Forum › The Wife-to-Be discussion

joined Feb 1, 2013

This one always get to me. >_<

I stumble upon it, remember havig read it before, but doesn't remember what it's about.

Then I read it, rage, and am sad. Then I force myself to forget it in order not to be sad. And it's all starting again.

Just goes to show that's it's really well written I guess.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

Yah, I was able to forget about this one.. That's what I thought, but when I saw the first page, the story came into my mind. I realize, I was only able to forget about the title..

This one is heart-breaking.. Yes, it is well written but i'm a sucker at sad stuffs.. reading this once is enough. Just remembering the story made me depress all over again :3

last edited at Apr 13, 2013 11:48AM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

"Hey, a woman's happiness lies in marriage, so I'm going to do that even though you're the one I love. And I love you so much that I'm going to rub it in any step of the way tee-hee!" Just because something elicits an emotion doesn't mean it's well written. The character acts like she is from space and only vaguely familiar with human emotion and the message this sends is reprehensible. And this won an award in 2011. Thanks for reminding me of this piece of shit, now I have to clean the palate with something.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I agree that the message given by this one is totally stupid. I said it, it makes me rage each time I read it. But alas, shit like this happens in reality. And this one shot touches me, it conveys fellings, which most aren't able to.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Still not as bad as her newest one for me cause this had the aaaangst tag so i knew it was coming

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Agreed. Again, I sadly believe this is realistic, there are people like this out there. And there are the unlucky ones who fall for them. I've met them, heck, I almost got into this shit myself once.
You don't realize they're that way before, precisely because you love them. And if you have really, really bad luck, they tell you they love you, too. Only to brutally hurt you down the road and then still say they love you. It takes little wits, but a lot of heartache to come to the simple conclusion: They lie. Perhaps even to themselves, but they lie.

Panda_icon
joined Feb 8, 2013

Still not as bad as her newest one for me cause this had the aaaangst tag so i knew it was coming

so true ;_;

joined Mar 10, 2014

aww, i came here right after reading her newest so i expected a lot more than this.
c'mon, if you're gonna play a troll, you gotta play it right, fujiwara.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

This was my reality. There are people like that. We just never spoke up about it, but we took what we had for each other was something between us only. And reality was that we would eventually have to move on to whats expected from society.

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

I read the other one before...and found it heartbreaking. But since i always forget to read tags before, i hoped for this one to be different.
Just marry her if you love her T.T
I still like the art though...
going to read some fluffy stories

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This was my reality. There are people like that. We just never spoke up about it, but we took what we had for each other was something between us only. And reality was that we would eventually have to move on to whats expected from society.

or you could have moved to a country where it was accepted (not back then i mean if you are still in a country that does not accept this)

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

"Hey, a woman's happiness lies in marriage, so I'm going to do that even though you're the one I love. And I love you so much that I'm going to rub it in any step of the way tee-hee!" Just because something elicits an emotion doesn't mean it's well written. The character acts like she is from space and only vaguely familiar with human emotion and the message this sends is reprehensible. And this won an award in 2011. Thanks for reminding me of this piece of shit, now I have to clean the palate with something.

But does the fact that this one-shot displays just how much such behaviour can hurt the 'one left behind' as a result of, as you and others have pointed out, social pressures deliver an important or at least empathetic message?

Perhaps the story's semi-autobiographical? Maybe the young woman getting on the train simply thinks she is doing what is right, as many, sadly, might. If so, hopefully many who read this (possibly as a result of its having won an award) will be that little bit more empathetic, just a tad more willing to be honest or open-minded, and then hopefully -hopefully- there'll be a few more happy stories in the world.

This isn't an attempt to suggest the story is brilliant or that you are wrong... Simply that, whether it's well written or not, whether you enjoy it or not, we'll all hopefully be that little bit wiser, and therefore a little happier for it. You may not change the world for the better, but you can make a dent. : )

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Wow. That hurt so much.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

most probably she going to cheat, the common thing that gay live as hetero do.
just don't get caught.
'family is family, love is love' seperated in their case.

last edited at Mar 17, 2014 5:50AM

joined Aug 9, 2013

That left a bad taste in my mouth.
Its a stupid story. I know that such things happen in real life but what exactly caused their break-up? Its a stupid concept for the happy lesbian couple suddenly breaking up because one is getting married. That really came out of nowhere.

I would have appreaciated it better if the author gave us an idea for the root of their problem-e.g arranged marriage or cheating. But no, its poorly written and the characters are unrealistic

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

One of the most depressing I've ever read. Gah, my heart.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

This is when reality bites. :|

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

what. the. hell.

joined Dec 6, 2011

._.

joined Sep 13, 2014

Damn. :'(

joined Sep 13, 2014

Reading this again. Why am I torturing myself?!

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Holy shit that was heartbreaking... this is worse than Afterlife.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Reading this again. Why am I torturing myself?!

You poor masochist. Much like Kou

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

In a way I can see why she's doing this. I mean, if I'm not mistaken arranged marriages are still a thing in some parts of Japan. Hence if she were to run away with her girlfriend instead of going through with it she would most likely be forced to cut ties with her family altogether, seeing as how she'd draw shame over the family name if she didn't go through with the marriage. I dunno, I don't think I know enough about it to actually be able to make a statement about it, but all I'm saying is there could be many more sides to the story than at first thought. I mean say that both knew about it when they started the relationship, that wouldn't make it less sad when they were finally forced to break it off.

Yes, this story is very sad, but then again most award-winning stories aren't the cute ones with the good ending but the sad ones with the thought-provoking one. Personally I liked this one, since it tells a good story. Maybe not a happy story, but a good one nonetheless.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I have never actually shed a tear to any manga or novel ever. Though I really do come close sometimes, usually it's about happy things or reminiscing about the past. This one however, the sadness really put me on edge. I knew it would be sad, I knew it, but I really like this author's work and so I had to read it. I was right, it was great, but also really sad. I don't know if I ever want to read it again though, I think i'd prefer to just forget it haha

To reply you must either login or sign up.