Forum › Just Waiting for Spring / Summer Ends discussion

joined Sep 11, 2014

To think that the one-shot with het is better than the pure yuri ones... Canno is really something. Either that or Canno's getting better.

Also, if you're here to know what wins at the end, it's yuri

last edited at Jul 30, 2016 10:30PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Canno's writing is pretty jank-inconsistent in quality, but noticing that simpler/concise stories usually go well.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I approve of that young man.

joined Aug 19, 2012

not alot of discussion here

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

I'm totally okay with het in my yuri, as long as it's not endgame. Also, it's Canno. If people here haven't learned to trust Canno by now... Well, I dunno.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

ooooh man the archetypal "queer person falls for straight person that's in love with another straight person" thing got flipped onto its ass. I managed to empathize with the straight male character for once. that was refreshing

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Interesting perspective.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm kinda sad that Takumi got rejected. He's such a bro...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I liked how supportive he was, that he didn't question her love for another girl, took it seriously, even when she herself didn't admit to it. I feel like we often see the male character in denial, banalizing and ridiculing the girl's feelings, so it was nice. It was bittersweet. He's a really good bro
Oh, it low key went against the stereotypes of opposite gender best friends falling in love and dating. Low key cus well, yuri, incompatible sexual orientations. But good enough. It makes me roll my eyes, when in fiction, two ppl are really good friends, but because they're opposite gender's, they'll obviously date.
And the extra artwork at the end, not my favourite character/story, but definitely my favourite character design/art piece

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 12:56AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I really hope Canno's works sell well. I think I'll buy a bunch after settling in at my new job.

Having said that, I'd really like to read a story about a senpai/kouhai couple and their managing to stay together after one goes to university and the other stays behind.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

dude looks just like the main char of yuri danshi

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Having said that, I'd really like to read a story about a senpai/kouhai couple and their managing to stay together after one goes to university and the other stays behind.

All I can think of rn, is Seina and Miki from KSotR, and the third drama CD, that I haven't listened to yet.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Canno's writing is pretty jank-inconsistent in quality, but noticing that simpler/concise stories usually go well.

So I'm not the only one who thinks like that about Canno's writing. Yay!

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 5:07AM

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

I was rooting for het in this one. You can shoot me >.<

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I was rooting for het in this one. You can shoot me >.<

Seize that heretic at once!

But yeah, for Canno's only male character, it's a pretty good one. :þ I kinda wish we knew what Senpai's answer was, though.

I also wish we had some stories from Nega and Kawauchi in the compilation. =[ Did those two even go professional like Canno?

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 6:48AM

Profile_ing
joined Sep 20, 2014

Of course the one passable work of Canno's centres around a straight boy. But boy, is he a good boy. Such a good boy!

The love Suzune felt for her sempai actually feels tangible in this one. Dunno, maybe it just grounds their work better, when they're writing about actual people in supposedly the real world. Not that lesbians are magical or something, just that setting the story in a world populated by various genders and sexual orientations makes it far more believable than your typical girl's school full of lezzies.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

My god, a story where the guy isn't a complete dickhead!

Karhu2
joined Aug 27, 2013

In my first readtrought I didn't notice the het tag. As a yuri only story this was average, realising that MC was a man makes the story flow much better.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Did you seriously think that Takumi was a girl at first? ò.Ô

joined Oct 4, 2015

…Did you seriously think that Takumi was a girl at first? ò.Ô

<.< I had to check twice to make sure he wasn't just a boyish girl.

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 1:43PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it me, or does Takumi resemble the dude from Yuri Danshi?

joined Aug 11, 2014

I just assumed Takumi was a girl at first because it's a yuri collection, and the rest of Canno's stuff that I've read have all starred girls. I was like, "Huh, she's pretty tall." Or "She's pretty androgynous in general, isn't she? Cool!" And even "Is she wearing trousers with her uniform? Wait, isn't that actually the boys' uniform? Why would a girl be wearing it? Is it going to be a character thing?" Took me fully half of the story before I even realised it might just be a guy. Whoops.

Anyway, like a lot of Canno stories, it was a pretty interesting setup, but didn't really go anywhere. I get the feeling Canno really likes making up new characters and new scenarios, but starts to drag when it comes to actually following through on those characters with stories and events.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The guy was pretty, androgynous. Sorry, I meant pretty androgynous. I actually thought it was a family name, which it can be, vs. a boy's name, which it also is, at first. Canno has a lot in common with Kodama Naoko. Really addicted to the Hurt + Comfort thing.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wow, that was amezing like always!
Most of the time, i don't like the boy in the girl/girl/boy love triangle but this dude was really nice and i feel kinda sorry for him?..

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Takumi is best bro, hope he finds a girl for him one day, dude deserves it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.