Forum › Even Though We're Adults discussion

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

ChippedIce posted:

I could've let this one grow on me but you fucking invited your fucking husband to that same bar!? like What The fuck girl... Just tell her with a message, geez, that was awful of you! What were you expecting to happen? Make her cry of course!

Going by how she wanted to let her know eventually that she had a husband, I'm guessing the husband invited her there, also because she came in after him so it leads me to think that the husband was the one "leading" in their little date.

Yeah but she had her phone, a little warning would've been decent.

Also, I'm mad but I'm against using a tag that would spoil the shock that the author was intending to make with the first chapter.

I'm writing a love triangle story and have a little experience with what the teacher's feeling. Obviously, cheating irl sucks, but this is class-A material for "I don't want to be in this marriage." She wanted to keep the two worlds separate, probably with the hopes of leaving her husband sometime in the near future. Then, her husband books a date for them at the bar with her girlfriend and she probably panicked like crazy. Staring at her phone, "should I, shouldn't I, should I, shouldn't I," until it was too late. As someone with anxiety, I can personally attest to how realistic it is to not give someone a heads-up in this situation. It's super shitty, she should be yelled at for it, but it makes for a believably flawed character. And flawed characters means character development and conflict, which a story requires to be interesting. I added this story to my favorites the instant I finished reading it.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

For the sake of the first chapter it won't be tagged until the second chapter comes out. Then the series will be tagged.

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

i was suprised by the end of the chapter and then i realised that author is the same who wrote aoi hana... now i understand. this won't end well.

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 4:13AM

Download
joined May 10, 2016

Interesting plot twist, I want to see the following story!

Severa%20icon
joined Sep 3, 2016

Big oof

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Well... damn
And I've got this on Sub.

joined May 27, 2019

Oof

oof indeed

Big OOF

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

just die men >.<

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Ouch

Grtertet
joined Aug 24, 2014

Hell yeah

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This gives me "After Hours" vibes with the sudden hook up, super comfy chemistry, and cheating. I love "After Hours" so I have a feeling I'll like this too. Just gotta see how it all plays out.

Wait, there's cheating in After Hours?

Wish I had known that before I bought the first three volumes...

Oops i think i misremembered another series. I double checked and didn't see cheating. I'll edit my original comment lol.

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

Hah inhales FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE! I knew this was gonna happen but I just kept reading!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah ha ha ha ... yeah. One of those chapters that remind me of that day I was run over by a car. Feels roughly the same. ^^

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

For the sake of maintaining an interesting story, I hope the husband isn't a villain. That seems like the standard route taken in stories like this, because it somehow absolves the cheating spouse of all guilt and makes the audience feel more comfortable. But stories about cheating aren't supposed to make you feel comfortable! They're supposed to raise interesting questions, put the characters in difficult positions, and make you question what it means to be a "good" person.

Too many series (fucking "My Unrequited Love") attempt to remove that aspect and end up with a really reductive narrative.

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 7:33AM

joined Feb 14, 2013

"Aw shit, here we go again" : The Manga-OVA-extravaganza

TheOGYuriQueen
joined Feb 25, 2019

Oooooof mage oof super duper mega oof

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

This gives me "After Hours" vibes with the sudden hook up, super comfy chemistry, and cheating. I love "After Hours" so I have a feeling I'll like this too. Just gotta see how it all plays out.

Wait, there's cheating in After Hours?

Wish I had known that before I bought the first three volumes...

Oops i think i misremembered another series. I double checked and didn't see cheating. I'll edit my original comment lol.

AH does technically have cheating, but the literal point is 'things are going bad enough with Emi's boyfriend that she's only staying together with him because she'd be homeless otherwise (and then Kei gives her a way out)' so

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Oh boy new shimura takako series!
Just as angsty as I remember there we go.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

YIKES!

joined Mar 27, 2015

Bleh, on one hand amazing art and really cool chapter... but really? Cheating is gross and totally turns me off to this

Grinning_Wolves
Ldd
joined Apr 9, 2014

I'm gonna nope right outta this one

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Remembering the first chapter of Aoi Hana

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

For the sake of maintaining an interesting story, I hope the husband isn't a villain. That seems like the standard route taken in stories like this, because it somehow absolves the cheating spouse of all guilt and makes the audience feel more comfortable. But stories about cheating aren't supposed to make you feel comfortable! They're supposed to raise interesting questions, put the characters in difficult positions, and make you question what it means to be a "good" person.

Too many series (fucking "My Unrequited Love") attempt to remove that aspect and end up with a really reductive narrative.

Um, yes. What you said.

So, all these "I don't like cheating" posts--is that saying, "I don't wish to read stories that contain cheating by fictional characters," or "I find cheating morally objectionable"?

Because although I've read plenty of mysteries, I'd never say, "I like murder."

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Thought I was settling in for a nice fluffy time with actual adults for once and then

Drama went and burst through that door

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Because although I've read plenty of mysteries, I'd never say, "I like murder."

I would

To reply you must either login or sign up.