Forum › Lily Marble discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm usually not into slice of life stories, but this chapter was funny and we got to see everyone teaching in their own expertise. Didn't know Risa is a zumba instructor.
We can't have romantic situations in all of the chapters. I mean, that would get boring after a while too.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is so nice
Shame I'm too awful to even try doing exercises.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I think this is a nice chapter after a hiatus. It re-introduces the characters in a fun way.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Woah Aya finally said yes to a relationship to Risa and now they got "married" :O
The chapter is so cute but it still remainds us that people cannot always marry the one they love...

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Woah Aya finally said yes to a relationship to Risa and now they got "married" :O
The chapter is so cute but it still remainds us that people cannot always marry the one they love...

Nah, this chapter was a flashback from before they broke up. Note Aya has short hair and they're still in college.

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 7:02AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

They had sex, but Risa is still in her undies. WTF?

Also, Top right panel: for some reasons, I find her expression creepy.

joined Apr 6, 2013

I had a minor panic attack, since Aya suddenly had short hair, I thought Risa was two timing.

Nah, this chapter was a flashback from before they broke up. Note Aya has short hair and they're still in college.

AHHHHH, that explains it

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 7:50AM

Cmdhakiusaeyptl
joined Jul 15, 2016

WTF happened!? They were so happy together!!

joined Jul 26, 2016

WTF happened!? They were so happy together!!

Life, one imagines.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Always lovely to see more of Aya x Risa.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I love this manga so much...Aya and Risa are my favorite. I've read the raws from author's twitter, but it's way better when you know what they say. I wanna see more of their past.
Also I wonder if Aya is gay or bi. I'd say gay cause she has to try and be with a guy, but not sure. We need to know her story with her ex husband too and how she broke up with Risa.

They had sex, but Risa is still in her undies. WTF?

Seems like she mostly tops with Aya. In all of their scenes, she's the one who does the deed. Also the author has said that they want to draw an ero scene with them, but is unsure whether it fits for their audience. So I guess they keep it safe with the clothes too.

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 9:14AM

joined Aug 1, 2019

That was a really short chapter.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Hard to say what Aya really is unless she comes out and admits her sexuality like Risa, but I doubt she's as straightforward as her. But yes, it would be nice to have more flashbacks of their past.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Such a sweet chapter!

joined Dec 9, 2014

Just noticed, in a panel Risa said her parents have disowned her for being gay.
These two seem to have a lot of room for back story and development. Wonder if the author will dive into this issue, or how deep it will go if that happens, since this story is not about angst even when discussing serious issues.

joined Apr 6, 2019

So lemme see... Risa & Aya met in college, Aya had a bad first impression of Risa but Risa seduced her, then they started dating and even made those half-joke marriage vows. Then they broke up and Aya married a guy... right? Then she divorced for some reason (do we know the details? I can't recall) and after that they met again at the club. Aya was very mean and distant to Risa, but Risa seduced her again. Then... they are together now? But we dunno how serious it is this time?

Is it like that, or am I getting things mixed up?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol if I didn't read this, that chapter woulda flown right over my head. I thought Aya got a haircut and that they were actually in college all along. I was so confused HAH.

I think it was the transition from black bars (childhood flashback) to no black bars (which usually indicate present day) that did me in lol

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 11:14AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Lol if I didn't read this, that chapter woulda flown right over my head. I thought Aya got a haircut and that they were actually in college all along. I was so confused HAH.

I think it was the transition from black bars (childhood flashback) to no black bars (which usually indicate present day) that did me in lol

Yes that was confusing af. I wasn't sure at first what was flashback and what wasn't.

joined Dec 9, 2014

So lemme see... Risa & Aya met in college, Aya had a bad first impression of Risa but Risa seduced her, then they started dating and even made those half-joke marriage vows. Then they broke up and Aya married a guy... right? Then she divorced for some reason (do we know the details? I can't recall) and after that they met again at the club. Aya was very mean and distant to Risa, but Risa seduced her again. Then... they are together now? But we dunno how serious it is this time?

Is it like that, or am I getting things mixed up?

Correct, expect the part of them being together now. They are not official because of the situation with Aya's family. Also we don't know the details of what happened with her marriage, but it is very likely her dad's situation and him wanting grandkids played a part.

My guess is, while they were still together her dad got sick (and is also possible that he is dying) so she broke up with Risa to get married and make him happy.

We don't know if they met again in the gym after breaking up, or if they were dating while working at the gym, then broke up. I think it must be the latter, because in chapter one there were already rumors of them dating (Moe and Hikari talking about it). So they must have been together at the gym too.

joined Jul 26, 2016

We don't know if they met again in the gym after breaking up, or if they were dating while working at the gym, then broke up. I think it must be the latter, because in chapter one there were already rumors of them dating (Moe and Hikari talking about it). So they must have been together at the gym too.

...or the rest of the staff just aren't utterly oblivious to the continued... particular tension of their interactions. :v

Risa being gay isn't much of a secret to the others either after all.

joined Dec 9, 2014

...or the rest of the staff just aren't utterly oblivious to the continued... particular tension of their interactions. :v

Yeah but Moe was talking about dating specifically. Even if they had noticed the tension between them, they probably wouldn't be talking about dating. Moe would say something like "hey, you think Risa fancies Aya" or something. Just like right before that, Moe said that about Miyu liking the kick boxing instructor "this way".
But I mean, this is what makes the most sense imo. They could still be over right after college, then Risa and Aya being just fwb during gym, then Aya getting married etc.

Also an interesting aspect of Aya and Risa's dynamic is that, considering Aya's personality, I think she wouldn't date a woman on her own initiate. She seems pretty traditional nonetheless her preference, and into the typical marriage stuff.
We could see that she was still torn about dating Risa or not recently. Risa being persistent with her is the key of why they might end up together. If Risa wasn't like that with her, I think Aya would eventually find a husband and probably be unhappy.

joined Dec 18, 2018

This chapter is strange in being bittersweet knowing they will break up, but also gives hope for their future knowing how happy they were once.

joined Feb 23, 2016

This was beautiful~~

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Also I wonder if Aya is gay or bi. I'd say gay cause she has to try and be with a guy, but not sure. We need to know her story with her ex husband too and how she broke up with Risa.

I'm not sure but I think it was mentioned in an earlier chapter that she's bi?

To reply you must either login or sign up.