Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Can we finally get some action from Konatsu?? These chapters are sweet and all but the non-progressing nature of their relationship is starting to get on my nerves

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This entire volume seems to have been centered around Koyuki's (and eventually Kaede's) side of things and her inability to tell Konatsu what she wants, so hopefully the next one shifts back to her perspective.

joined Apr 16, 2014

Kaede being a chapter title... and that last page. Hmmmm.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I can't wait for the platonic jealousy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ordinarily I’d tend to find a protagonist as dense and inarticulate as Koyuki to be annoying, but for some reason I just sympathize with her.

Maybe it’s because her development highlights how, unlike with a lot of manga stories, in real life confronting your true feelings and growing as a person doesn’t automatically allow you to solve all your problems, or even necessarily make you feel all that much better—sometimes it just makes you aware of a new set of things to worry about.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

OOOOH she got caught seeing another girl behind her back!

joined Apr 18, 2018

People complaining earlier as if Konatsu was completely put into a sideway and there were too much angst and drama, when none of that really happens. Kaede was important too obviously, and she's being developed right now, while what's happening so far regarding Koyuki is perfectly realistic and very down to earth. It's not like she's going around screaming at everybody for absolutely no reason or crying her tear duct off. Or she grabbed a knife and goes full Jason. The previous complaints seems like it was done by people that never read or watch an actual drama before, or just sets up certain expectation for a work that they didn't produced themselves.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The author might not want to give labels to this relationship but if Konatsu were the one "joking" about falling in love we would've had a very different reaction and that's enough for me.

Next chapter in 2 months? Please tell me I'm wrong!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's hard not to miss Konatsu, because the scenes with Koyuki and Konatsu together really crackle--it's not just a "progress" thing, with me, anyway.

But the Kaede arc has been another one of those low-key subversions of expectations that I've come to value in this series. Usually a character like her is used mechanically at this point--i.e., she would just be a way to move the plot along by intervening in the relationship between the main characters (like Koyuki is asking her to do). Kaede finds that she can't bring herself to do it, though, for perfectly understandable reasons.

BUT, the whole thing makes her reflect on her own situation--what it means to be moving up while the senpai move on, what her sisters leaving has meant to her, etc. So we get some real character development that echoes that of the main characters without distracting from it.

I don't expect any real drama with her, even if the end of this chapter hints at it--as I keep pointing out, she's already in a committed friendship with Yamagishi.

joined Apr 6, 2013

NTR
CuCKed
BABYMAMADRAMA

This could be fun

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Oh, feelings.... Feelings... growing..........MOOOOORE FEELINGS!!!
Ahhhh I do enjoy the pace of progression in this manga

I have to said this again.
Kaede is BEST GIRL

I'm with you 100% on that.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Next chapter in 2 months? Please tell me I'm wrong!

Yeah, next chapter is at the end of June unfortunately.

last edited at May 1, 2019 12:51PM

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Brace yourself! The FRIENDSHIP affair is cumming!

last edited at May 1, 2019 1:10PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

some lovely p r o g r e s s i o n

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

can't wait for the next chapter, somehow this reminds me to Bloom into you a bit haha

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Translation of Makoto Hagino's tweets (linked above) for the people who don't trust machine translation~~

"I have a certain way of how I want to tell my story, but that doesn't apply to the reader. People should have freedom of expression which applies to both the creator and consumer. I don't intend to define my work as yuri, but the reader is free to approach the work how they want. Rather than denying the reader's interpretation, I want to keep drawing what I want to draw, believing someday my opinions/ideas and worldview will be accepted".

https://mobile.twitter.com/93choco

This doesn't seem like a denial of romance, to me. "I don't intend to define my work as yuri" is quite different from "these girls ain't in love with each other what's the matter with you idiots lol". "I don't intend to define my work as yuri" sounds to me like she means this isn't a story explicitly about two girls falling in love and focusing on all the tropes of yuri genre works. This is a story about these girls, and their lives, and their school times, and their friends, and their clubs, and their families, and how they relate to each other and the people around them and how they grow as a result, and maybe about how they fall in love with each other. Yuri isn't the sole focus of the series, but that doesn't mean there may not be some.

In other news, I do miss Konatsu lately. I'd like to see her and Koyuki spending time together and expressing their feelings properly.

last edited at May 1, 2019 4:37PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I have to said this again.
Kaede is BEST GIRL

I'm with you 100% on that.

I’m with both of you on that.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I love getting more of Kaede, but I really miss Konatsu, and now we gotta wait two months to see her side of the story (hopefully).
Sneaky, sneaky Fuyuki snapping a pic of the photo with his phone!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm actually starting to hate the person who asked that on twitter, is there a way to respond that without spoiling the ending? No, you say Yuri then they end up as a couple, you say friendship then is just a good bye ... I mean come on, whoever asked that is like those people here who complain about the Yuri tag because the don't kiss in the first chapter.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I sense some cuckening

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

OMG THE CYCLE HAS BEEN BROKEN?
Before this chapter every prior was named either Konatsu or Koyuki, but things took a different turn here with Kaede-sama getting her own chapter, this will definitely lead into a 3-way- friendship, there's no escaping now folks!!

joined Mar 29, 2019

This doesn't seem like a denial of romance, to me. "I don't intend to define my work as yuri" is quite different from "these girls ain't in love with each other what's the matter with you idiots lol". "I don't intend to define my work as yuri" sounds to me like she means this isn't a story explicitly about two girls falling in love and focusing on all the tropes of yuri genre works. This is a story about these girls, and their lives, and their school times, and their friends, and their clubs, and their families, and how they relate to each other and the people around them and how they grow as a result, and maybe about how they fall in love with each other. Yuri isn't the sole focus of the series, but that doesn't mean there may not be some.

In other news, I do miss Konatsu lately. I'd like to see her and Koyuki spending time together and expressing their feelings properly.

girls+friendship=girls ship
"friendship"

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Someone's going to catch de jellies.

Seems to be.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

OOOOH she got caught seeing another girl behind her back!

I could hear Shaggy's It Wasn't Me in this one lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.