Forum › Saki discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Exactly. Or they're negotiating and Koromo creates a terror-quake. Suddenly they agree to all your terms and flee back to their homelands.

Mysterious_person
joined Jun 10, 2013

no updates in months, does this means that they finally dropped the translation?

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

no updates in months, does this means that they finally dropped the translation?

Akio has been uploading regularly, but I guess the chapters haven't been getting uploaded here.

joined Apr 1, 2014

either you have no boobs or GIANT boobs

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

I wonder how popular is this manga? Obviously below the like of one piece, but since there are many sequels, i guess it isn't too bad that it will be forced to end. That comforts me quite a bit.

last edited at May 25, 2020 11:54PM

joined Mar 8, 2016

I only watched the Saki anime, so I'm curious - are they still playing that same tournament that is the focus of the anime?

I'm genuinely impressed/dumbfounded that " a group of girls play a mahjong tournament" is a premise that could sustain 12 years, 5 series, and nearly 400 chapters worth of content. Like, I genuinely have no explanation for how it could keep people's interest that long.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

I only watched the Saki anime, so I'm curious - are they still playing that same tournament that is the focus of the anime?

I'm genuinely impressed/dumbfounded that " a group of girls play a mahjong tournament" is a premise that could sustain 12 years, 5 series, and nearly 400 chapters worth of content. Like, I genuinely have no explanation for how it could keep people's interest that long.

Yep, they're still in the same tournament. I think people keep reading it because there are still unresolved stories between Saki and her sister, we still don't know what exactly happened between them and it seems like Teru and Saki are going to play against each other in the individual tournament. Plus, there are some yuri subtext between the main characters (Saki-Nodoka, Hisa-Mihoko, Momo-the Captain)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... and it seems like Teru and Saki are going to play against each other in the individual tournament

Which, to be clear, is the tournament AFTER this one.

Yes, this series is all sorts of bonkers. I mean, it's chapter 217 now ... it started in chapter 190. It's pretty much exactly 2 years now ... and it's still just the first round of this match.

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

Can't believe it's been 2 years ever since the explosive beginning by Yuuki, the first round ended.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

2 years and 27 chapters. Holy shet that vanguard match took long. I'm guessing mostly cause of Teru's importance as an antagonist. Maybe the next matches until Saki won't be as long, but I imagine that final match with Saki will take even longer.

king Leylard the second
Suichan%20ll99
joined Jun 27, 2020

I love Saki, but I just want to say that:
"There are not putting a pantyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

There's a new spin-off manga launching today (Friday) too, a collaboration with Final Fantasy XIV of all things.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-01-21/final-fantasy-xiv-game-gets-saki-mahjong-collaboration-manga/.168642

joined Apr 30, 2020

It's been FIFTEEN YEARS already. And Awai's boobs keep getting bigger. I really do wonder if Ritz is biased towards Achiga. Yuu gets to win with an all red hand but Mako can't with her own all green hand shtick.

Speaking of collabs, Saki actually had a collab with the gacha game Mahjong Soul. Unfortunately, due to licensing the collab characters do not appear in certain regions. Shame since that collab makes the most sense to happen.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

It's been FIFTEEN YEARS already. And Awai's boobs keep getting bigger.

She's not the only one. Nodoka's have at least doubled in diameter since her first appearance. Rather than a sporting tournament, It's starting to look more like a convention of Lolo Ferrari impersonators.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Ritz just can't contain her love for tits and ass. I admire the passion but come on the story is suffering for it.

Also, for me, Awai got the biggest change so it was the most noticeable. She used to be FLAT and that was a DECADE ago already. Girls with mahjong powers grow up fast.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/anime-news/2021/01/21/saki-manga-creator-confirms-pink-haired-nodoka-haramura-is-lgbt

Saki Manga Creator Confirms Pink-Haired Nodoka Haramura is Bisexual

Dunno.

My cynical side thinks "So, the blonde dude has a chance then.".

joined Apr 30, 2020

https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/anime-news/2021/01/21/saki-manga-creator-confirms-pink-haired-nodoka-haramura-is-lgbt

Saki Manga Creator Confirms Pink-Haired Nodoka Haramura is Bisexual

Dunno.

My cynical side thinks "So, the blonde dude has a chance then.".

I don't think Ritz even remembers the male characters at all.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Good to see Achiga: Saki-hen sidestory reliably continued.

I don't think Ritz even remembers the male characters at all.

Someone's gotta make the tacos ...

Gallery-cg15
joined Aug 12, 2019

That's a huge pair, the tiles I mean.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Not to be indiscreet, but it seems to me the fact that only girls can play the best mahjong in the future and the fact that they never wear panties is connected! Clearly, panties block the source of their mahjong power, which would explain why boys can't utilize it. We had Miyanaga-san, a top mahjong player, check all the girls to make sure that none of them, in fact, wore any undergarments, and our conclusion was that she's very cute when all she can do is blush and stammer.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017
F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh My GOOOOOOOOOD there were several chapters where I said "Lol Ritz doesn't care to hide it anymore XD" but this time... is like, there was no doubt in her heart anymore, she went all out and poured her soul into these angle- ...chapter. Ah! the game? yeah that's gonna be interesting too.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ya, that was just ... "hm, what pose would be appropriate for a completely random chatter panel? Let's see, have the shortest skirt possible and bend her over and put the view behind and below, yeah, that makes sense ..."

joined Oct 2, 2021

So, umm, where are the panties?

To reply you must either login or sign up.