Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Nanoha finally learned the bitter truth. Growing up sucks.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This might my inner asian speaking but I wouldn't mind a bittersweet ending with them breaking up in favour of their education.
As long as there's no time skip where one of them is marrying a dude...

Not to be culturally insensitive or anything, but fuck no.

Get their education, sure, but I’ll settle for nothing less than science babies.

That's a bold demand lmao

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Ah, bittersweetness. You were by my side all along.

I have a feeling Nanoha is going to choose a school in Tokyo anyways though, the agonizing over the choices in the meantime is going to be deliciously bittersweet.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This might my inner asian speaking but I wouldn't mind a bittersweet ending with them breaking up in favour of their education.
As long as there's no time skip where one of them is marrying a dude...

Not to be culturally insensitive or anything, but fuck no.

Get their education, sure, but I’ll settle for nothing less than science babies.

That's a bold demand lmao

It’s not just me—Nanoha is the one who brought it up:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_ni_arashi_ch99#2

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I am become anxiety. Destroyer of worlds.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"My romantic partner isn't a good reason to choose a school so I'll go to school somewhere else if it's a better school"

Unless every confectionary school in Tokyo is hot garbage, choosing a slightly better school elsewhere just because it's slightly better when you have a REALLY good reason to want to study in Tokyo would be nothing short of moronic.

It's not like you're trying to get on Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey, any decent confectionary school is totally fine and throwing your relationship away just for a slightly better school that won't really make any meaningful difference in the end would be PEAK useless lesbian, fookin' hell. I would actually quit this story if it goes in that direction, because that's exactly the cheap forced-in drama I hate in storytelling.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, consider this practice for when you have to be even farther apart after graduation. And don't worry too much, you'll still have your time together in club.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I kind of have to agree that because Nanoha's career isn't exactly super-specialized, there doesn't seem to be any reason to not just try to stay close to Chidori, if she's actually serious about her. It's not like she wants to be a marine biologist and has only one school in entire country that makes any sense.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I was starting to get worried that I was the one with the weird mindset when I thought to myself "But isn't your relationship part of your future too". I'm also not so sure if this is a proper way to talk things out. I mean it all boiled down to "yolo this is an issue for us in the future".

Tbh I'm not sure what to think. This manga was always about those two having issues to "find a moment" for themselves. So it wouldn't be that odd if they ended up separated again. Which they did class-wise already. The same goes for a distant relationship or even a breakup, I don't think this is the kind of manga that would do that. Mostly because I uh... I don't really think the side characters are THAT interesting. I don't mind them, but uh... Yeah.

With all that in mind, I just gotta assume this is a bait moment, especially with the different classes they got. I mean, I don't wanna throw in the "maybe it's a cultural thing" but that "school picking" thing is also pretty unreasonable. I dunno, all this is just head scratching.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Talking by experience, living in the same city as your significant other doesn't necessarily mean being close to them. Unless you decide to live together, we always have to consider things like living expenses, possible tuitions, etc. So, let's say, even if your significant other has the means to provide for you all, (part-time) jobs will be a reality, and it's not all sunshine and rainbows as media try to depict.

Depending on the path you're pursuing for your life, even living together may become a long-distance relationship. Sorry to break the bad news, but life itself is bittersweet, and I daresay more bitter than sweet.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Talking by experience, living in the same city as your significant other doesn't necessarily mean being close to them. Unless you decide to live together, we always have to consider things like living expenses, possible tuitions, etc. So, let's say, even if your significant other has the means to provide for you all, (part-time) jobs will be a reality, and it's not all sunshine and rainbows as media try to depict.

Depending on the path you're pursuing for your life, even living together may become a long-distance relationship. Sorry to break the bad news, but life itself is bittersweet, and I daresay more bitter than sweet.

This is all arguably true of real life, but kind of irrelevant to anticipating the plot of this particular manga series.

Looking at the narrative patterns of conflict and resolution that have been established over more than 100 chapters, it’s beyond unlikely that this story will end up with Nanoha and Chidori’s relationship crashing and burning or with the two them living physically in the same apartment but only barely truly existing within an emotional void, a harsh psychic desert laid waste by onerous jobs and grinding responsibilities.

I still predict a happy home with aprons and science babies.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Chidori comes home in a suit, finds Nanoha in a naked apron, both melt into gay puddles. The End.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I do expect them to end up both in Tokyo similarly to Kase-san, even if only because it makes it easier to write. Personally I wouldn't mind at all the next storm our flowers need to weather to be going to school in different cities, and them coming out of this with an even stronger relationship.

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

That was surprisingly mature.

While I love this couple of airheads, I think it would be an interesting twist if they were to break up during Univ.
If anything, for a change.

That manage to get back together, would be fun.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Chidori comes home in a suit, finds Nanoha in a naked apron, both melt into gay puddles. The End.

It's not that far from Nanoha's dream future that we saw a few chapters back ;) Add in a few science babies and you're there.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"My romantic partner isn't a good reason to choose a school so I'll go to school somewhere else if it's a better school"

Unless every confectionary school in Tokyo is hot garbage, choosing a slightly better school elsewhere just because it's slightly better when you have a REALLY good reason to want to study in Tokyo would be nothing short of moronic.

It's not like you're trying to get on Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey, any decent confectionary school is totally fine and throwing your relationship away just for a slightly better school that won't really make any meaningful difference in the end would be PEAK useless lesbian, fookin' hell. I would actually quit this story if it goes in that direction, because that's exactly the cheap forced-in drama I hate in storytelling.

I stayed at my college to remain close to somebody I was in a relationship, and we broke up two years in, and my school wasn't BAD and my education wasn't terrible, but I settled, and now I get to regret that forever. So sorry, but you're completely wrong.

You should go where you want to go, not wrap your life around being geographically close to a romantic partner. If you're a seriously good fit, you'll make long distance work.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I stayed at my college to remain close to somebody I was in a relationship, and we broke up two years in, and my school wasn't BAD and my education wasn't terrible, but I settled, and now I get to regret that forever. So sorry, but you're completely wrong.

You should go where you want to go, not wrap your life around being geographically close to a romantic partner. If you're a seriously good fit, you'll make long distance work.

Well, yes. Most youthful romances don’t last whatever the circumstances. I wouldn’t expect this series to track with real-life experience, though—most romance manga don’t.

Specifically, the “where to go after graduation” issue is a stock trope of high school romances, yuri or otherwise. Off the top of my head, I can recall ones where the MCs move together and all is well. Others where they go their separate ways, then time skip, then all is well. In some long-runners, they may move together and then, “things get complicated,” and maybe they don’t end up together.

In the latter case, though, my impression is that only happens in series with big casts and well-established potential love triangles prior to the graduation. What even would be the point of a fluffy, mostly SOL series crashing head-on into a wall of verisimilitude?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The heart wants what the heart wants, but never live your life for someone else. Youthful relationships will be a distant memory, and of zero import, thirty years from now when you measure the balance of your days.

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 2:57PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Sometimes. Some people really do marry their high school sweethearts.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Your just projecting your own situation onto a fictional situation that's similar to yours but different.

Nanoha wants to study in Tokyo and potentially cohabit with Chidori.
There's no way there aren't any school available in Tokyo for her to apply to.
There's no way there aren't any schools that are good enough to study at in Tokyo for her to apply to.

She has the will to study in Tokyo, the means to study in Tokyo and schools are definitely available in Tokyo.

This is a no-brainer non-issue, there are no obstacles to them cohabiting while studying in Tokyo what so ever besides sheer stupidity or hubris. Every "reason" introduced for her to study elsewhere is nonsensical and therefor, forced, cheap drama.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

This is all arguably true of real life, but kind of irrelevant to anticipating the plot of this particular manga series.

Looking at the narrative patterns of conflict and resolution that have been established over more than 100 chapters, it’s beyond unlikely that this story will end up with Nanoha and Chidori’s relationship crashing and burning or with the two them living physically in the same apartment but only barely truly existing within an emotional void, a harsh psychic desert laid waste by onerous jobs and grinding responsibilities.

Don't get me wrong, series like this brighten my day. I just made a comment on something I've seen in other mangas, like Can't Defy the Lonely Girl for example, books, and movies. I'm more into drama myself, though, so I'm not denying I'd like to see Nanoha and Chidori facing more "what about our future together?" kind of conflict.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don't get me wrong, series like this brighten my day. I just made a comment on something I've seen in other mangas, like Can't Defy the Lonely Girl for example, books, and movies. I'm more into drama myself, though, so I'm not denying I'd like to see Nanoha and Chidori facing more "what about our future together?" kind of conflict.

I get it. Sometimes I like drama, sometimes I like bad behavior, sometimes I like fluff, etc

But I tend to appreciate unity of affect, so I’m not, say, looking for more action scenes in Miss Sunflower.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Your just projecting your own situation onto a fictional situation that's similar to yours but different.

Nanoha wants to study in Tokyo and potentially cohabit with Chidori.
There's no way there aren't any school available in Tokyo for her to apply to.
There's no way there aren't any schools that are good enough to study at in Tokyo for her to apply to.

She has the will to study in Tokyo, the means to study in Tokyo and schools are definitely available in Tokyo.

This is a no-brainer non-issue, there are no obstacles to them cohabiting while studying in Tokyo what so ever besides sheer stupidity or hubris. Every "reason" introduced for her to study elsewhere is nonsensical and therefor, forced, cheap drama.

I sort of agree with you, but I also remember being 18 and worrying so much about university applications and then picking a school. In retrospect all those concerns seem irrelevant and I'm sure I'd have been better off choosing a school based on wherever my friends went or whatever was closest instead of going to the "best" one I could. Still, at the time, it seemed like a momentous decision. To me, Nanoha's behavior reads as a very realistic portrayal of that time in a young person's life.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I wouldn't put it past this series to go the "They go to different places after high school, maintain a LDR and come out with a strengthened relationship for it" route, as long as it doesn't end with graduation and does the usual "separation-timeskip-reunion" shtick.

Do hope the series will keep going and actually show their college time if this is the way it decides to go.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I wouldn't put it past this series to go the "They go to different places after high school, maintain a LDR and come out with a strengthened relationship for it" route, as long as it doesn't end with graduation and does the usual "separation-timeskip-reunion" shtick.

Do hope the series will keep going and actually show their college time if this is the way it decides to go.

I can't possibly see it skip this kind of troublesome times, considering the title.

And I certainly wouldn't mind seeing this carry on even into their working lives similarly to A Room For Two.

Although it might be time for the relationship to stop being a secret once they move together.

last edited at Jul 6, 2022 5:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.