joined Jul 15, 2016

The manager is the only one in the story who got her she together lmao

true that sis

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

nozomi continuedly best girl

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

The new manager and her wife are so cool.

Indeed they are. Mature yuri, yay!

PurpleForests
Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

The manager is here to improve this gym, and that includes making it a yuri haven.

Siren2
joined Jan 15, 2014

don't usually comment.
just wanted to put out there that new manager is one of, if not the most, evil character encountered on dynasty.
just saying. re: paid counselling+genetic tests related to obesity

joined Jul 26, 2016

don't usually comment.
just wanted to put out there that new manager is one of, if not the most, evil character encountered on dynasty.

joined Mar 18, 2013

don't usually comment.

Geneticist here. That's how science is used to make money, sadly.

A good deal of people won't get the science beyond what they were taught in grade school, and by the look of anti-vaxxers, they don't care too. So there are always fools for anyone who knows enough, depending on how morally bankrupted they are.

Just to say, the manager is pretty good at her job, assuming she hasn't broken any law. It isn't her fault that people believe in the test (well, the author does, because the nutritionist in this story believes it too). It's the evil, unethical scientists selling that obesity test (you can ask to run whichever genes you like but it likely won't be clinically approved) and whoever lawmaker letting them do this counseling without a qualified counselor.

The meme above this post says best. Sorry for derailing the topic.

last edited at Mar 9, 2019 11:37AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

On top of that, what makes this scary is that they can sell the genetic data to third parties. It's probably illegal to do that without anonymizing the data and not getting the client's consent, but the law isn't as good at protecting our rights as we would like to think.

Depends on whose law ofc - though given Japan's long and sordid history with "crony capitalism" I wouldn't count too much on it in this case...

But hey, he ain't dumb who asks but he who pays. People plaster hair-raising amounts of private details all over social media too without anyone particularly asking them to.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nozomi comes off in this chapter as totally clueless about yuri, doesn't she?
It's kinda odd...
I mean, even Moe and Hikari understand the notion of a girl/girl affair. In chapter 1, they discussed lengthily whether Asama was a lesbian and whether Risa and Aya were dating. And yet Nozomi here in the final panel looks like her brain has crashed because she cannot process what she saw: "Two girls were dating. Does not compute. Cancel/abort/restart?"

Was Nozomi always supposed to be so utterly oblivious about homosexuality?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Always had the impression her baseline character setting was "Clueless About ALL The Things"... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Nozomi comes off in this chapter as totally clueless about yuri, doesn't she?
It's kinda odd...
I mean, even Moe and Hikari understand the notion of a girl/girl affair. In chapter 1, they discussed lengthily whether Asama was a lesbian and whether Risa and Aya were dating. And yet Nozomi here in the final panel looks like her brain has crashed because she cannot process what she saw: "Two girls were dating. Does not compute. Cancel/abort/restart?"

I wonder if it's more of a reaction to seeing it in person. It's one thing to see some woman on TV, another to see someone you know. This is one of the benefits of being out, is that it makes it normal and so people who are on the fence (both bi and gay) start seeing it as a legitimate option. Hard on the first people who have to tank society's bullshit, though.

Think about how it's viewed today in Japan, even now a lot of people think of high school same sex dating as a game that ends with graduation. That's among the people who don't just think all gay people are deviants... I don't think she's ignorant but it didn't have reality until she saw it in person, with someone she knows on a certain level.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

That first page was kinda creepy

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Always had the impression her baseline character setting was "Clueless About ALL The Things"... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol, I bet that, next chapter, she's going to ask Asama about this.

"Hey, hey, Asama-san, guess what? Manager is dating another woman!
It's true, I swear! I saw them kiss and stuff!
And they're serious about it! Manager says they're already living together!
I was so surprised! I didn't know two girls could fall in love like that!
I mean, no girl has ever felt attracted to me, haha!
What about you, Asama-san? Did you know about this amazing stuff?
Have you ever felt attracted to another woman?
Ohmygosh, listen to me, haha, what am I saying? Of course you've never felt anything like that, right, Asama-san?"

Then Asama will finally lose her legendary cool and jump Nozomi's bones in a fit of frenzy.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)~☆

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ohmygosh, listen to me, haha, what am I saying? Of course you've never felt anything like that, right, Asama-san?"

Then Asama will finally lose her legendary cool and jump Nozomi's bones in a fit of frenzy.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)~☆

This is a doujin that needs to happen.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)~☆

This is a doujin that needs to happen.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Y E S

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

All I want in life is to be dommed by this power couple, thank you.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

don't usually comment.

A good deal of people won't get the science beyond what they were taught in grade school, and by the look of anti-vaxxers, they don't care too. So there are always fools for anyone who knows enough, depending on how morally bankrupted they are.

Just to say, the manager is pretty good at her job, assuming she hasn't broken any law. It isn't her fault that people believe in the test (well, the author does, because the nutritionist in this story believes it too). It's the evil, unethical scientists selling that obesity test (you can ask to run whichever genes you like but it likely won't be clinically approved) and whoever lawmaker letting them do this counseling without a qualified counselor.

Biologist here... I'm not sure so I am asking... Are you implying she is swindeling with the test?

But there IS a connection between genetic predisposition and obesity (don't know how good the specific test is though, that might be the problem?)
Personally I think doing genetic tests for obesity is fine. It's people's own choice if they want to know. Genetic tests are also done with cancer or other illnesses. There are actually a great deal of genes that have an effect and if you know that you have a certain predisposition you can take measures and try to reduce the risk of actually getting sick. The expression of your genes is also influenced by the way you live. So there is something that you can actually gain from this knowledge.

I get that a lot of people are scared by genetics. And there are risks, as it is always the case with science and new technology. That someone might get their data is definitely a danger. But there are not only downsides to this technology.

But I agree at the screw capitalism part. Sadly scientists need to earn money too. And most of the time the money givers are people with their own interests. That's our beloved capitalism.

Sorry for the ramble. And science stuff, too. I am ashamed. But only a bit.

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 9:00AM

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

don't usually comment.

Biologist here... I'm not sure so I am asking... Are you implying she is swindeling with the test?

But there IS a connection between genetic predisposition and obesity (don't know how good the specific test is though, that might be the problem?)
Personally I think doing genetic tests for obesity is fine. It's people's own choice if they want to know. Genetic tests are also done with cancer or other illnesses. There are actually a great deal of genes that have an effect and if you know that you have a certain predisposition you can take measures and try to reduce the risk of actually getting sick. The expression of your genes is also influenced by the way you live. So there is something that you can actually gain from this knowledge.

I get that a lot of people are scared by genetics. And there are risks, as it is always the case with science and new technology. That someone might get their data is definitely a danger. But there are not only downsides to this technology.

But I agree at the screw capitalism part. Sadly scientists need to earn money too. And most of the time the money givers are people with their own interests. That's our beloved capitalism.

Sorry for the ramble. And science stuff, too. I am ashamed. But only a bit.

Programer here.... I just wanted to be here aswell :[.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

being nozomi is panicing

joined May 20, 2013

Chapter 22, page 8: "But I've never know anyone like that before," ("known")

joined Jul 31, 2013

Girl, you'll be a lesbian ... Soon

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

That left handed analogy was so perfect, if only everyone could see sexuality as something as natural as that, ahhhh how nice

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

It's almost like everybody who works at this gym is gay or something!

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

This chapter was incredible cute :')

To reply you must either login or sign up.