Forum › Yuri Yuri 2 discussion

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

When Namori shows what darkness she's capable of creating it makes me think back with even more annoyance at Release the Spyce and its "guys guys guess what everyone's actually TOTALLY FINE" twist.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 3:31PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

and how she press her shoes into Midori-kuns.

I missed that the first time. That pushes Ema out of the "well intentioned but overbearing" camp and into the "bullying with strong hints of yandere" camp. She's basically threatening Midori to make her love her.

Is Ema actually abusing Midori or something? It looks like Ema's stepping on Midori's foot in the last page which seems a bit ominous given how ominous the whole story is. I don't know if it's just symbolism or something though since no one has mentioned that yet lol.

Edit: Well, I got ninja'd. Still, I wonder what's happening here... I'd love to see a followup to this story where Midori actually rejects Ema.

Yeah, that shifts the whole story in a darker direction. Just... damn.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 3:33PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Really weird move to add, after 10 years of hiatus, two darker stories to an overall fluffy anthology. I don't like it. It ruins the mood. First book still the best.

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

Trichotillomania? This chapter kind of hit me, I had that issue in high school...feels bad man.

same here D: i had this really big bald spot back in high school, too lol

joined Sep 19, 2019

Yep, I thought it was just Midori going out with her friend so that she doesn't hurt her feelings, but after noticing Ema's foot I realised it was something much, much darker than that.

Holy shit.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

When moe meets dark. Namori's good with it.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 4:51PM

7af8476d1
joined Mar 19, 2019

yay... I think i'll stop reading namori's things, my heart can't bear it T_T I love soft fluffy feelings not theses yandere/psycho girls T_T

joined May 20, 2013

You can relax as long as you're close with me. Sounds like a threat.

joined Aug 24, 2017

I kinda feel like everyone who's completely surprised by this darker turn forgot about Namori's "Truth" doujin. Still, those two chapters do seem out of place in this anthology.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

10 years later...

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Oof, how sad. I wonder if these take place in the same universe as Yuru Yuri?

joined May 24, 2015

I'm in the camp of thinking these two juxtapose the light, fluffy feeling of the rest of the series in a HORRIBLE way. Give me happy endings over these weird, dark underlying tones any day.
Ch. 5 had a way better way of conveying what happened anyways

joined Dec 18, 2018

I kinda feel like everyone who's completely surprised by this darker turn forgot about Namori's "Truth" doujin. Still, those two chapters do seem out of place in this anthology.

Yeah, personally it's mainly because every story in Yuri Yuri 1 and first 3 in this one all had happy endings. Also since these stories have the series tags attached to them, they can be quite...misleading.

joined Aug 24, 2017

Also since these stories have the series tags attached to them, they can be quite...misleading.

Whaaaaaat, you mean don't think this is pure comedy gold? (Seriously though, someone might want to look at changing the tags.)

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 6:47PM

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

"Series of oneshots" B-But, I want more. Still each chapter is cute and fun. We can't all be Virgin's Empire after all.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Uuhhh that made me feel not happy emotions, in stark contrast to the previous one shots :(

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 7:14PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The last one at least had good timing in it’s black comedy, this one is just unsettling

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:04PM

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Reminds me of a movie I watched a while back that depicted someone talking to their wife/girlfriend on their cell at various points throughout the movie. At the end, we see that the phone was broken the whole time. It was creepy but also sad.

What movie?

Had to do some digging but it looks like it was called Session 9. It's a horror film.

@gootznbootz @DoubleEspresso_ @Advance Tabco The original comment reminded me of (Big spoilers for related anime): Samurai Flamenco Although it doesn't perfectly match the description, but if anything, I'd say the twist was more similar to the one here in the manga.

joined Apr 10, 2019

ngl in chapter 4 I feel like Ema might be some sadistic af bully, at the last page it looks like she is stepping on Midori's foot and other things that might seem normal in other pages like Ema holding Midori's hand might just be Ema squeezing Midori's hand, or when Ema slammed the table at the start of the chapter. And some of the stuff Ema says just sounds threatening.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 10:13PM

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

i cant trust namori anymore lol these last two stories left me feeling really unsettled

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Loving these reactions.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

This one was kinda predictable, as soon as she said the hair thing and kept doing it even when out with her gf, kinda sad, being a pushover.

joined Oct 21, 2013

!Miho and !Megumi Ema and Midori are the ones on the cover, aren't they?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

So bloody fluffy.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

and how she press her shoes into Midori-kuns.

I missed that the first time. That pushes Ema out of the "well intentioned but overbearing" camp and into the "bullying with strong hints of yandere" camp. She's basically threatening Midori to make her love her.

Is Ema actually abusing Midori or something? It looks like Ema's stepping on Midori's foot in the last page which seems a bit ominous given how ominous the whole story is. I don't know if it's just symbolism or something though since no one has mentioned that yet lol.

Edit: Well, I got ninja'd. Still, I wonder what's happening here... I'd love to see a followup to this story where Midori actually rejects Ema.

Yeah, that shifts the whole story in a darker direction. Just... damn.

Oh wow, this went from not so gloomy to "day bish be crazy" (Ema), I just thought her foot was like, playfully touching Midori's, but no, she stepping on it ffs. Now that I think about it...yes some yandere vibes

Small details really give the most information huh. I'd like to see a continuation for the last 2 stories actually or more crazy stuff, it seems the hiatus had some effect on Namori-sensei!

I see many people aren't liking this wee darker stories, I am thankful for the variety to be honest.

last edited at Apr 30, 2020 9:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.