Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

but who's the top and who's the bottom

Neither.
There are only pants. 0_o

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I want to see Kase fully dressed up and with makeup, and Yamada in sportswear. (╯✧ ∇ ✧)╯

"Reverse the polarity!"

Everything Explodes

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

'I'm Not Anyone Fishy! I'm Just a Succubus!'

A new film from writer/director, Guillermo Del Toro

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

"...and after some stuff happened, they're dating now."
Yep. All you need. Exposition's overrated. Just skip to the dating now!

Navidson92
Their Story discussion 14 Dec 21:24
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Funk yeah, Sun Jing!

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

.... this manga actually pretty much sims up my attitude towards Instagram and such.
Huh. :D

Delinquency confirmed?! D :

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

characters and story meh. not good

Edgy

Navidson92
Golondrina discussion 02 Jul 22:44
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Current translator for this series here!

Other people in this thread have already said this, but I too can confirm that Chica is still a lesbian at the end of the most recently published 5th volume. Chica also continues to have romantic relationships with other women in future chapters.

The 6th and final volume is on indefinite hiatus, but the directions the series take have given me no reason to believe the series will end with Chica in a relationship with a man. I doubt I would be translating Golondrina if it did. I definitely understand why people are suspicious (I certainly was too when I first read the series) but at least in what has been published, there's nothing to worry about.

Thank you kindly for the update and all your translation-work.

Haven't begun reading the series yet, but after reading this I've been convinced to get onboard! ^ ^

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

drhelsing needs to shut his fucking mouth...

I second that.

And you both have no idea what is it like on the real world. It's a jackal eats jackal world outhere and I beleive that those two should settle on adopting a cat, they're as nosy as children and they are WAY less dramatic

Dude... Just stop, yeah?

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

At least it isn't incest. Good God.

This is like saying about food "At least it isn't delicious!"

...it is? : [

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

The dance.. How did she remember 4 poses i just did!? ( ^_ ^) -(^_^)- (/^ ^)/ ~(^^)~

Yaas, kween!
Much finesse, all style!

I find this story oddly charming... There's something very naive about the way it's told - real broad strokes and a rather sweet, innocent idea of 'cool'.

Whilst not particularly engaging, it's kinda adorable. ^ ^

Navidson92
Murcielago discussion 27 Jun 21:02
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Well... Another four chapters in, another two-month long wait. ^ ^

Thank you to whoever continued to translate this. :-)

Reiko confused the hell out of me. I thought she was a guy at first.

Must be becuz it's been awfully long since i read the series.

The fact that Kuroko hit on her should have been a clue. :P

Ha! Same logic I used.
#Science

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Regarding a certain dissenting view:

IMO!: It's a story about two juxtaposing outcasts being brought together by a mutual, gentle empathy. And not about, say, I dunno... what some may interpret to be a sociopath that uses high-school power-dynamics to manipulate a classmate into submission. Which is sad. : C

Empathy, yo'. Gotta cross-reference character with what appears to be the author's intent.

El examplé: I felt the most important lines were on p. 11/12
Khouhai: 'I'm sad.'
Senpair: 'A-about what?'
Khouhai: 'About everything!'

If the story were told from Khouhai's perspective it would revolve around how she is unhappy and feels isolated, but is both motivated and pleased by Senpai's perseverance - yet, unbeknownst to her, the Senpai feels much the same way. In the end the pair are brought together by that which causes their respective unhappiness: The Senpai that's so bad she's bullied into quitting is encouraged to stay and be coached by the talented Khouhai that feels removed from her peers.

Ultimately the Khouhai remains cold and anti-social, the Senpai insecure and lacking confidence - but the narrative suggests, in amongst all their unhappiness, they've each found a personal sense of acceptance and understanding in one another's flaws and kindness. +Yuri. Which is nice. : )

[Also: One cannot offer a dissenting opinion and, in turn, resentfully dismiss a further dissenting opinion on one's own dissent. That, yo', leads to arrogant hypocrisy.]

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Really similar to the begining of this novel,except the yuri part.

Then it is superior, for yuri improves all!

Thus saith science.

Navidson92
Drift discussion 03 Jun 08:57
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

More action/yuri plz world, kfnx?

That ending, though...
Kinda seemed like some yuri fever-dream or something.

Like 'Jacob's Ladder', but instead of hell her final moments are visions of yuri bliss. : /

...wish more stories ended like that.

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Regarding involvement of sperm-donor:
It's all personal-preference, yo'!
The couple involved in the manga would prefer the donor to be someone they know, so they break-down why at is and what would be ideal for them.
If someone wants the donor to be entirely anonymous and never involved? That's kewl, too! Just gotta preach the acceptance of individual preference. ^ ^

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I love this story so, so, so damn much. The best thing. ^ ^

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/strawberry_shake_ch05#6

There should be a moment like this in every story ever, ever. ^ ^

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

[She] waited so long for a sequel to Fallout 3, but New Vegas, her true soulmate, was there the whole time, just waiting for her to notice. And now she's going to be too focused on her pretty but ultimately shallow fling with Fallout 4 to ever realise it. Brings a tear to your eye.

Often true.
Much tragedy.
Too sad. :' C

Navidson92
Beloved L discussion 08 Oct 23:10
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Stop criticizing the doctor, I'm sure she will take care of the girl's problems. After she takes care of her other "needs" :D

She is a human too, just because she is a doctor doesn't mean she will behave like a saint with infinite wisdom...

"After she takes care of her other "needs" :D"
This sentence with the smiley face is kinda creepy...

Ha!
Totally true. : )

Navidson92
Fuel discussion 20 Jul 07:30
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

...It's not about the protagonist actually being 'fat', but lazy.

When the Ex at the start says "Aren't you sorta... fat?" she's using it as a way-in to end the relationship 'cause she doesn't like how much of a 'slob' the protag. is. The heroine's so insecure and afraid of failure that she quits everything she starts the moment it gets hard, so she reacts out of anger at the Ex (partly because she literally isn't fat, but mainly 'cause she's insecure about her lifestyle), but winds up proving her right when she gets bored of exercising.

Being 'fit' becomes a cypher for simply being wanted or loved, which is compounded by the way she reacts to the athletic girl ("And those abs...!"). When she says "Running doesn't get you slim at all." she means 'Gets you noticed' as much as anything - having not lost any weight comes second, referring to how her attitude hasn't changed (and she partly knows that's why Athletic Girl ain't noticed!).

The protag. lashing out with 'You run 'cause you've got nothing better to do!' is inward facing; she feels Athletic Girl is an arrogant jerk ('cause she's hot) whilst feeling insecure ('cause she don't feel hot/ain't noticed). In the end it's revealed Athletic Girl liked her for who she was anyway (as someone that didn't care if she did get fat), and the subsequent epiphany makes the protag. feel like Athletic Girl will be the one to help her confidence so she can finally change her outlook/lifestyle for the better (which she's always wanted).

...or something.
I liked it, anyhow. Hope there's a sequel. C :

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I've been waiting for another chapter of this for so long...! ^^

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

FUCK YEAH,

it's finally here! =D

^This.^ So much this.

last edited at Aug 18, 2015 11:53AM

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Cute. ^^

Reminds me of 'Your Cuteness', the Otsu Hiyori short.
(Which is a good thing!)

Navidson92
Magan&Danai discussion 15 May 22:50
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

.........This was unexpectedly awesome.

Kinda miss it now I've finished reading, though...
Better set series to 'subscribe' - only thing one can do in such a situation!