Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

How this series feels in later chapters

No yuri for my catgirls

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm not really down with the romanticizing of maid cafes going on here. Like, cafe maids are just like any other service worker: they're paid to pretend to like you they don't actually like you it's all an artifice to get you to spend money. Guys always seem to forget this and get way too invested (or they actively take advantage of having a captive target who can't clearly reject them) and overstep the boundaries of that dynamic and there's not really anything servers can do about it besides grin and bear it. I can only imagine it's even worse with maid cafes considering they cater largely to socially maladjusted straight dudes.

I assume you also go to Love Live for uncompromising and hard-hitting coverage of the idol industry...?

On a different note, dunno 'bout y'all but I find it rather stretches plausibility that the girls somehow do not immediately recognize Oguri as "Maron" from the previous chapter. She's literally just wearing her hair differently and retracting her catgirl bits (which judging by the first chapter is merely a matter of concentration) ferchrissakes, that's is some higher order Clark Kenting right there...
Doubly ridiculous with Tora who's her freaking classmate, unless she's just politely playing dumb about the whole thing ofc but somehow I doubt it.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

How this series feels in later chapters

No yuri for my catgirls

That is a super underrated Simpsons episode

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Who is Maron?

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

dunno what happened to this series, too many characters, is there even a plot? wheres the yuri? characters seem so outlandish and they came out of nowhere

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Who is Maron?

Go read the previous chapter.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm not really down with the romanticizing of maid cafes going on here. Like, cafe maids are just like any other service worker: they're paid to pretend to like you they don't actually like you it's all an artifice to get you to spend money. Guys always seem to forget this and get way too invested (or they actively take advantage of having a captive target who can't clearly reject them) and overstep the boundaries of that dynamic and there's not really anything servers can do about it besides grin and bear it. I can only imagine it's even worse with maid cafes considering they cater largely to socially maladjusted straight dudes.

I assume you also go to Love Live for uncompromising and hard-hitting coverage of the idol industry...?

I mean, yeah that's a big part of why I don't watch idol anime: idol culture is a fucking grotesque exploitation of young girls and it grosses me out so I have no interest in seeing it be romanticized. But this series never billed itself as being about maid cafes the subject just came up out of the blue and had me rolling my eyes at how hard the author is shilling them.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm guessing that for whatever arcane reason (that probably involves some kind of deal between the appearing cafe and wherever this was published in) the story got rejiggered halfway in. There seems to be a degree of somewhat hasty reorienting going on in the narrative.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Where's the yuri? I don't want a harem lol >_>;;;

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

guys don't be so so greedy >_> this series is already plenty cute and i don't think my heart can handle it if it goes any gayer.

Subtext tag for now i guess?

53418375_p0_resize
joined Sep 15, 2018

I'm always excited to see new chapters of this series, even if the story is currently focusing on the whole cafe thing. There's enough cat cuteness and bits of yuri to keep my attention.

It makes me wish I had Riko's ability to befriend cats easily.

Owo
joined Jun 17, 2018

I can really relate to Yuki-chan. Socially awkward, useless, having conflicting inner thoughts..hahaha.. I need friends.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Why try to copy the fake cutesy maid cafe stuff isn't the guy running a normal cafe? I don't know how it is in japan but I would be willing to visit a maid cafe (once at least) for the novelty but in a normal one I would find that stuff rather off putting. Well I guess it isn't entirely normal since it has cats, but still.

last edited at Oct 6, 2018 10:14AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

It occurs to me that Yuki's closet ought to be rather transparent to the guys in her clan given that A) unless she's using some kind of voice filter prog they know she's a girl B) she keeps asking them for tips explicitly for courting girls...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Poor Alex-san.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

so im confused arent the cat girls really rare? i feel like there every where

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

guys don't be so so greedy >_> this series is already plenty cute and i don't think my heart can handle it if it goes any gayer.

Word, lol. Adorable series.

If there's a Yuri tag, there's gotta be yuri in there somewhere... the yuri is coming, slowly but it's coming...

Screenshot_2017-06-30-15-13-16
joined Sep 11, 2016

Who Killed Captain Alex?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

so im confused arent the cat girls really rare? i feel like there every where

They're a minority, but nobody ever said they were especially rare. The first chapter implied there were at least a few at the school, and minorities tend to band together in places where their numbers are low, so it's not that weird that a story focusing on them would feature several.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

To me the "blood splatter" looks more like an eyepatch. xD

joined Sep 28, 2018

The maid cafe shilling thing does go away after a while. I get the feeling it was something pushed on the mangaka by the publisher. And to the people who aren't happy with all the new characters popping up... it doesn't stop.

https://imgur.com/a/v3teVDt

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Yuki is pretty much as socially inept as Neeko from it's tough being Neeko... What if they met? Oh from the seed of awkwardness the Yuri would bloom from! I would sell the rest of my soul to see it!!!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That.
Neeko sure deserves some catgirl love!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The maid cafe shilling thing does go away after a while. I get the feeling it was something pushed on the mangaka by the publisher. And to the people who aren't happy with all the new characters popping up... it doesn't stop.

https://imgur.com/a/v3teVDt

At least those characters are all cute.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

DO NOT SPEAK THE NAME OF THAT ABOMINATION, LEST YOU SUMMON IT FROM THE BLACK DEPTHS WHERE IT DWELLS!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.