'm not mad about nsfw elements if they fit but preferably i'm looking for this kind of calm wholesome pace.

joined Sep 9, 2023

I usually don't ask for recommendations but i'm going to try it a couple time for now.
I just finished Model & Manager-san, Anyone got a yuri manga with this kind of dynamic? where one of the character is kinda being pampered by the other (or they mutually does it to each other). Like how Yuria likes being praised by Okabe when she does a good job and is a little clingy, and Okabe is kinda taking care of her.
I'm not mad about nsfw elements if they fit but preferably i'm looking for this kind of calm wholesome pace.

You definitely would like "Hogushite, Yui-san". Wholesome idiots-falling-in-love story of two black company office workers helping each other relax in a stressful work environment.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

You definitely would like "Hogushite, Yui-san". Wholesome idiots-falling-in-love story of two black company office workers helping each other relax in a stressful work environment.

Seems like a good one. Thanks

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat - a woman who enjoys cooking, but has a tiny appetite, gets to know her neighbor, a large woman with a physically demanding job and the appetite to match, and starts regularly cooking her huge meals. Super sweet and funny, and one of my favorite releases of last year. Also got a live-action adaptation by NHK, that is actually really good.

After the Curtain Call - a manhwa about a massive theater geek supporting her favorite small theater actress.

Monthly in the Garden With My Landlord - Asako can't help herself from taking care of Miyako, a former idol who's now her too carefree landlord.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

I'll check After the Curtain Call (already knew the other two). Thx.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

wait maitsuki niwatsuki ooyatsuki got an actually good translated title???

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

wait maitsuki niwatsuki ooyatsuki got an actually good translated title???

Translated, yes. Good, no.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Anyone got recommendations for works that start with the protag having a break-up / being dumped and having to heal their emotional scars and learn to love again first, possibly being aided by the new love interest? The angstier the better.

Most yuri/yaoi that start this way have the lead forget about their past relationship (frequently a het one) so fast it makes you wonder why they even had it in the first place.

I prefer a short to medium length series and am not opposed to BL. I can deal with NTR if it is the reason for the break-up.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Anyone got recommendations for works that start with the protag having a break-up / being dumped and having to heal their emotional scars and learn to love again first, possibly being aided by the new love interest? The angstier the better.

• Aqua Blue Cinema
  • Dark Asterisk (but read Kimi Koi Limit first)
  • The Woman Next Door (by Takemiya Jin)
  • this, maybe?

Anemone is in Heat seems to be heading that way for one of the main pairings, but that one is about a rejected confession, not a breakup. Very angsty though, much recommended.

And while we're at this, would you be interested in some Yagakimi fanfic? This one is just about what you asked for.

last edited at Sep 28, 2023 12:01PM

Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

One where the couple is married?

Doesn't matter if they got married before the story began, at the beginning, or in the middle, as long as it's not at the last chapter.

last edited at Sep 30, 2023 7:18PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Doesn't matter if they got married before the story began, at the beginning, or in the middle, as long as it's not at the last chapter.

Isn't The Moon Beautiful

Technically married, but probably not what you're looking for due to how they got there and how the story develops:
Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend
I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up

Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

Isn't The Moon Beautiful

Technically married, but probably not what you're looking for due to how they got there and how the story develops:

Yeah none of these are really what I'm looking for, but appreciated

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Isn't The Moon Beautiful

Yeah none of these are really what I'm looking for, but appreciated

You might like Wife and Wife. Technically not married, being set in a time where this just isn't possible for a lesbian couple, but otherwise considering each other wives anyway.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

To help with that, is what you're looking for in the story:
a) The dynamic of a married couple, as in a story of a established couple that has settled with each other long term. At which point something where the character are not married on paper, but are for all intents and purposes would interest you.
or
b) The official statute of marriage itself being a prominent theme that is brought up and discussed or commented on in the story?

Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

You might like Wife and Wife. Technically not married, being set in a time where this just isn't possible for a lesbian couple, but otherwise considering each other wives anyway.

To help with that, is what you're looking for in the story:
a) The dynamic of a married couple, as in a story of a established couple that has settled with each other long term. At >which point something where the character are not married on paper, but are for all intents and purposes would interest you.
or
b) The official statute of marriage itself being a prominent theme that is brought up and discussed or commented on in the story?

I was thinking of the latter, but I'll take the former too since I know the picking's slim. I like what I saw in Wife and Wife even though they're not legally married (though I don't think I can continue reading it since the art style creeps me out. It's those eyes man ^^" also the story and characters are a bit too CGDCT-y for my taste)

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Okay that is indeed a very thight one.
In fact, can't think of anything on top of my head. And I'm not sure I've even seen that (aside from maybe one shots).
"Our journey to lesbian motherhood" is autobiographical, and thus pretty grounded. And it's about, as the title states, a couple becoming mothers so it might interest you.

Though it's not exactly what you're asking for, you might be interested in "Collectors" by Nishi Uko. Established couple and it's more grounded, not on the very moe cutesy side of things.
"The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This" by Ikeda Takashi also follows a couple, a bit cuter than Collectors, but not too much IIRC.

last edited at Oct 3, 2023 11:18PM

lensbiandykely
Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

Okay that is indeed a very thight one.
In fact, can't think of anything on top of my head. And I'm not sure I've even seen that (aside from maybe one shots).
"Our journey to lesbian motherhood" is autobiographical, and thus pretty grounded. And it's about, as the title states, a couple becoming mothers so it might interest you.

Though it's not exactly what you're asking for, you might be interested in "Collectors" by Nishi Uko. Established couple and it's more grounded, not on the very moe cutesy side of things.
"The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This" by Ikeda Takashi also follows a couple, a bit cuter than Collectors, but not too much IIRC.

Hey Collectors looks right up my alley!^^ Too bad they don't actually get officially married but whatever, the dynamic is more imporant!

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Hey Collectors looks right up my alley!^^ Too bad they don't actually get officially married but whatever, the dynamic is more imporant!

Glad I could be at least a little helpful

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Any good slow burn stuff?

Preferably focused on adults rather than kids.

joined Jul 27, 2018

Any more Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha doujin coming soon?

To reply you must either login or sign up.