Forum › Seifuku no Vampiress Lord discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Sharkexpert12 posted:

Well if any genre is allowed to add stuff to vampires it's yuri.

This series has outright discarded several standard vampire traits anyways so there's really no logical reason it can't add a trait or two on top of it.

joined Apr 12, 2015

Yukko's a natural smooth talker, isn't she?
I want the harem end too bc being surrounded by girls is just clenches fist n i c e.

Yr%20low
joined Nov 15, 2013

Well at first this topic was a subtext manga...

But this is becoming one hilarious yuri manga that I really enjoy reading I do need like a thousand chapters from it per day and it won't become boring. I need more of this. Too good...

joined Mar 3, 2017

I like harems as much as the next guy, but I really hope Yuu sticks to just Nana.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sooooo cooool, I knew the mangaka who make prunus girl wouldn't disappoint.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Nana is best girl no matter how you slice it.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Aah cute chapter! Let's hope it steers away from harem >< lol

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

His track suit is immortal.

OTP

Honeyview_190197%20(3)
joined Dec 16, 2013

YASSSSSSSSSS.

Smoothest confession ever.

Also pretty unsure what route this manga is going to take. It's pretty weird I finished reading Prunus Girl about a month ago and it was perfect. Ticked all my boxes. Didn't know this was the same author and now I'm super pumped! Expecting great things.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I'm holding out for the harem route!

Well okay but Nana has to be the legal wife.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

She really is super smooth, good lord. fans self
You know all the harem girls are going to end up falling over each other to get to her. And I can't wait for whatever weirdness will involve ms boobs later on though, whatever adversarial thing they've got going on right now is going to end up great!

On the topic of immortality though; it's not that unique for vampires to extend human lifespans. I think it happens at least semi-regularly in vampire fic. Although it's usually tied to said human drinking the vampire's blood, which then gives them all kinds of perks. So really the only new thing here is the LOVE angle, which, in a so far bloodless vampire manga, somehow isn't that surprising.

last edited at May 15, 2017 1:36PM

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

BRING ME THE RED HAIRED GRANDMA
haven't see her, already loving her

last edited at May 15, 2017 1:39PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

I think it may already be too late for Nana... She may be immortal already!

Titanoktonon
Steam%20picture%20eclipse
joined Jan 9, 2017

BRING ME THE RED HAIRED GRANDMA
haven't see her, already loving her

That reminds me of this song

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm holding out for the harem route!

Well okay but Nana has to be the legal wife.

As far as I can tell from their classmates' dialogue, she already is.

On the topic of immortality though; it's not that unique for vampires to extend human lifespans. I think it happens at least semi-regularly in vampire fic. Although it's usually tied to said human drinking the vampire's blood, which then gives them all kinds of perks. So really the only new thing here is the LOVE angle, which, in a so far bloodless vampire manga, somehow isn't that surprising.

Wasn't Vampire: The Masquerade where this whole gaining-vampiric-perks-from-drinking-vampire-blood started?

Hopefully it will not turn into an aggressive harem/love-polygon struggle with the others figuring out that if the MC loves them they'll gain immortality.

There have been plenty of stories before about the crazy lengths people will go to avoid/escape death.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What if she falls out of love? Mortality comes back?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

What if she falls out of love? Mortality comes back?

It probably operates on True Love™. You know, the kind of love that's popular in romance stories and what their "happily ever afters" are built out of.

last edited at May 15, 2017 2:44PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Does it have to be requited? Does the other party have to be aware of it? I wonder what the conditions are, besides loving them.
Cus as far as i know, can you imagine, a socially awks or something vampire just falls in love but maybe keeps their distance (maybe even stalking them p much) and just sike 10 years later the other person hasnt aged at all and everyone's like what the fuck

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Faust posted:

Does it have to be requited? Does the other party have to be aware of it? I wonder what the conditions are, besides loving them.
Cus as far as i know, can you imagine, a socially awks or something vampire just falls in love but maybe keeps their distance (maybe even stalking them p much) and just sike 10 years later the other person hasnt aged at all and everyone's like what the fuck

That's how witches are burned at the stake.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Koveras posted:

Wasn't Vampire: The Masquerade where this whole gaining-vampiric-perks-from-drinking-vampire-blood started?

I don't know where it started for sure but I think that the original method or n early method of creating new vampires was to have a human drink a vampires blood or something like that.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Koveras posted:

I don't know where it started for sure but I think that the original method or n early method of creating new vampires was to have a human drink a vampires blood or something like that.

Masquerade made it so just biting a mortal wouldn't make them a vampire, you have to drain them entirely out of blood, then give them some of your own vampiric blood to turn them. Also giving out vampiric blood to a mortal without draining them first gives them quasi vampiric powers on top of pseudo immortality as long as they keep drinking some, making them extremely dependant on the vampire they're a ghoul to.

As for if they are the first to develop those ideas of vampirism, not sure. Masquerade's idea of vampires is heavily inspired from various media, one of the most prominent being Anne Rice's book, especially her character Lestat.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

As for if they are the first to develop those ideas of vampirism, not sure. Masquerade's idea of vampires is heavily inspired from various media, one of the most prominent being Anne Rice's book, especially her character Lestat.

I have never actually read Anne Rice's novels, but don't they have people turning into vampires directly by drinking blood of other vampires? "Pseudo-vampire" underlings seem to be a new addition to this chain of events.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have never actually read Anne Rice's novels, but don't they have people turning into vampires directly by drinking blood of other vampires? "Pseudo-vampire" underlings seem to be a new addition to this chain of events.

Renfield in the original Dracula could, is promised immortality via zoophagia, that is eating insects and later animals to derive their life force through their blood. Whether this was effective is up in the air since Dracula snaps his neck towards the end, but it seems the origin of the idea that vamps can provide perks to their human followers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.