Forum › Nameless Fruit discussion

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm a little mystified about why Naomi is the main character's cousin, when first of all that's not relevant to the story at all and second of all they're clearly going to have sex.

Oh, but you contradict yourself. Cousin sex is somebody's fetish out there, and YUI_7 is probably going to make it "dramatic".

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 4:07PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Them being cousins allows the author to skip the hassle of writing a reason for them to be acquainted and familiar with each other.

Could have been childhood friends. But cousins, okay. Why not?

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

This is the most disjointed manga I've ever read. I can't follow anything enough to enjoy it. Oh well. :/

joined Feb 15, 2013

Yeah totally SHAFT down to the transition and head-tilt. Plus sex.

If only they have proper Yuri in Monogatari. Still waiting to ship Subaru with someone. Preferably Karen

joined Nov 9, 2017

hi all! i just finished this manga and i am very confused. the story is jumping a lot. what i’m wondering is that are some scences the past? or am i just not understanding. this story had taken my interest a little, but one question has always been in my head. the mc only met the other girl twice and what’s more in the park! and they didn’t even know each other. and the next thing is that.

that’s just my opinion. what i’m writing this for is that can someone explain it to me? i would really appreciate it :)

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

There are no scenes in the past. The whole story goes straight forward in time - each scene takes place sometime after the scene before (as far as I can tell).

There are obviously some time skips, but only of the usual sort (eg. skipping parts of the day where the character isn't doing anything related to the plot). There could be larger time skips, if the characters are implied to have spent more time with each other than is shown, but it's not really clear.

Judging by what Nonoka's wearing, she meets Akane on the first day of the story, and meets Aoi immediately thereafter (while the sweater tag is still on her mind). She's shopping with Shou later that same day. The next scene with Akane could be weeks later, or it could be the next week. It's unclear whether they got to know each other over time or just fucked the second time they met. The next scene, where Aoi invites Nonoka to the party, takes place at least one day later. The party scene takes place the Saturday after that.

My personal impression is that all the action is condensed over a short period of time - a few weeks or a month maybe - and that not much is skipped. The sex scene feels like something very impulsive, while they still had only known each other for a short time. The party scene is clearly not long after that, since Akane brings up the question she asked Nonoka right after they had sex.

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 4:50AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Some call it confusing and disjointed and weirdly paced and all that, but I found myself liking it a lot in spite of that. Perhaps it's because I can relate to Nonoka a little bit... I'm a high school senior who's thinking the very same "I'll go to the college I've always dreamed of going to and it'll all get better there" but it probably ain't happening. I'm gonna end up just like Nonoka, really... minus the cousin I'm super close with and the random and the random, sudden sex stuff. I've never watched Monogatari, but I did recognize the classic SHAFT head tilt since I watched Madoka. I've heard the text on a black background thing is a Monogotari thing too, and, to my surprise, I found myself liking the effect. The first time I heard about it, it just seemed like it was a lazy way to save some money... and that probably is why, but, regardless, it adds some uniqueness, I think. I liked the random, overdramatic poses too even if they were... random and overdramatic. I also liked the (I don't know what they're called) shifts or whatever which happened in the wedding dress and guitar scenes. They did seem like they were pulled straight out of an anime or some other TV thing, but it was nice to see it in a manga. And, of course, Yui7's art is as beautiful as it's always been. All of her stories have been a bit meh to me, but the art's been consistently beautiful.

I don't know if it's just me, but I've always felt that Yui7's stories have always tried to give off a... I don't know, aura of a story with an exciting, complicated plot even though they all end up as vessels for tons of sex. That thing where the girl ends up fucking her mother in the past and that other thing with the weird love triangle BS seemed like that to me. It's true for this but to a lesser extent since there's far less sex and far more of an actual story. I liked all of them, but I think that this is the best one of the bunch... though, of course, there's still time for it to crash and burn. Let's hope it doesn't!

Also, what does that Akane-ne thing mean anyway? Is it like a Ayaya thing? From what I recall, it's like a personal pronoun or something, but I don't really know.

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 2:47PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Probably just my luck but so many of the few adult life yuri stories i find involve a couple having sex before actually dating. They are usually pretty good anyway but it does make me wonder . . .
I seem to be the only one who doesn't know what Shaft is.
This seems alright. don't think I will find it interesting at all of the other two are in love with either leads but I will give it a shot if it goes that way.

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

looks like somebody's a fan of monogatari

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I seem to be the only one who doesn't know what Shaft is.

Shaft is an anime studio, they're famous for doing Madoka Magica and the Monogatari series.

joined Mar 10, 2017

Somehow there is a feeling that this story will be very painful

joined Nov 4, 2017

I like it

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Considering the "Room with Shiori" series that is still horrible angst? Yeah, you're probably not wrong.

joined Mar 8, 2016

The disjointed pacing and abrupt progression bugged me a bit too, but could be good.

800 yen per gram for the beef, though? That's like $3000 per pound. Translation error maybe? Meat in Japanese supermarkets is usually priced per 100g, (which $30/lb would be more realistic).

Also, on p.4 Shou-chan calls her "Nonohana-senpai" but the rest of the book it's translated as "Nonomiya" so I'm guessing that's a mistake?

last edited at Nov 10, 2017 11:19PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Considering the "Room with Shiori" series that is still horrible angst? Yeah, you're probably not wrong.

Others of the author's stories are quite funny though, like Love Steal. And Catch is really sweet. And even the other angsty ones have more going on that just loss and pain.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Also, what does that Akane-ne thing mean anyway? Is it like a Ayaya thing? From what I recall, it's like a personal pronoun or something, but I don't really know.

It's basically a wordplay joke. Akane is ending her sentence with the particle "ne," which is a construction that usually is meant to seek the agreement/affirmation of the person spoken to. I dunno if in her case it's one of those obtrusive speech affectations that anime/manga creators often give their characters and she uses it after every sentence, but at least when she uses it after her name it sounds like she's saying her name is "Akanene." Then she refers to herself as "nee-san," so Nonoka builds on the joke and calls her "Akanene-nee-san." Like an Abbott and Costello routine.

joined Jan 17, 2017

Tbh tbh I really like the pacing. Also the kisses are really really nice ;u;

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

The kisses are so perfect, in my opinion.

joined Jun 12, 2012

for you

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

To be honest, it feels like I'm reading a Jojo's padory. The poses, y'know

joined Jan 22, 2016
joined Oct 13, 2015

I'm very late to this but throroughly enjoyed the chapter. Though it says dropped. Does anyone have any news on this?

Hqdefault%20(2)
joined Apr 5, 2018

it was dropped? dang i was waiting for chapter 2

joined Sep 6, 2018

It would be cool if a translation group explained why they dropped translating a manga... Such as:
1. It sucked later on, so we don't want to translate disappointments.
2. We found cooler stuff to work on!
3. We're now gainfully employed and can't afford to work on passion projects.
4. Don't blame us, the mangaka/publisher overseas isn't churning out their work on time.
5. We're trying out some really good weed right now, we'll get back to work once the hazy smoke clears... Zzzzzzzz.
6. Oh, Red Dead Redemption 2 is awesome!
7. Nuts! Somebody sent us a "cease and desist" letter".

I could go on but I need some sleep... That would be #8.

So when is the next chapter going to be?

To reply you must either login or sign up.