Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

joined May 4, 2013

I see now, thanks for opening my eyes. I conclude that I hate everybody equally, because being trans sucks ass either way, and so should being an oppressive cis-het bigot, but guess that's the way it supposed to be. No one should transition successfully, not socially, nor physically. And no one should ever forgive transphobes who changed their hateful ways. And I sure as heck hope we won't see any further representation of trans minorities in manga. Updated my OP

How the hell do you get from some people can't or don't want to fully transition (and it being OK for this to be the case in manga as well) to no one should transition? o_O

TW: depression

Via the realization that it's pointless to try and entertain the thought that trans people undergo enough changes for them to be able to live as a different gender socially or that it's impossible to persuade the cis-het to reverse years of harmful social conditioning of theirs in order for non-trans tg to live authentically. That's why there shouldn't be any sort of representation of trans-issues in any entertainment media for that matter. I suppose the LGBT shouldn't fight collectively for each other's rights either but should all commit die, including myself, maybe love isn't love who knows.

last edited at Aug 5, 2020 6:15PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You should be careful with the words you choose.You sound very pessimistic. Peoples here can listen if you have problem, just go [there], i'm sure peoples can help you get rid of this negativity.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Noooo not the cliffhanger, I'm guessing the next chapter or if there's another after it will be the last one

This manga was great, it was really an eye opener, lately I've been searching for manga/anime that look deeply into these kinda of things, even if there wasn't an inherently fairy tale ending (which in my opinion makes it all the more better)

But I'm happy it's ending with a lesbian wedding, that's pretty cool

I'm glad I'm not the only one. There are so many negative comments here. You might try this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shimanami_tasogare

Yes I've read that one also, enjoyed it too, although it was a bit ambiguous at times instead of straightforward like this one which threw me off a little

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Not everyone wants or even can do that, though.

fictional characters can, lmayo I'd never ask of that from a real person.

I think the point of this manga was to be real, hence why there wasn't a happy ending for most of them. They all had to move on and learn from their mistakes/broken hearts. Which is also why most people didn't like it lol

There are lots of different kinds of representation in here, unlike other manga, which also makes it more realistic already

last edited at Aug 7, 2020 6:16AM

joined Aug 22, 2019

Bokura no Hentai is one of my favourites for its total deconstruction of the otokonoko genre. I won't say it handles everything perfectly, but it has a trans girl that feels authentic. The author even mentions that she spoke to an actual doctor that specializes in transgender healthcare for the manga, and it really does show. Bonus, one of the epilogue chapters has the tag "depressing ass fuck" which makes the chapter a lot funnier than it is intended to be.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

fucked up

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Did not expect that plot twist

joined Sep 13, 2018

Well that was a disappointing last few chapters :/

joined Aug 21, 2017

So uh, anybody big-brained to explain what's going on?

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

I'm disappointed. Okay she was het from the very beginning so it's logical she ended up with a guy. But come on she could have also stay friend with him and show a another type of relationship between man and woman. The author did it when she was younger... I know it was made this way to give a happy end to everyone but I didn't expect this to be a couple and make a child.

joined Jun 3, 2014

This manga said gnc people have no rights

jaegermangenson
joined Jan 9, 2015

i guess with the last chapter they were tryna "subvert expectations" and say that not everyone you want to end up together actually ends up together, but it really just ended up being very disappointing. i did enjoy all the previous chapters though

joined Oct 27, 2018

As many problems as i had with this manga, I had hoped it would have a decent ending. I should have known better.

last edited at Aug 18, 2020 2:34AM

joined Sep 13, 2018

I mean I guess I just expected a manga with like, a theme about identity and figuring out who you are About a girl with a clear crush on her trans best friend would go that Route... Not like, end up marrying the guy who I felt she had weird chemistry with, especially having a kid with him or w/e.

As many problems as i had with this manga, I had hoped it would have a decent ending. I should have known better.

Yeaaah same :/

last edited at Aug 18, 2020 2:36AM

joined Oct 27, 2018

I mean I guess I just expected a manga with like, a theme about identity and figuring out who you are About a girl with a clear crush on her trans best friend would go that Route... Not like, end up marrying the guy who I felt she had weird chemistry with, especially having a kid with him or w/e.

I didn't even necessarily expect them to end up together. I would have been fine with that. This ending though came across as such a "f**k you" to everything it seemed to be trying to say.

This manga said gnc people have no rights

That's the most infuriating part of all this.

joined Sep 13, 2018

I didn't even necessarily expect them to end up together. I would have been fine with that. This ending though came across as such a "f**k you" to everything it seemed to be trying to say.

Yeah, yeah fair lmao. The ending doesn't necessarily need to have them together with the premise, but god yeah, like... We watched her go through all that only for a real meh ending. Lesbian wedding is nice, I guess, but ehhh. Consolation prize of the year :/

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This reminds me of nanashi no asterism lol. Lesbian side couple and MC ends up het despite having a CLEAR LESBIAN CRUSH THE ENTIRE TIME. yeah just.. bullshit obnoxious. Felt like they were going to push a push a positive trans lesbian narrative but chickened out at the last minute :/

at least we'll always have ayumi and aika

last edited at Aug 18, 2020 2:55AM

joined Aug 11, 2014

Hime's ending is... I dunno. Fine, I guess. I was more or less expecting it. What I wasn't expecting, even from this manga, was for Akira to be given exactly one frame of epilogue, and then getting defined by her hopes for someone else's kid. Like, what the fuck? Okay, so she became a stylist. I guess I can see it, though I'm not sure it lines up with... anything... she ever did or said in the story. But, fine, whatever, your job doesn't have to be a poetic culmination of your character arc. So what has she done with her life? What has she done, in the intervening years? How has she been affected by the story?

...Nothing? She's a beautician? That's it? That's all we get? About a character who was more central to the story than the ostensible protagonist? Really? She just went on existing as a foil for other people to have character development through, huh? That's all she ever was, I guess. I should have seen it coming.

Slide
joined Dec 15, 2019

no het tag?

joined Oct 27, 2018

...Nothing? She's a beautician? That's it? That's all we get? About a character who was more central to the story than the ostensible protagonist? Really? She just went on existing as a foil for other people to have character development through, huh? That's all she ever was, I guess. I should have seen it coming.

Akira-chan was always just a prop. This manga completely failed it's trans character and it failed in general, as the progressive LGBT+ work it so desperately wanted to be.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I feel like this story was trying to say something complex and then just... fumbled it with some clumsy decisions. Wow did a lot of its intrigue feel sidelined. Lesbian side couple felt kinda out of nowhere (would have worked better if it were between characters we’d been following the whole time), Akira just gets sidelined, and Hime’s relationship felt like a weird swerve.

I dunno. It ended... okay? I guess I expected it to have a more compelling endgame, for all the messaging it seemed to set up early on.

Basically how I feel, like... it felt apprehensive about its own ideas by the end.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

...I spent two years. Two years reading this thing, feeling unsatisfied midway through.

One year of reading through the preaching, hoping Hime would be literally anything but cishet.

The only thing I like from this ending is the fact that Yuka's happy. Fucking MVP.

AnnabellaRenee87
Fb_img_1653938041525
joined Aug 13, 2019

As a trans woman, this ending feels unsatisfying.
They didn't need to make her so much bigger than the cis girls, Japanese people are not that disportional....
Welp, another one to not recommend.
Go read Wondering Son if you want a good transgender story, hell Girl meets Girl is leaps and bounds better.....

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Oof. Some scathingly honest reviews from the esteemed critics at Dynasty lol.
I liked it however. Despite its obvious flaws, it still felt meaningful. One of the few times I didn't feel upset by a hetero end for the MC. I always knew that girl was straight. I'm just glad that she's happy. Akira definitely should have had more development though. Felt more like a set-piece than a character most of the time.
8/10
Decent stuff.

vanquishedValiant
joined May 11, 2017

Sigh.

Saw this shit coming half the damn story ago when the dude started creeping, and they still managed to exceed my expectations for how bad this could end.

I got really suspicious when the author comments talked about being straight and asking friends for advice how to write about gay people, and you can very much tell this is a straight person's story about gay people.

What are our end morals here? Be happy with what you get? Spit platitudes about finding yourself and living your truth, but you can't get married for real and if you try to be yourself you'll be alone forever? That you'll give up on your crush and marry a guy that stalked you and bullied you into dating him against your will?

Maybe it's a happy feel good story for straight people who think we've already got it too good. I should never have expected any better.

To reply you must either login or sign up.