Forum › The Wife-to-Be discussion

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Ouch. Well written, but sad little story.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

First time reading this, but honestly, it didn't affect me like how it seems to have effected other readers. I don't feel like there's enough background information for me to get emotional over this. It didn't even make my brain try to fill in the story gaps, which is something that usually happens.
It's still a shitty situation, though, one which I can relate to apathetically at this point in my life. Woo being a robot!

joined Jan 15, 2016

This is a really good manga in my opinion. Ppl keep on raging abt how she married a guy n leaving her gf yadda yadda . For your consideration, marriage in Japan is a bit more complicated, and it is usually decided by the parents. It could be that the MC rly love her gf but sadly must be forcefully married off . In real life we dont just “marry her if u love her” . Oh hell nah it aint easy .. so this is sad as fk ;-;

P.S if the MC didnt tell her gf that she love her before marriage . When will it be ?

Img_20151017_114821
joined May 8, 2020

Needs more backstory for it to be really impactful. Did it really win an award back then? Damn.

Anna Liebert
N22
joined Jun 6, 2020

My heart aches. The pain is too much.

joined Apr 13, 2021

Reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. I remember when she asked me what I would do if her parents found out about us. I simply told her I'll back off from her life. She cried and was hurt by what I said. She did thank me a year later for making her realize that our relationship was idealistic and would never last lol. I was depressed for years after that relationship, doing good now and I'm happy for her and her current SO.

Reality sucks and this story managed to convey it without the need for more backstory.

joined Dec 26, 2015

I like this story. It reflects the reality some people have to face. And reality is sometimes sad and not what we want. Simply moving somewhere where your love can be accepted is often not an option for numerous reasons, finances, friends, and family being among them.

I think it's hard for people to accept that. We want them to be gay and happy together. But their lives are they're own. There are some works of fiction that use fantastical elements to create an engaging narrative, and then there are some that simply holds a mirror to reflect the values of the society they're written in, and this story is the latter

Arranged marriages are a thing. Marriage and children are still seen as the end goal for a happy life. Sometimes relationships you don't want ending has to end because society demands it. The story is sad, because those expectations lead to sadness in the people who are expected to follow them. Not everyone is a revolutionary, no everyone can yell, screw you, to the expectations thrusted on them. They accept it to live and adapt, and it's sad but it's also life. No matter what you choose to do, you have to sacrifice something, and be there to live with the consequences

joined Dec 17, 2021

ah thank goodness I found this one, I really liked how it hurt the first time but I forgot to save it and it was a pain to come across it again.

As for the story itself, I feel more sympathy for Kou since she's the one being left behind for a man, but I do appreciate Momo's brand of selfishness.

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

Dude...

To reply you must either login or sign up.