Forum › Posts by vanquishedValiant

vanquishedValiant
Aya's Shop discussion 02 Jun 12:07
joined May 11, 2017

Erm so normally I'd be fine with rape in a story, it's just one of the things that is a part of life and adds drama. But i am NOT okay with them saying that the victims eventually enjoy it. Yes this is fiction, but saying that is giving validation to ppl looking for it. And to me that's not okay. This is definitely one I'll be giving a pass lol.

I feel like it's not so much suggesting the victims eventually enjoy it so much as the perpetrator feels powerful by forcing the victim's body to react to erotic sensation against their will. It's not that the victims are enjoying it; it's that they are specifically not enjoying it but cum anyways because of uncontrolled physiological response to stimulation. It's another part of the power trip, basically. I don't think that scene is especially validating so much as it is one pervert tempting another with their perspective, but I understand it being an uncomfortable read you're free to dislike.

Personally I found this story fascinating; it definitely a has a bit overmuch text (especially those spam filled backgrounds early on) but I think a lot of people here are exaggerating when they say it's unclear, I think it sets an even pace and establishes the running scenario of Aya's amateur prostitution business, as well as today's special customer theme. It's also most quite certainly futa, and it doesn't have to draw undue attention to that for it to be true? It also doesn't really have any bearing on the themes, either.

Something a lot of people are missing getting caught up in the morality of the semi-non-consensual-consent rape play, (which I think is definitely a contentious issue on its own, though the story at least attempts to show it as such with how apologetic she is, the pay bonus, and the uncertainty of the memory suppression), is how the demonkind reacts afterwards? I think the real value in the story here lies in digging into that examining of an underlying kink being the only way she has to experience true sexual pleasure, but having the forethought to experiment in (relative) safety and morality to know for sure, and then have the confidence and informed knowledge to decide to consciously abstain. The difference between her and the criminal lies in her self control and her consideration of other people over selfish singular pleasure.

I think it's certainly possible that there's a world in which she still gets her satisfaction more ethically with BDSM play and other similar arrangements, but she's also realized that she's able to derive similar satisfaction from other things in life and opening a sweets business; and given the choice she'd rather abstain from getting used to something that's hurtful to others; which is something of a statement about personal discipline, self determination, and deciding what pleasure means to you as an individual.

More of a sexual philosophy think-piece than erotica, here, and even-handed enough that it stands out to me as a memorable work.

vanquishedValiant
joined May 11, 2017

Sigh.

Saw this shit coming half the damn story ago when the dude started creeping, and they still managed to exceed my expectations for how bad this could end.

I got really suspicious when the author comments talked about being straight and asking friends for advice how to write about gay people, and you can very much tell this is a straight person's story about gay people.

What are our end morals here? Be happy with what you get? Spit platitudes about finding yourself and living your truth, but you can't get married for real and if you try to be yourself you'll be alone forever? That you'll give up on your crush and marry a guy that stalked you and bullied you into dating him against your will?

Maybe it's a happy feel good story for straight people who think we've already got it too good. I should never have expected any better.

vanquishedValiant
joined May 11, 2017

"Instead of being a 'couple' or being 'friends' there may not be a name for our relationship in this society yet,"

eyes roll back out of my head
Jesus girl if you're not going to date her just reject her properly instead of this half-assed have-it-but-not-it shit. This manga is so great at deliberately obscuring simple situations and feelings seem like god damn eldritch mysteries so they can talk to 3 more side "characters" mouthpieces about it