Forum › F.U.S.S.A discussion

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

As someone who used to live on Yokota Air Base in Fussa, Japan, this is almost surreal to read. I even recognized the stair/bikeway that crossed over the highway on page five! The main gates are quite heavily guarded, and most of the base is surrounded by road, but around the "East Side" there's farmland just outside the fence-line where I can see an exchange like this being able to take place! (I used to walk my dog over there all the time lol.)

Reading this has made me giddy and definitely made my day! Yuri and nostalgia all from a one-shot! Definitely getting fav'd!

last edited at May 28, 2019 4:30AM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I'm with Delphi. I hate that story too. It's about how two angsty teenagers manage to get others killed and then die themselves over the course of 3 days, more or less. It's not romantic, it's tragic stupidity. lol

tbf a lot of shakespear's plays happen in a span of a few days

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I really liked this one-shot. Helped perk up an otherwise grey day.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

I really hope she wasn't trying to learn English from the original Romeo and Juliet. It'd be a miracle if anyone could understand her.

Kaoru from Bandori who's a perfect example of how those things can affect your mind.
"Just use normal word, can't you?"

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

So heartwarming.... T_T

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

Gah, that ending was too sweet

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It wasnt very clear what was being spoken in what language - you could never perfectly represent that in translation but I think it could have been made clearer with much more different fonts- like maybe English in times roman bold, Japanese in some kinda Japanese style font, and the partial in yet another slightly asian looking font - something like that?

Yeah, it wasn't the easiest. Basically anything that's handwritten or in that generic font with shaky punctuation is spoken English, while the stuff in brackets is spoken English that is translated into Japanese for the reader. The only line we changed from the former was "I wish that were so" which as originally "I wish if so".

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well met. ^_^

joined Nov 30, 2016

Uggghhh my heart(╥ω╥`)

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Abolish borders~

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Its refreshing to read something like this, and I wouldn't be opposed to mangas taking this approach and giving us something different.

I was actually hoping, and expecting that they both would get the idea to try and cross that border; not just Delphi.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yKfANDVxw8

last edited at May 28, 2019 1:42PM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

ai amu notto kurayin desu T-T I'm not crying!

M-me neither!

Oh I lie, it was rather touching. Going to the same high school and everything! And finally able to hold hands too! and wet sloppy kissing! I hope.

joined Apr 21, 2014

AI SUTADII INGURISSHU!!

last edited at May 28, 2019 6:47PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Very lovely. Nicely done.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yKfANDVxw8

Holy shit I did not expect the base to be real.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Romeo and Juliet is an Ancient Roman story about keeping your arranged marriage and both of the families were mobsters.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I'm with Delphi. I hate that story too. It's about how two angsty teenagers manage to get others killed and then die themselves over the course of 3 days, more or less. It's not romantic, it's tragic stupidity. lol

It's supposed to be a tragedy. People who think the romance between R & J is a love for the ages are missing the point. When the story starts Romeo is totally emo over a completely different girl, and if he had managed to live another three weeks he'd probably be mooning over yet another pretty face he glimpsed from 200 feet away. It's not love, it's just infatuation, and if the adults hadn't made it this big dramatic thing the stupid infatuated teenagers would have done what stupid infatuated teens usually do, be briefly besotted and then realize they have nothing in common after five awkward minutes of attempted conversation. Teens are stupid for a reason, their brains haven't finished developing. What's the adults' excuse?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I thought the part with all the rape jokes was pretty funny.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

As someone who used to live on Yokota Air Base in Fussa, Japan, this is almost surreal to read. I even recognized the stair/bikeway that crossed over the highway on page five! The main gates are quite heavily guarded, and most of the base is surrounded by road, but around the "East Side" there's farmland just outside the fence-line where I can see an exchange like this being able to take place! (I used to walk my dog over there all the time lol.)

Reading this has made me giddy and definitely made my day! Yuri and nostalgia all from a one-shot! Definitely getting fav'd!

Huh, so it really is a place. It wasn't a portmanteau of FUSO and USA.

It's cool, but... I kinda liked the other explanation better... 乁( ⁰͡ Ĺ̯ ⁰͡ ) ㄏ

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Huh, so it really is a place. It wasn't a portmanteau of FUSO and USA.

It's cool, but... I kinda liked the other explanation better... 乁( ⁰͡ Ĺ̯ ⁰͡ ) ㄏ

I think because the title is broken up like an acronym, it can still be seen as a portmanteau; it just so happens to spell out the area where the base is located. Author-san made a clever pun. =)

joined Jul 23, 2017

I love how it is romantic but when it ended i was like "THATS ALL!" I mean wheres the hugging part like are they going to be friends or going out with each other but I guess its going to be in our imagination of what will happen to this two still a Beautiful story ❀.*・゚✿゜:。*

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Orravan posted:

I love how it is romantic but when it ended i was like "THATS ALL!" I mean wheres the hugging part like are they going to be friends or going out with each other but I guess its going to be in our imagination of what will happen to this two still a Beautiful story ❀.*・゚✿゜:。*

Of course they're going to have borderline nsfw action and have a DEEP cultural exchange as their tongues get used to each others delicate parts..... of their respective language .... and body language too

last edited at May 29, 2019 1:16PM

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

I feel like it ended with two young ladies literally fucking each other's mouths with their tongues near the military base fence. Off screen of course. I can't believe they just hug. No. Not after that heart-like bookmark and blushing.

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

Hell yeah! If they move to America, they can get married! This story is a pog!

To reply you must either login or sign up.