Forum › Shouraiteki ni Shindekure discussion

The last few chapters, I'm starting to really dislike Komaki for some reason and I can't quite put my finger on why...?

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Top tier anime dog tbh.

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

The last few chapters, I'm starting to really dislike Komaki for some reason and I can't quite put my finger on why...?

I skimmed through the last 4 chapters because I quickly lost interest in this, so my take might be inaccurate. I think it's the typical type of story that doesn't go anywhere, but in this case it becomes almost ... sad to witness ?
Like Hishikawa is a very pure character in a way (as pure as an obsession can get) and Komaki can obviously tell how she feels. At first it feels like she's just playing along with Hishikawa and it was pretty funny. But at this point you would expect Komaki to actually have had a serious conversation given her personality, because she does care about Hishikawa at the end of the day and wouldn't want to waste her time with this vague limbo that their relationship is in.
But this is not how the story goes, and instead the two just keep playing this game that doesn't go anywhere, and it simply doesn't fit who Komaki is supposed to be - she's not dumb and yet she doesn't make anything happen.

I don't know, maybe some people enjoy this, including the author, but I don't. The art is cute though. I think it could have easily become a very sweet story if the author was fine with writing a shorter one (like 12 - 16 chapters) with more of a direction.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Really, Komaki, no condom?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Yeah I dunno, the humour in this one is in this very awkward spot for me where it's too cringe to work as basic humour but not cringe enough to be so stupid it's funny. That condom joke is like 90% of jokes in this manga, just makes me roll my eyes :P

last edited at Jul 26, 2023 8:15AM

I skimmed through the last 4 chapters because I quickly lost interest in this, so my take might be inaccurate. I think it's the typical type of story that doesn't go anywhere, but in this case it becomes almost ... sad to witness ?
Like Hishikawa is a very pure character in a way (as pure as an obsession can get) and Komaki can obviously tell how she feels. At first it feels like she's just playing along with Hishikawa and it was pretty funny. But at this point you would expect Komaki to actually have had a serious conversation given her personality, because she does care about Hishikawa at the end of the day and wouldn't want to waste her time with this vague limbo that their relationship is in.
But this is not how the story goes, and instead the two just keep playing this game that doesn't go anywhere, and it simply doesn't fit who Komaki is supposed to be - she's not dumb and yet she doesn't make anything happen.

I don't know, maybe some people enjoy this, including the author, but I don't. The art is cute though. I think it could have easily become a very sweet story if the author was fine with writing a shorter one (like 12 - 16 chapters) with more of a direction.

There it is. Yep, that's why, thank you.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Hilarious. I figured she'd want to be leashed; next panel, there's her collar.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

I simply relate to her desperate lust for a platonic friend

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

A lot of the comments here really reflect my feelings on this manga, it started out as a silly gag manga that was sort of enjoyable even without expecting any serious progress, but by this point it is just painful to read. The constant state of emotional limbo makes Hishikawa look increasingly pathetic to the point that it just feels mean to laugh at her antics. On the flipside, Komaki just feels cold and honestly cruel.

I think the comedic dynamic has just been overplayed by this point and there would need to be some sort of shake-up in their relationship. Even if they don't get together (which judging by everything they never will), there needs to be a new joke besides Hishikawa makes an advance and is shut down. This is particularly aggravated by some of her advances being not at all ridiculous and over the top, which makes me wonder what the author is even thinking.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

...makes me wonder what the author is even thinking.

"I'm serialized and actually getting paid," is probably foremost on their mind. It's extremely difficult to balance that with a working story. While it's understandable, it makes these kinds of situations difficult for the reader as well.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

To me it's more like it's become more and more obvious that her feelings are not and will never be reciprocated and it makes the whole thing more and more sad with each new chapter.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

To me it's more like it's become more and more obvious that her feelings are not and will never be reciprocated and it makes the whole thing more and more sad with each new chapter.

Ya gotta think of this one as a comedy first and foremost with some yuri flavors, I think.

joined Aug 4, 2021

sometimes things move slowly

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I agree with the consensus: this started out being goofy and fun, but now Hishikawa is no longer over-the-top but just sort of sweet and obviously doomed.

Tragedy tag when?

(I’m still interested in it, though.)

joined Nov 13, 2022

Tragedy tag when?

I was going to argue with you and say that “the girl you like not liking you back” is much too ordinary and low-stakes to deserve a tragedy tag, but on second thought, Hishikawa absolutely WOULD take it as a tragedy and probably lie face-down in the mud for several days… That is, if she ever got to the point where she lost all hope. But her level of idiocy seems to give her superhuman resilience, so who knows how many decades of rejection it would take to get her there.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

at this point I just feel sad. The gag is way overplayed. Now it feels like kicking a dead horse.

last edited at Sep 18, 2023 11:51AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So, so dumb. :D

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yeah, you can't help be feel bad for Hishikawa after a while... She's a giant goofball but she ultimately means well and she's so earnest in her infatuation that it would be fun to see her get a few wins here and there. Komaki doesn't have to force herself to like her back but making an effort to at least be kind to her would go a long way (^^)

joined Jan 11, 2022

I think (hope?) that the setting gets a little more serious, while I really do enjoy the series so far it almost feels like the axe could strike any chapter because of aforementioned lack of progress.

Hope I'm wrong! Thanks for the translation.

last edited at Sep 18, 2023 12:59PM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

If you want a picture of the future of this manga, imagine Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown - forever.

last edited at Sep 18, 2023 2:02PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

being Hishikawa is suffering

also I completely forgot who Hayakawa-san and Kinoshita-san mentioned at the end are and why would Hishikawa be scared of them, but I'm not sure it's important

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Tragedy tag when?

I was going to argue with you and say that “the girl you like not liking you back” is much too ordinary and low-stakes to deserve a tragedy tag, but on second thought, Hishikawa absolutely WOULD take it as a tragedy and probably lie face-down in the mud for several days… That is, if she ever got to the point where she lost all hope. But her level of idiocy seems to give her superhuman resilience, so who knows how many decades of rejection it would take to get her there.

i was mostly kidding. But if the just-kinda-sad to goofy-over-the-top ratio continues to increase at this rate . . . not kidding.

joined May 3, 2014

wtf? i just read chapter 28 and this is the level of BS people has to read all thous 28 chapters??? UGH, i remember looking at MAL page abd this goes on for 43 chapters….W.T.F? at this point this is one of thous manga that has comedy for all 42 chapters ONLY at the last chapter to then getting together or some BS

Edit: can some one read the ending some how and spoil the story ??? honestly i didn’t give this manga any chance because i was waiting to see were it goes(and the comments kinda about the story…), but we are barley at chapter 28 and the same BS plot is on going so i’m asking to be spared of the disappointing if the ending is really bad

last edited at Sep 19, 2023 8:30AM

joined Nov 13, 2022

Edit: can some one read the ending some how and spoil the story ??? honestly i didn’t give this manga any chance because i was waiting to see were it goes(and the comments kinda about the story…), but we are barley at chapter 28 and the same BS plot is on going so i’m asking to be spared of the disappointing if the ending is really bad

Having also read the whole thing, I will direct you back to GellyDog’s comment earlier on this page. This is a Charlie Brown and Lucy kind of scenario.

joined Aug 4, 2021

Having also read the whole thing, I will direct you back to GellyDog’s comment earlier on this page. This is a Charlie Brown and Lucy kind of scenario.

well damn

To reply you must either login or sign up.