Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

Renge5
joined May 26, 2017

I hope it continues inthe direction it's been going the past few chapters; more about the characters than the cafe. I don't mind the cafe being a driving force or even having some chapters about it, but it kinda felt like this series was losing its soul for a while there.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Those * badump * things give me hope.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Aaaaaaaaand it's gay again.

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 12:52AM

joined Sep 13, 2018

good thing this isn't la soleil with the male MC having the biggest sexual drive there is. And not letting any of the cat girl escape from the sex.
I hope this thing goes with actual yuri and not just bait

joined Aug 11, 2014

At first I wondered if the whole "cat cafe to appeal to guys, maid cafe to appeal to girls" thing was a mistaken translation or something, but then I thought about it a bit more, and yeah, that checks out. Surefire recipe for success, is what that is.

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

...and its back to the boring cafe stuff

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

...and its back to the boring cafe stuff

It's kinda doing both lol

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Jeez, that was a Manly butt.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

She's squinting her ears

joined Jul 11, 2015

"SUBTEXT"

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

lmao even in cat form, Kozue still wears those earphones.

Edit: Ah, the classic subtext strikes again.

last edited at Nov 9, 2018 7:49PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

smiiiiiiiiiiirk

...but seriously are those headphones like a cursed item Kozue is physically incapable of unequipping or something... o_O

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

S U B T E X T

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Surely this chapter at least qualifies for yuri crush ?

last edited at Nov 9, 2018 10:38PM

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

THAT WAS SO FRIGGIN CUTE!! OMG!!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So Yukki is indeed in love with Riko?

joined Jul 26, 2016

So Yukki is indeed in love with Riko?

This is a rhetorical question, right?

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

But I do recall that in one of the regular chapters Kozue or Mimika mentioned having an experimental choker that allows the user to change form at will

Nope. There's a prescription cologne that all Catulus can receive that allows them to change at will. The only reason Yuki doesn't have it is because she's a shut-in who's skipped her regular checkups.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

So. A few thoughts have occurred to me:
Do boys ever get Catulus Syndrome?
If they do, are they also gay af?
The professor says Yuki has CONGENITAL catulus syndrome, so she was likely born with catulus syndrome and may have inherited it from her parents, and thus might be a genetic disorder. Or a genetic... uh, good...thing... Depending on if you want cat stuff or not.

The first two questions are much more important, of course.

edit: Also: This is purely speculation but my guess is that there will never be more than ship-teasing and cutesy handholding and blushing, etc. That’s ok by me, even if I would prefer that the ships actually sail at some point. (Especially Tora x Mimika)

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 2:42PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

The Japanese title is Nekomusume Shoukougun which alongside the Principal's speech back in chapter 1 seems to imply it only affects women - I suppose you could say whatever the fig causes it is chromosome sensitive, if a "sciencey" handwave is needed. Given a wee bit important thing like the Law of Conservation of Mass clearly doesn't apply in this world, though, I daresay one really shouldn't think too hard about any of this... >_>

No bloody idea what the Hell the Prof means by "congenital" though, or for that matter how she recognizes the distinction apparently at a glance - unless she has access to the students' medical data or something which raises a number of other questions. Then again you'd be excused for wondering WTF a researcher of her stature and importance is doing playing bootleg Doraemon in the storage room of some random high school in the first place...
...yeah let's just invoke Bellisario's Maxim here, I'm pretty sure none of this is supposed to survive closer scrutiny.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

No bloody idea what the Hell the Prof means by "congenital" though, or for that matter how she recognizes the distinction apparently at a glance - unless she has access to the students' medical data or something which raises a number of other questions. Then again you'd be excused for wondering WTF a researcher of her stature and importance is doing playing bootleg Doraemon in the storage room of some random high school in the first place...
...yeah let's just invoke Bellisario's Maxim here, I'm pretty sure none of this is supposed to survive closer scrutiny.

con·gen·i·tal
/kənˈjenədl/
adjective
adjective: congenital

(especially of a disease or physical abnormality) present from birth.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 6:25PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I know what the word means; what is unclear is what it's supposed to mean in the context.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I know what the word means; what is unclear is what it's supposed to mean in the context.

Most Catulus are girls whose cat features come in when they're around 12. Current evidence for Yuki, however, is that she's had hers all her life.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Most Catulus are girls whose cat features come in when they're around 12. Current evidence for Yuki, however, is that she's had hers all her life.

According to where exactly? Also that would still be a misuse of the term as the condition is presumably congenital irrespective of when it happens to express.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

According to where exactly? Also that would still be a misuse of the term as the condition is presumably congenital irrespective of when it happens to express.

Yeah, I don’t remember it ever being mentioned (outside of potential implications of the professor’s words) that Yuki has had it all her life either.

I was half-joking about the science behind all this of course. It’s a fun little exercise to think about how it might work but, well... the whole idea is just for setting up a world with cat girls as an “other” type of demographic, so it’s quite unlikely it was thought through in a serious way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.