Forum › Please discussion

joined Apr 29, 2018

there are plenty of people out there who's waiting for the future you to be with them.

i laughed sooooo hard on this one!

joined Aug 31, 2017

Hiro ‘forgetting’ and not even acknowledging Chiharu’s death to be of importance characterizes Hiro as inhumane for her lack of personality and indifference towards loss. It’s unfortunate Chiharu continues to love and die for a selfish Hiro, who does not deserve any of Chiharu’s tears.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It would have hit harder if Hiro hadn't been such a dick, and if it was actually possible to drown by falling asleep in a bath.

You can definitely die by passing out on sleeping pills in the bath or even just really drunk for that matter. For those thinking this is a suicide it is much more so implied this was an accident caused by passing out in the bath tub from a combination of sleep deprivation and prescription sleeping pills. Her last thoughts are about how she is going to go meet her girlfriend after a bath. Most people don't make plans for after their suicide.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 11:28PM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Idk. I feel kinda apathetic for this.
Decent. Still forgettable.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

This made my chest tighten up. I like the haunting feeling it gives off. Feel bad for the ghost girl, she has to keep reliving that pain

joined Sep 9, 2016

thats rough buddy

Sometimes your gf becomes the moon, sometimes she accidentally has too many pills and drowns. Luckily Zuko's greeting-card-like words of consolation always help.

Blastaar, you are going to love this anthology.

What's the name of the one where a girl turns into the moon?

Not a manga (as far as I know), but season one of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Not sure if that's still a spoiler... :/

Yeah, this one hurt. Mon cœur...

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

i don't think it was suicide....I thought she just passed out because from all of the sleepless nights
p.s. I liked this one-shot and the author's previous work. Definitely looking forward to her next project!

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 11:28PM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Oh, Please.

I’m here to read some fluffy like or to have a peek of Hana no Arashi updated. But this what I’ve read. What a heartache. I feel bad for the girl. Keep reliving the pain. Keeping back in cycle.

Her gf, the one who confessed first, but the one who seemed abandon her coz of of her ambition. Such a hell.

Now. How will I forget this story.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Its sad but i Love It!

joined Apr 30, 2014

Well that was depressing as fk.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

These days, I have no taste for sad tragic yuri. Especially if it ends in death. And then eternal regret, grief, angst and whatnot. When/if I feel like I want to read that sorta stuff, I read some classic yuri from the seventies.

Modern yuri with that kind of theme somehow rubs me the wrong way. I'm like: "That was the staple for centuries, it's been done to death, geez! Write something sweet and funny!"

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I hate this! I wanted to read something before sleeping and it's something super sad! :(

Yandere%20eve
joined Mar 27, 2018

I usually don't write stuff about manga and images but this manga is just so good and shows the difference in what other people feel towards each other and how something like this can hurt both parties and they might never find out. It stings but the ending is something that hurts more as it just starts to repeat this forever.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Wtf. I've ben avoiding this kind of stuff. But I already started reading. And I trusted there was no tag of whatever horror's gonna happen. This is gonna haunt me for days. I really hope there's at least depressing as fuck tag since tragedy would be a spoiler.

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

That shit hits hard

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I really like the art in both of their works, and they capture a feeling as if, at least in this one, they are disconnected from reality which is kind of cool. I'm excited to see more of their work.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I still don’t get it how Hiro-Chan doesn’t remember her, they went out I thought or rather she must’ve heard from her lovers death ? :I

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Sometimes your gf becomes the moon, sometimes she accidentally has too many pills and drowns. Luckily Zuko's greeting-card-like words of consolation always help.

Blastaar, you are going to love this anthology.

What's the name of the one where a girl turns into the moon?

Just reminded me of:
At night when the stars
Light up my room
I sit by myself
Talking to the moon
Tryin' to get to you
In hopes you're on
The other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Ok this is the third time in a row, stop please I can't handle all this feels :'(

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ok this is the third time in a row, stop please I can't handle all this feels :'(

It's our annual Halloween release spree. Strap in buddy, we've only just started.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The sequences to the story are actually pretty clear: pages and partial pages with a white background to the gutters are the "present," where Chiharu is dead (and stuck in a memory/experience loop) and Hiro is continuing her work as a model. Pages with a black background to the gutters are flashbacks to Chiharu's lived past, including the dream she had the night after she saw Hiro and Mao.

When she woke up from that dream and started getting ready for what she believed to be a date with Hiro, and no doubt addled by the sleeping pills and her disrupted sleep patterns, she lost consciousness and drowned in the bathtub. She keeps trying to fulfill that date with Hiro by the ocean, but only when she gets there does she realize that she's dead.

You can track the transitions from the black-guttered past to the white-guttered present on pages like p. 66 (in her dead-present she's in her school uniform with no socks) and page 74.

I say the sequences are "clear," but there's actually a clever use of contrasts between gutters and panel interiors, of bleed panels, and of panels with no gutters so that the time-shift signals can seem ambiguous and not very schematic at first.

And I don't think Hiro has forgotten Chiharu at all--every time Chiharu gets to the ocean and cries, her tears turn to rain; every time it rains, Hiro flashes back to a vision of her dead friend and cries. Hiro's tears then become the drop that awakens Chiharu in the bathtub again.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 1:08AM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Incredibly well written! This is just great disregardless of genre.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The sequences to the story are actually pretty clear: pages and partial pages with a white background to the gutters are the "present," where Chiharu is dead (and stuck in a memory/experience loop) and Hiro is continuing her work as a model. Pages with a black background to the gutters are flashbacks to Chiharu's lived past, including the dream she had the night after she saw Hiro and Mao.

When she woke up from that dream and started getting ready for what she believed to be a date with Hiro, and no doubt addled by the sleeping pills and her disrupted sleep patterns, she lost consciousness and drowned in the bathtub. She keeps trying to fulfill that date with Hiro by the ocean, but only when she gets there does she realize that she's dead.

You can track the transitions from the black-guttered past to the white-guttered present on pages like p. 66 (in her dead-present she's in her school uniform with no socks) and page 74.

I say the sequences are "clear," but there's actually a clever use of contrasts between gutters and panel interiors, of bleed panels, and of panels with no gutters so that the time-shift signals can seem ambiguous and not very schematic at first.

And I don't think Hiro has forgotten Chiharu at all--every time Chiharu gets to the ocean and cries, her tears turn to rain; every time it rains, Hiro flashes back to a vision of her dead friend and cries. Hiro's tears then become the drop that awakens Chiharu in the bathtub again.

Exactly.

I saw a lot of people having trouble interpreting one or more elements of this story and was about to make a post summarizing the story to help clear things up, but you beat me to the punch and have done so in a much more succinct manner than I likely would have.

joined Oct 26, 2018

Ok, someone please explain to me what happened? Cause I'm really confused without knowing hirochan side of the story some butch of theories I can bang with my head
A.
After hirochan became a model she had a less time to spend with her gf pretty much drifted apart and forgot that she was in a relationship, after visiting she didn't feel anything anymore so she didn't reveal to her comodel that they were in a relationship this made chiharu feel conflicted and disordered her memmory with hiro making a promise for her to make her feel a little happier in her life she then died in her bathroom because she took too much meds and was still insomniac later when it was announced hirochan felt guilty since it was her who push her to commiting suicide
*also the possibility of her not knowing she died after leaving town and chiharu unknowingly hunting her
(but if hiro chan didn't feel anything back then why not just break up rather than cruelly continuing their pointless relationship)
B. (most Not likely)
Hirochan wanted to be the best there is in the world so she chooses to work hard and still strive for the best she didn't feel like revealing their relationship with only that much achievement she later was later inform what chiharu's condition, she came back making a promise that wasn't fullfill making both side suffer for emotional attachment.
C. (first impression )
Hiro chan wasn't really in love with chiharu but rather with her self she likes it when she was praise for her good looks so after finally getting in the spotlight she leaves her hanging for a while not letting go (breaking up) nor holding close Chiharu at some point realizes this but force herself to convince that her gf is busy it finally hit her when they meet again and was introduced as her "junior " rather than her "gf" so after she got home she took a couple of meds but still wakes up so she psychologicaly made herself believe that they made a promise to convince herself that getting to the bathroom was simply taking a bath and not suicid hiro chan being a jerk but still human felt guilty after chiharu's death
*the key to ne thinking that the promise wasnt real is when chiharu realizes that she's dead and lsaid that the final time she sees hiro chan is in town not her room
Either way chiharu is eternally suffering because she died with regrets. And hiro chan was the cause..

Sorry for the bad grammar or wrong spelling not use to speaking English

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

this needs a tragedy tag

also thats a fucking shit existence, to relive your shitty times like that forever. like dam that would suck.

To reply you must either login or sign up.