Forum › Citrus discussion

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

I DON'T CARE IF ITS RUSHED! I'M JUST HAPPY WITH THE ENDING! CRIES IN HAPPY TEARS Now Saburo can start the spin off with Harumi and Matsuri~

joined Jul 31, 2013

Lol. I fell off Citrus, read this chapter after skipping like 30, and Mei seems to be exactly the same character as ever. Come on Saburouta.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I've been thinking about the ending and it feels very similar to Love Live Sunshine's KanaMari.

Spoilers for Sunshine: A case where a person loves the other too much. Kanan/Mei sacrificed their own happiness for the sake of Mari/Yuzu's other opportunities at happiness but clearly not communicating the intent while also failing to realize that the other did not want that.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Mei gets a wife by doing absolutely nothing The Series:

Complete.

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

this made me so happy! rushed or not, this had me (a 20 year old guy) squealing like a teenage girl XD aint nothin wrong with that lol!! they are doing what they want with their lives and surrounding themselves with people who love and support them! i dont understand what yall were expecting XD but i could not have asked for a better ending for these two girls!!

also, i was literally squealing at page 22 where matsuri is obviously making a dirty comment about yuzu's long nails XD [img]http://i66.tinypic.com/2rd7p06.jpg[/img]
priceless! cant wait for the spinoff! i need more of these characters especially matsuri XD

and a cute little detail i noticed: yuzu's middle school friends where at the wedding on the last page :') [img]http://i64.tinypic.com/2zyxu6p.jpg[/img]

also saborouta has drawn nsfw yuri before so maybe, just maybe she will give us a little somethin! i mean, after 5 years with this manga, i cant imagine she'd just completely drop the pairing, im hopeful

last edited at Aug 19, 2018 2:29AM

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

I can't believe it is over, the ending was a little rushed but nontheless I am glad it endend with the wedding I would loved to see more about yuzu and mei's daily life as lovers but I am glad I followed this manga since the very beggining :')

joined Nov 21, 2017

I can't believe they didn't have sex... I dont know how to feel, I'm happy about the end but I'm really pissed right now.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

OOF! couldn't ask for a better ending if I do say so myself.

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

So, in the end I got the happy ending that I wanted. Still, I can't help but feel slightly cheated about the whole thing.
This does feel all sorts of rushed, I wonder if I would have felt this way if Bloom had ended at chapter 34.

100% agree with this. What bothers me is how Sabu uses timeskips to avoid dealing with real hurdles, which, had the manga focused on earlier chapters methodically, would've made a much better read. Instead, the causes of cheap drama like love triangles and lack of communication lingered on over the majority of the capters. It really seems like timeskip is Saburouta's nuclear solution to everything.

The story does give reasons for her to think all these factors would be a problem, but the fact that NONE of the problems turn out to be real really decrease her credibility as a character.

And this. I must say the author ruined Mei's character royally. She had so much potential to shine during earlier chapters (and especially after Ch 24), the way she turned out is a letdown of epic proportions.

joined Apr 18, 2018

The ending was great because it's what people would dream off to happen in a yuri manga but the route leading to that in Citrus is honestly, just utterly disappointing. The story is filled with absolutely pointless drama on the way, and everything was magically fixed before the ending panel, in this single fucking last chapter. If you don't wanna scrap the shit, then why bother doing it in the first place? The only good character are Yuzu and Harumin, they should've been together instead. Mei is just a complete and utter abomination that isn't at all developed and deserved a ton of slaps in the face for her stupidity. In the end, Citrus is just overhyped and should've ended a long time ago but of course, some people just loves inserting some shitty drama in their work just because in an attempt to drag it to oblivion. If anything, all Citrus got going for it is the great art at least. That's one of its best points, would've been the only positivity, if it wasn't for the existence of Harumin.

Picsart_05-15-11.56.08%20(2)
joined Jun 17, 2018

I feel like I'm in love again * tears of joy * thank you so much :)

joined Jun 18, 2018

Even though it's a happy ending, but it's not the destination that counts, it's the journey. But then again if their journey is still more unnecessary drama and angst just for the sake of drama and angst, then I'm kinda(?) glad for the time skip and rushed ending lol. The author is just not good in writing a good drama where the pov is not heavily focused on just one character.

Anyway, I can't wait for the spinoff!

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

So, in the end I got the happy ending that I wanted. Still, I can't help but feel slightly cheated about the whole thing.
This does feel all sorts of rushed, I wonder if I would have felt this way if Bloom had ended at chapter 34.

100% agree with this. What bothers me is how Sabu uses timeskips to avoid dealing with real hurdles, which, had the manga focused on earlier chapters methodically, would've made a much better read. Instead, the causes of cheap drama like love triangles and lack of communication lingered on over the majority of the capters. It really seems like timeskip is Saburouta's nuclear solution to everything.

The story does give reasons for her to think all these factors would be a problem, but the fact that NONE of the problems turn out to be real really decrease her credibility as a character.

And this. I must say the author ruined Mei's character royally. She had so much potential to shine during earlier chapters (and especially after Ch 24), the way she turned out is a letdown of epic proportions.

The way I look at it is Hotaru from NTR and Mel fill the same space in terms of a charater that is redeemed near or at the end. Except Hotaru really did get developed heavly and even reverted to her true personallity at the end. Hotaru sends the message that sometimes you create the monster that makes your life more difficult. Mel had no setup for her actions she just kinda did stuff with no real reason to. We know from the first chapters that her net worth is fairly high so it wasnt for money. Mel is very aware of the mutual love so its not because she thinks she is holding Yuzu down. Mel was even given what is basically full controll of her own life so theres noone telling her to not be gay. How was there even drama in the firstplace? What kind of message does Mel send? If you have money, a lover, and full controll of your future dont go off and marry some random guy with less money then you.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

So here we are at last, at the end. I knew there'd be salt here, but honestly I'm fine with this. Citrus has always been a story that suddenly conjured up abrupt obstacles, and just as abruptly solved them, and this final chapter is in perfect tonal harmony with that history. They're together and happy now, and that's what matters. Looking forward to seeing what Plus may bring - hopefully some happy no-drama couple moments. Wouldn't that be nice.

Thank you very much, both Yuri Project and Chaosteam, for your many years of effort.

last edited at Aug 19, 2018 3:22AM

joined Jun 17, 2018

The ending was like a blessing

joined Jun 17, 2018

This is one of the best yuri manga of the best yuri manga no wait ... Let me rephrase that ... It is is the BEST OF THE BEST !!!!

joined Jun 17, 2018

This is one of the best yuri manga of the best yuri manga no wait ... Let me rephrase that ... It is is the BEST OF THE BEST !!!!

THANK YOU SABUROUTA !!!!

0iksfco
joined Apr 27, 2017

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~ That's all aI can say.

Sdssdsssdsmaller
joined Jun 4, 2018

I can't believe they didn't have sex... I dont know how to feel, I'm happy about the end but I'm really pissed right now.

literally effing me! I was waiting for that since I started reading Citrus.

Kinda disappointed with the rushed ending (I know, sounds like a broken record by now) but the manga deserved to be longer. The drama at the end needed more than 2 chapters to be solved logically and properly. I wish it was more heartfelt and emotional. It was too soon. :/

26994326_2078073929078257_7549295234998882413_n
joined Jan 28, 2018

Looking at Mei: You might deserve happiness, but don't deserve Yuzu

Can I get Mei all to myself! I love her as much as Yuzu.

Bbffd6f9-e024-430e-b9b5-d5dbad1aed96
joined Aug 19, 2018

Loved the story, ending was a little bit rushed but overall got crying and squealing with happiness. Lol I thought I was at the wedding myself

Img_0348
joined Jun 7, 2017

Lmao, someone wanted to be done with this story. Mei was basically dragged kicking and screaming into a real relationship.

But we got a proposal, and even two wedding dresses. Well it’s over and I am overall glad I read it.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

yay the drama ended! and so quickly ololol
I wish for some spin-off for Matsuri. some more boring angst series )))

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Citrus stayed true to its Shoujo roots(marriage in the last chapter), eh? . I loooveee this series and although the ending was rushed, all's well that ends well!

joined Apr 7, 2016

Rushed ending, but you can tell Saburouta wanted to be done with this. Don't blame them. I'd be pretty fed up if I had to work on the same project for...what, 5 years?

I'm disappointed we didn't get the outcome that a lot of us were hoping for (i.e. Yuzu doesn't chase after Mei and instead Mei has to chase after Yuzu later, Yuzu develops more independence, Mei grows a backbone, etc.), but I'm also really relieved we're done.

I'm not going to get into details since that would take up an entire page of comments, so I'll just summarize my overall feelings for the series: it's okay. It's not well-written, the main characters don't really develop at all, conflict is always repetitive, and there are lots of cringey moments. That being said, Citrus is worth a read, and I think every yuri fan should read it at least once. The art is fantastic, the supporting cast is great, and there are lots of cute and fluffy moments.

Hopefully, SU's next work will have more coherency and will be written better.

To reply you must either login or sign up.