Forum › Shouraiteki ni Shindekure discussion

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I like this series a lot, the art is nice and the comedic timing of the panels/dialog is great.
I just really wish they'd get together

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I hope this keeps getting translated.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Y'all are too much. Crying and whining over this. Boi. And Komaki is interested, just that she would rather have Hishikawa come at her softly and less pervy. Now calm your asses.

To be honest, I think Komaki is a dominant sadist. She secretly enjoy Hishikawa desperately chasing after her trying to court for her attention.

Hence why she was so angry when Hishikawa pretended to ignore her.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Y'all are too much. Crying and whining over this. Boi. And Komaki is interested, just that she would rather have Hishikawa come at her softly and less pervy. Now calm your asses.

Really? Because if you are interested in someone and want them to act in a certain softer manner, wouldn't you just normally hint / suggest something at them (have a serious, heart-felt conversation I don't know)? Here, I see no hint, and no reaction, just total "I have given up on this b*tch and I shall only react when she is done with her nonsense" face. It is a miracle they are still (somehow) friends after everything the MC pulled. That or the powerful thing called "plot armor" where MC can act however she wants, even perverted and obnoxious and they will still be friends 'til the end of Earth xD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

None of this is normal.

The reason I keep seeing this series in terms of gag manga rather than narrative per se is that, while Hishikawa’s attempts at seduction are obviously completely over the top, Komaki is just as absurdly abnormally “normal” in her responses.

As a result, this plays out as a comedy-routine parody of schoolgirl yuri, the tropes and conventions of which Hishikawa is hyper-aware and Komaki is correspondingly hyper-oblivious. For instance, a truly normal person, aware of Hishikawa’s obsession with herself, would know that sharing a drink would inevitably be perceived as an indirect kiss.

The broadness of the comedy doesn’t rule out a developing relationship or an eventual turn towards more recognizable human behavior, of course, but some of the complaints about this series sound like people asking, “Why does that tsukkomi even hang around with that boke if he’s so annoying?” or “Why does that boke let the tsukkomi hit him all the time—that’s abusive.”

!vanitas-emote-05
joined Jul 19, 2014

I actually really like this series, not sure why everyone else seems to hate it so much haha.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Tekkit12 posted:

I actually really like this series, not sure why everyone else seems to hate it so much haha.

Because it feels like a one side crush too hard

joined Jun 6, 2018

Really? Because if you are interested in someone and want them to act in a certain softer manner, wouldn't you just normally hint / suggest something at them (have a serious, heart-felt conversation I don't know)? Here, I see no hint, and no reaction, just total "I have given up on this b*tch and I shall only react when she is done with her nonsense" face. It is a miracle they are still (somehow) friends after everything the MC pulled. That or the powerful thing called "plot armor" where MC can act however she wants, even perverted and obnoxious and they will still be friends 'til the end of Earth xD

Read the previous chapters again. Komaki basically said what I mentioned. I don't remember in which chapter, nor do I care enough to search.

last edited at Jul 11, 2018 1:31PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I did just re-read the whole thing to calibrate my take on the series. I don’t think it’s so much that Komaki is literally interested in Hishikawa in a romantic sense as much as she finds her so bizarre as to be somewhat interesting, as well as someone whose buttons she can occasionally push. (I mean, she could push them anytime she wanted to, and sometimes she does.)

She doesn’t seem to have totally ruled out some kind of future more-than-friends relationship, though, and sometimes she plays along with Hishikawa considerably as long as Hishikawa doesn’t get too excessively lewd about it. There also is a touch of a dom edge to her, as when Hishikawa tried playing hard to get (for about 30 seconds).

Overall, Komaki seems to have a bit of a mostly passive (or maybe reactive) project to socialize Hishikawa, and might even be keeping her options open should it happen to work.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is great. XD

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Tekkit12 posted:

Because it feels like a one side crush too hard

Doesn't seem like this would be the type of manga that would turn into angst though

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nah I don't think it would turn into angst, is just that I didn't like their interactions in the latest chapters at all.
Thanks to the spanish fansub I was able to read 3 chapters ahead, I won't give much detail but this is still spoilers, Alright, like I said 2 comments ago, the chapter 13 would tell me if I could stand this manga or not and I'm glad that things went well after all, Hishikawa is still coming too strong but at least she isn't punished for it and then chapter 14 introduces a new character and I thought that was really necessary at this point to make fresh turns... ANYWAY it gets better, at least to that point so yaaaayyyyy
Thanks for the translation work!

last edited at Jul 14, 2018 2:39PM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Seen a lot of negativity toward this series. Don't really get it. It's simple, dumb, fun, and it seems to regularly be criticized for doing exactly as advertised.

joined May 24, 2014

Seen a lot of negativity toward this series. Don't really get it. It's simple, dumb, fun, and it seems to regularly be criticized for doing exactly as advertised.

Everyone here is SOOOOO uptight, so get used to it.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

For some reason it seems like the pants have gotten tighter lately

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Hah, you guys are talking as if you have never been triggered your entire life. It's no one's fault that we hold different expectations for the manga (also, an eternal one-sided crush is just TOO relatable and haunting to watch). But anyway, I am glad I read Serenata's comment. Maybe I will stick around to see if this newcomer can save the day xD

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It's sweet that she became good friends with Komaki's little brother. It helps the story to have other relationship dynamics besides the absurd Komaki-Hishikawa one.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Great chapter as always. XD
Their relationship really seems to be progressing.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Awhhh yiiis I love this manga. I love the jokes she has with the brother, and now this phone call eeeeee, can't wait to see what they'll be doing tomorrow. Most likely going to the library to pick up a book for studying considering Komaki

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

The brother is soooo cute (best wingman ever). Woah, this must be the sweetest chapter so far, no kinkshaming, no harsh words, no pushing for the s word, nothing, just a typical "talking with crush over the phone for the first time in 10 days". Gah, this is just great, finally some hope!!
P/s: I can't help but smile at Hishikawa's expression here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shouraiteki_ni_shindekure_ch12#22. She is really cute >.<

last edited at Jul 22, 2018 3:31AM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

stop misleading the poor girl D:

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Komaki lil bro is such a bro, I really like him

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Where does Komaki (who rarely leaves the house) want to go tomorrow?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think she'll not like where they are going.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

It's true, I feel like people can't just enjoy dumb fun for what it is and feel the need to overanalyze the character's menality and motives as if the story is supposed to be taken seriously. If people are reading this expecting serious relationship advances in every chapter they have only themselves to blame for disappointment.

last edited at Jul 22, 2018 8:16AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.