Forum › Love is Heavy discussion

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Things you don't say to your girlfriend: "It's so good being in a romance where I'm not the one who feels jealous and lonely." xD

Goes easier when both are girls.

Personally I love seeing new works. This was shorter than I thought it would be though.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

How can you find something annoying and cute at the same time...I think irritation sort of sucks the appeal out of something by definition...

Nah.

Nah x2
Sometimes cuteness and annoyance go hand in hand

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

How can you find something annoying and cute at the same time...I think irritation sort of sucks the appeal out of something by definition...

People intentionally keep cats as pets.
There you go.

Or children.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

There you go.

Or children.

I spit out my drink.

joined Jan 10, 2017

Nah.

Nah x2
Sometimes cuteness and annoyance go hand in hand

But she is finding her annoying clinginess cute? I dunno, it doesn't make sense to me. It's not like this is her kid being a brat but she loves her anyway, this is their whole relationship dynamic as far as we can see, and she's sympathizing with it as a valid reason to break up, not as something mildly irritating.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

^ What kind of a savage are you?

There needs to be a tag for short stuff like this. It would help warn me about not putting in the effort to read it when an artist fails to publish work that envelops the readers in a good story.

The short four page stuff is something new to this site.

I’d give some slack if there’s a tag for “new artist” too.

When you click on the work, all the pages are listed in a column to the left of the reader. Usually they're even numbered for your convenience. Here's a tip: if you click on a work and the numbers don't go high enough for you, you can always just go back and avoid wasting your time.

Ok. Thank you for the reply.

When viewing from mobile, there’s no page columns to glance at. It’s a disappointment when hitting credits page sooner than expected. I’ll refrain from griping about page length from here on out.

This. I wish dynasty on mobile devices has a paging system show on bottom of the page or on top saying 1/10 or 2/10. Sometime I thought the manga was finished and clicked back without knowing that it still continued a bit after the "ending". Skipping over to the desired location is also inconvenience because you have to right clk several times and have to wait for the pages to load. Sometime this can take especially long due to the high quality images (not that I'm complaining about the hq images). Unfortunately I tend to browse Dynasty a lot on mobile so this is often an issue.

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 5:40AM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Get married and/or live with someone. They'll both annoy you, and (hopefully) you'll still love them/appreciate things about them. I've been married going on ten years, my wife is still very cute, especially when gardening or doing something she's passionate about, but there are things about her that annoy me (for example, she leaves lights on all the time). :-)

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

^ What kind of a savage are you?

There needs to be a tag for short stuff like this. It would help warn me about not putting in the effort to read it when an artist fails to publish work that envelops the readers in a good story.

The short four page stuff is something new to this site.

I’d give some slack if there’s a tag for “new artist” too.

When you click on the work, all the pages are listed in a column to the left of the reader. Usually they're even numbered for your convenience. Here's a tip: if you click on a work and the numbers don't go high enough for you, you can always just go back and avoid wasting your time.

Ok. Thank you for the reply.

When viewing from mobile, there’s no page columns to glance at. It’s a disappointment when hitting credits page sooner than expected. I’ll refrain from griping about page length from here on out.

This. I wish dynasty on mobile devices has a paging system show on bottom of the page or on top saying 1/10 or 2/10. Sometime I thought the manga was finished and clicked back without knowing that it still continued a bit after the "ending". Skipping over to the desired location is also inconvenience because you have to right clk several times and have to wait for the pages to load. Sometime this can take especially long due to the high quality images (not that I'm complaining about the hq images). Unfortunately I tend to browse Dynasty a lot on mobile so this is often an issue.

you can go to the desktop site by clicking on your page's options. this will show the numbering and it will looks like you're browsing from a pc from your mobile.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

i like how the last page seems heartwarming at first but then you think about it some more and realize she's basically saying "I'm glad you're the one feeling insecure in this relationship instead of me" and that's kinda messed up. Well, that's Naoko Kodama for you.

For one, while that's technically true, Anna doesn't seem like a doormat, in fact she knows exactly what she wants. To me it seems likely that if Mayu doesn't become a bit more attentive, Anna will just break up with her eventually. Or maybe Anna can learn to have more faith in Mayu. Either way, their dynamic doesn't feel as unbalanced and borderline hostile as the one that was between Mayu and her previous partner (how did those two even hook up anyways). So while the relationship might not be sustainable in its current form, things aren't looking that bad for either of them.

I think you guys are reading too much into it. it sounded to me that the black-haired girl is happy that her gf loves her so much and is attached to, to the extent that she won't have to worry about being jealous, because she trusts her gf and knows that she only has eyes for her.

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 8:49AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

There you go.

Or children.

"[38] Birds -- Everything that cries in the night is wonderful. With the exception, of course, of babies."
- Sei Shōnagon, The Pillow Book

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 9:07AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Was reading in a smaller screen and couldn’t see the number of pages, but it was Kodama so I kept on waiting for the angst. Lmao I’m so judgmental. I like this one. :>

joined Feb 23, 2016

God damn whyy..?

joined Jan 9, 2018

Ugh.. the feels I guess I was too clingy to my past girlfriend that's why she cheated on me

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I can't believe this mangaka is actually consistently drawing something I like. It's crazy.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Sunnyskies posted:

What sort of absolute weirdo wouldn't??

joined Dec 13, 2013

I love Kodama Naoko. She's the only one that makes yuri more realistic, more fucked up. People are bad but in yuri it seems there's only the moe trope. Women aren't only moe, or always moe, they have bad feelings and flaws. And relationships aren't just "jealous of your ex" or the other common tropes, people can be annoying too and you can still love them/want to be with them.

The only thing she's bad at is making communication between the couple something that exists, but I understand why she would complicate things for the sake of the good ol' drama.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Cute.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is the same dynamic as "Feelings We All Must Endure" by Amano Shuninta. One of the MCs was the neko to her boyfriend (here it's her tachi tomboy girlfriend) and in the end, that wasn't where she wanted to be. Once she was in the tachi position - though still femme - she was happy. And Anna wanted her, so I think she'll stay devoted. A lot of people thought the ending of "Watashi Sekai o Kouseisuru Chiri no You na Nani ka" was a bad one, but they both got what they wanted. Same thing here. People thought Sachi was too mean and teasing to Ruki, too. I think - as with most of her work - Kodama-sensei is being rather subtle here.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This is the same dynamic as "Feelings We All Must Endure" by Amano Shuninta. One of the MCs was the neko to her boyfriend (here it's her tachi tomboy girlfriend) and in the end, that wasn't where she wanted to be. Once she was in the tachi position - though still femme - she was happy. And Anna wanted her, so I think she'll stay devoted. A lot of people thought the ending of "Watashi Sekai o Kouseisuru Chiri no You na Nani ka" was a bad one, but they both got what they wanted. Same thing here. People thought Sachi was too mean and teasing to Ruki, too. I think - as with most of her work - Kodama-sensei is being rather subtle here.

Except in that piece of garbage all the characters cheated on eachother for no fucking reason.

Eetw4a5ueaiu2_t
joined Jun 1, 2017

UNF. I love my dysfunctional, unhealthy fictional couples

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

At least make a girlfriend for her that loves the clingyness or something

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

There you go.

Or children.

Dogs, small pigs, chicken, some friends, inlaws, ect.

To reply you must either login or sign up.