Forum › Ikenai Otona discussion

Kill
joined Mar 20, 2019

this one is super sweet, love it

joined Oct 10, 2016

Ah, from a stressful bunch of people unable to understand their feelings, we have something so delicate and charming. So cute. Definitely worth pickkng up!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

WHAT IS THIS FEELING?

joined Apr 23, 2019

shuto-uke and AGE-uke

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 8:41AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, regarding the age issue. Yes, it can be irritating if you're into age gap and people always keep coming in to say "adults and kids in relationships is wrong!" It can be really hard to see something you enjoy criticized, and you are likely tempted to lash out at them.

Thing is though, 15 really is a child still. And the difference between that and a 30 year old adult is pretty vast still. And if you're a fan of age gap, you're going to have to accept that you're a fan of a controversial subgenre that incorporates something unacceptable in real life. You can claim "it's fiction" all you want, but this is the price of admission, the same as it would be if you were a fan of rape stuff or vore or something. It's what you should expect coming in, all the more when the age is low.

As to the story itself, honestly it doesn't come off as much of a romance to me in the first place. The girl's cofession aside, it otherwise seems pretty bloodless. Her feelings, by her own admission, are based entirely on "you're the only one who was nice to me", while the older woman doesn't seem to have any particular strong feelings at all and has to be convinced into it. She's not looking for romance, and aside from the Magic Kiss That Stirs Feelings™ still doesn't seem to have found it. I guess it would be a cute one-shot, and we've got other ones that run like this on the site already, but I just ain't feelin' it as a couple I want to root for.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Age Gap yuri is in higher abundance these days.
These are fortunate times.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You know what? That genre is not controversial in Japan and in many other places.

I'm not even "into" age gap, but I still find irritating the people shitting on every single instance of that kind of work, without even looking at the quality of writing, or the characters' psychology.

This manga looks pretty well done and the MC looks like someone sensible. It's not like she's going to bed the JK right away. And people continue to confuse love with sexual attraction.

Murica and its satellites are not representing the standard of morality. Especially when they are proud to have a known sexual predator as a president, with a 24 years age difference with his wife.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awww. :D

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

and

War, war never changes.

So happy to know I'm not the only gamer gal around here :)))

I'd like to contribute sumthing, perhaps a quote from Michael DeSanta complaining that the pedos are after his little girl Tracey, but I'm too lazy to go search for a good one

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Yeah, people are acting like burgerland laws are the universal morality system. This would probably be controversial irl, but I don't think the girl is young enough for it be considered a controversial piece of fiction.
That aside, this is great and I want more.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 10:57AM

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Why do I like age gap so much? I'm just 16--Ooh nevermind, my crush is 19 c:

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

WHAT IS THIS FEELING?

SO SUDDEN AND NEW

Compressed-bffw
joined Jan 26, 2019

Age gap yessss
I want more but i think an open ending like this is good enough :">

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

WHAT IS THIS FEELING?

SO SUDDEN AND NEW

Um, you do realize that the feeling which is referred in that quote is eventually identified, later in the song, and turns out to be something quite different from love... right?

joined Apr 23, 2019

You know what? That genre is not controversial in Japan and in many other places.

I'm not even "into" age gap, but I still find irritating the people shitting on every single instance of that kind of work, without even looking at the quality of writing, or the characters' psychology.

This manga looks pretty well done and the MC looks like someone sensible. It's not like she's going to bed the JK right away. And people continue to confuse love with sexual attraction.

Murica and its satellites are not representing the standard of morality. Especially when they are proud to have a known sexual predator as a president, with a 24 years age difference with his wife.

Applauding to your last paragraph! You made my day! (also, everything you said is on point)

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 12:03PM

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Pretty good so far, hoping it doesn't go down the same route as fuwafuwa futashika and turn into something so lame it's unbearable... Here's to tuning in to find out clink

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The art and writing style are super nostalgic, it's like I'm back reading volume 20 of Yuri Hime. It reads so much like a oneshot! This is very interesting and unique from the perspective of a serialization. I'd be very pleased if such a style were continued on through the rest of the series, or at least some period of time before larger plot points come about. I find it rather strange that some drew attention to the male co-worker in a negative light. Both he and the old ladies were endearing to me! It's such a nice touch to have other characters involved early on - whether the co-worker, the villain, or the old ladies who stopped by, they all give a sense of being grounded in a larger setting. In some ways, it reminds me of Edible Flowers, though they're certainly very different stories.

Well, we'll see where it goes, but I'm intrigued already. If not particularly beautiful or striking, the first chapter certainly hit some unusual notes. And heck, the more stories we get out of high school, the better!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

WHAT IS THIS FEELING?

Ikr? but hey she had a BF like 10 years ago so she can't pretend not knowing for long unless her co worker words really carved deep in her psychic "oh? is maternal love? must be... of course it is! yes"

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The closer the younger one is to being off age the more acceptable age gaps become usually. Anything above 10 years difference is pretty rought too. It's a rather delicate balance.

Murica aside, there are really no civilized modern first world countries out there who support this kind of age gap in real life. You may get away with it through some loopholes in the law, but it would be culturally frowned upon. I mean, this takes place in Japan and even the Japanese would call this a crime lol
Remember people, age of consent does not mean anyone can get involved a with a kid that age. It means two teenagers of the same age group can consent.

Basically you cannot make a RL legal case for this, but in fiction it just about scrapes by. Especially when the author puts a lot of thought into it and takes it slow.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 3:19PM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

https://i.postimg.cc/wMwsHX3K/wk77e7g9gug21-1.jpg

I'd like to contribute sumthing, perhaps a quote from Michael DeSanta complaining that the pedos are after his little girl Tracey, but I'm too lazy to go search for a good one

Wasn't Tracey, like, twenty years old or close?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

22 actually, at the time of the events in the game..... and that's why it's so funny that her dad's always beating up and shooting guys who are leching after her, he's like 'how dare those PEDOS go after my little, little girl!' lol

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This manga seems nice.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

WHAT IS THIS FEELING?

SO SUDDEN AND NEW

Um, you do realize that the feeling which is referred in that quote is eventually identified, later in the song, and turns out to be something quite different from love... right?

Yes, it just reminded me of the song :T

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

22 actually, at the time of the events in the game..... and that's why it's so funny that her dad's always beating up and shooting guys who are leching after her, he's like 'how dare those PEDOS go after my little, little girl!' lol

Hah, well, actually, in his defense, you could say this: claiming that twenty-two is still under the age of consent is not less groundless or arbitrary than any of the other random conventions accepted all round the world.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hah, well, actually, in his defense, you could say this: claiming that twenty-two is still under the age of consent is not less groundless or arbitrary than any of the other random conventions accepted all round the world.

Honestly, since the brain doesn't completely finish developing until about age 25, give or take, it's actually more sensible than most. If not terribly practical.

To reply you must either login or sign up.