Forum › Posts by Silverquill

joined Apr 21, 2014

I don't mind loli/shota and some of my favourite manga is from the genre, but I think the way it's presented here is a little more unsettling than the norm.
Usually it's made less predatory by the kid being particularly mature and often being the first one to confess, and the adult often feels a sort of moral dilemma even if she's super into the kid. The sexual elements are also often kept to a minimum until the kid is a little older.
Here, it's kind of reversed, with the adult being the pursuer and having no qualms about it, even casually insisting on doing erotic stuff like french-kissing the kid.

I still don't really have a problem with it myself (I just don't particularly enjoy it) but I do think it stands out even within the loli genre.

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

Could've at least took the actual ship (komaru x touko)

There seems to be a complete lack of this ship in doujinshi. Heck, the whole reason I played Ultra Despair Girls was cause I thought the ship was legit lol

still enjoyed the game a lot

I desperately want to read a Toukomaru doujin! I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be one yet considering how obvious the pairing is.

joined Apr 21, 2014

This is why I always check my shoes for bugs before putting them on!

joined Apr 21, 2014

I love this, but some of the characters look identical to each other and i find it really confusing!

Silverquill
Yuri author avatars? 13 Jul 15:47
joined Apr 21, 2014

Ahh thank you, you guys (/gals) are great!! I didn't realize there were so many! A few of them are definitely familiar.

Namori's potato with legs really cracked me up (・∀・)

Silverquill
Yuri author avatars? 13 Jul 02:29
joined Apr 21, 2014

Hi all!

I'm trying to put together a list of yuri authors with recognizable avatars, but I'm having trouble finding some.

So far I have Amano Shuninta's seal and Morinaga Milk's cat, but that's it...

( Examples:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_feelings_we_all_must_endure_vol_3_extra_and_postscript#36
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_secret_recipe_ch17#17 )

I know authors with this kind of avatar are probably fairly uncommon, but there has to be more than that!
I'm certain I've seen at least a couple more over the years, but I can't seem to remember who they belonged to.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Silverquill
F.U.S.S.A discussion 28 May 18:47
joined Apr 21, 2014

AI SUTADII INGURISSHU!!

last edited at May 28, 2019 6:47PM

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

I'm a bit confused by the last page; not sure what it's supposed to mean.

Silverquill
Pillow Talk discussion 13 Aug 13:19
joined Apr 21, 2014

Yes!!! So happy to see this! There is not nearly enough art of Pearl x Marina. I think they make an amazing couple

joined Apr 21, 2014

I like it, but it makes me a bit uneasy how it seems like all those different girls like her... the introduction of 3 different love interests in this manner and at this point in the story felt unnecessary to me.

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

I didn't dislike it, but it really could have used more development / explanation. A few pages isn't enough for me to care about a couple, especially one that on the surface seems mismatched.

You're REALLY missing the joke here

I mean, it's not like joke comics can't be cute or endearing or interesting. There are tons of short and comedy-filled stories on here that attract criticism or compliments in the comments instead of just jokes and laughter.

I recognize that it's meant to be jokey but I still think it's unfortunate that it's so short - if nothing else, it could at least have been funnier if the jokes were more fleshed out and it didn't end so abruptly.

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

I didn't dislike it, but it really could have used more development / explanation. A few pages isn't enough for me to care about a couple, especially one that on the surface seems mismatched.

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

Oh, on top of the ribbon thing, I just noticed that the tall one stopped wearing her glasses too (after the other complimented her 'natural' look)

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

It's nice that Kyoko can have a little sister again after her real one died...

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

Am I the only one who finds the cats ugly?! I mean, they still have a cuteness about them, but I'm distracted by their unnaturally long and thick necks.

Silverquill
"Madoka" discussion 28 Aug 20:15
joined Apr 21, 2014

Polycell posted:

Wasn't she the one that told Kyubey about Madokami(and the witch system) in the first place? She's not blameless, no matter how hard you try.

Yeah, because she wasn't even sure it had really happened. You DO realize that Homura's mental state degraded pretty severely over the course of her time loops, right? By the end of the series she was questioning her own sanity quite severely. Hence why Rebellion even happened to begin with. She's far more blameless than you're attempting to paint her as.

Yeah, and in any case no one suspected that Kyubey would have the ability to recapture Madoka. She had no reason to hide it.

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

I think this is it.

That's exactly it, thanks! Not quite how I remembered it, but it was fun to read it again after all that time :)

joined Apr 21, 2014

Homura is honestly just really bad at being evil and I love it.

I'd argue she was never evil to begin with but I digress :).

I agree. Homura isn't evil. Just really selfish XD

It's really a philosophical conundrum, Homura fights justifiably for her own self-preseveration, but in doing so she hurts the one she loves, which hurts herself. Ultimately my take is that accepting her sitation as hopeless would be tantamount to suicide, so she pretty much takes the only sane path available to her. Would you give up your life, love, and happiness for the good of the world? Most people wouldn't. Whether they SHOULD is the crux of the "did Homura do anything wrong" question.

I think Homura is actually very selfless. She was willing to turn into a witch and then die, without ever seeing Madoka again, to save her from being interfered with by Kyubey. She was also ready to accept Madoka's 'goddess' status even though it hurt her. She changed her mind when Madoka herself (though amnesic) told her she couldn't stand being separated from everyone she loves.

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

Hi!
I'm looking for a manga I read a few years ago, not sure if it was on this site or another one but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
I don't remember the exact plot but there was a yaoi couple and a yuri couple who married each other (as in, the men married the women), so that they could act as each other's "beards". I think they went on a honeymoon all together afterwards too.

joined Apr 21, 2014

The first half of the title is literally me

You're a kouhai I never talked to once before?

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

"You are [my lover], aren't you?
I kinda want your cherry"

....am I the only one who thought that line was really dirty at first?

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

Uh... it's lovely but I don't think that they love each other the same way... Mimika loves Yuzu-chan in a sexual way, but Yuzu-chan loves Mimika because she wants someone to be at her side, like an older sister figure? I mean, of course, kids in Yuzumori's age RARELY develop sexual atraction to (or wanting sexual pleasure from) other people... I said rarely 'cause there are many cases in which happens (me included, my sexuality started when I was eleven I think?).

AFAIK it's really not uncommon for 10 / 11 / 12-year olds or even younger to want that kind of pleasure from others. I was that way and I knew at least a few other kids who were the same, leading to a couple of pseudo-sexual experiences in elementary school. My friend who has a degree in psychology (with courses in child development, etc.) told me it's more common than people tend to believe.

I think it is somewhat rare for them to want pleasure from older people though, oftentimes it's from other kids their own age (though Yuzumori doesn't seem to identify with her peers at all, which might explain it).

joined Apr 21, 2014

Just turn Sakuya into a vampire, problem solved :D

joined Apr 21, 2014

Yech, that octopus scene was just dreadful :/ It really takes away from the cuteness of the manga when they lightheartedly kill an animal IMO.

Silverquill
joined Apr 21, 2014

It's okay. They could still break up. >:3 And then childhood friend will swoop in the save the day.