Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Screen%20shot%202019-05-23%20at%207.55.53%20pm
joined Jun 11, 2016

Man I've been scrolling through my old posts on this site since 2016 and I'm just thinking.

Wow

I've heard stories about people being "raised" on sites like 4chan or Tumblr (as in they spent their younger years chatting on those sites) and I've realized....That kinda happened with me and this site.

It just feels like so much has happened to me during my time here. I've gotten into so many discussions. Both fruitful and fruitless, some lasting for only some time and others lasting for multiple days (or even more). I've made so many wonderful friends, some of which I still talk with to this day and others not so much. I used to be extremely active on here during my days in high-school and that's because I never really had friends irl during that time (not that do nowadays with what's going on in the world LOL), I always felt like I was in a completely different world from other kids while there. But here? I felt like I was at home here, like I found people to talk with about this....Niche thing? Idk if I'd call Yuri niche. I haven't checked out the Yuri scene in a while. I guess it isn't so niche now cause Bloom into You was a smash hit right? Though I guess subtext and queer baiting will still be a thing.

And don't even get me started with the discord which my time on has been just as, if not more, hectic. Being on there, just like here, was like flipping a coin. Sometimes I'd have such a fun and wonderful time that my day or even week would be improved.....And other times it'd be a convo that'd completely ruin my day or week.

I guess that's just how the internet in general is like yeah? Hell you could say that's what life in general is like.

Idk what I'm saying anymore. I'm just reflecting on the time I've had on this site....this community. I really have no clue how I'm even perceived by people on here. Am I just some dumb cringey kid who doesn't know what he's talking about? Am I a goofball who's love for Yuri is really cute to see?

2016-2018 me would've especially been interested in knowing the answer but now? I'm am interested sure but like, not really all that much.

I guess I kinda just wanna say thank you to ya'll. Thanks for being the first community that I truly felt like I was apart of. While yes some (keyword: SOME) of the people I've encountered here (and the discord) were some of the worst people I've ever met in my life. I also managed to find some of the best people I've ever met in my life on here. And again this loops back to "That's what life in general is like".

Funnily enough nowadays I don't really read Yuri manga anymore. I get all the Yuri fix I need from HoloEN. But I'll still read a one shot or doujin every now and then and I def (try to) keep up with the images that are uploaded here.

But uh yeah that's enough of my....whatever this is....

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

While yes some (keyword: SOME) of the people I've encountered here (and the discord) were some of the worst people I've ever met in my life.

It's me, isn't it? You're talking about me.

In all seriousness though, my story is pretty similar to yours. I think it's just nice to find a place where you can be more of who you are without worrying so much about being ostracized. Honestly, my time here has helped me grow as a person significantly, and I have all the great people I've met here to credit for that. And all the dumb mistakes I've made along the way. Those too.

What I'm trying to say is thanks, everyone, for letting a goober like me stick around. You all mean a lot to me, and while I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to claim you as friends, I'm quite fond of you all.

Except for a certain someone...

You know who you are.

Joking. Y'all are great.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

hello all, long time no see.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^now i shall slink back off into the shadows, only to resurface again after a long break to utter a quiet hello

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

When I get to GameStop again I'm planning on preordering Blue Reflection: Second Light. I'll give everyone a summary of the yuri content once I get it in November.

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

SushiKnight posted:

Except for a certain someone...

You know who you are.

It's me, isn't it? You're talking about me.

I've learned a lot about chatting, discussions, interpretations and people here... I miss Nez chan, I really REALLY respect Pekoe, I have a crush on the personalities of some people here (and their avatars), and I'm touched every time a new person finds this Dynasty isle in the sea of internet, it's salvation for some! You've come to the holy land! but not everything is pure and shiny, but even with the best and the worse parts of it, I truly love yuri and the community.

But I blame this site for my sickness, the shipping sickness... Now I get pitifully mad when a fanart or canon content shows a "wrong" ship and sad when the "true" ships doesn't get a fair exposure.

But I won't check my old posts. I have a trauma! there was a game I used to play online a lot, after moving on from it, years later I found out that the game was shutting down so I went back to try it one last time, my account was still active and even my forum post in their site.... and when I saw those messages..... Jesus, it was a horrible case of 15yo super cringe chuunibyou with AWFUL writing, it made me think "oh Thanks God this game is closing forever!" that dark past had to be deleted from the internet!
Move forward, never look back!

last edited at Oct 4, 2021 11:26PM

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ouch.... My yuri heart was broken, I was reading a Chinese yuri comic, really cute all around (except the bullying which is pretty much a given with manwhua and schools) called Almost Friends (The rabbit that refuses to be friends with the fox) and then by chapter 23 when the 2 main girls were getting super close and right after a big breaking point, the translator announces that the story isn't actually yuri, it was wrongly tagged and advertised that way...and right in that chapter one of the protagonist encourages the other to go out with a guy who was kind to her once.

wow... I was speechless.

The story is very cute but after that bait and switch so sudden I had to step away...

Venatto-1326362057797611520-20201111_031211-img4
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ouch.... My yuri heart was broken, I was reading a Chinese yuri comic, really cute all around (except the bullying which is pretty much a given with manwhua and schools) called Almost Friends (The rabbit that refuses to be friends with the fox) and then by chapter 23 when the 2 main girls were getting super close and right after a big breaking point, the translator announces that the story isn't actually yuri, it was wrongly tagged and advertised that way...and right in that chapter one of the protagonist encourages the other to go out with a guy who was kind to her once.

wow... I was speechless.

The story is very cute but after that bait and switch so sudden I had to step away...

Wow, so the story was advertised as being yuri but ended up being bait-and-switch? Now that's scummy.

OrangePekoe Staff
Screenshot_1244
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh, I missed the big love fest. Love all of you too, thanks for behaving for me! mostly

kormi posted:

I'm very happy to share a home with two cats. They're the best.

i am very jealous Opekoe sobsob.. i had like a home with 3 cats but one of them died, the other went missing and now i only have one

well excuse my trauma, how are your cats? what breeds are they? how old are they? (this makes me feel like im interrogating you as a cat investigator)
i want your cats give me

Oh. Sorry I'm so bad at replying. I'm sorry about your cats, that's rough. One time after we had moved for a few months our tabby went missing for three days, and I really thought he was gone forever. It was tough, he's my bestie and I really don't know what I'd without him.

They're Gus and Shawn. Gus is a tabby and Shawn has long black hair. They're really great! They're 7 this year. They were raised by their mom in our barn and when we moved we took them along, cos they were the only ones left. They really hate moving a lot, but they're just the best little things after it's through. Saving up all my money to buy a mansion for them soon. Wish me luck!

Serenata posted:

I've learned a lot about chatting, discussions, interpretations and people here... I miss Nez chan, I really REALLY respect Pekoe, I have a crush on the personalities of some people here (and their avatars), and I'm touched every time a new person finds this Dynasty isle in the sea of internet, it's salvation for some! You've come to the holy land! but not everything is pure and shiny, but even with the best and the worse parts of it, I truly love yuri and the community.

But I blame this site for my sickness, the shipping sickness... Now I get pitifully mad when a fanart or canon content shows a "wrong" ship and sad when the "true" ships doesn't get a fair exposure.

But I won't check my old posts. I have a trauma! there was a game I used to play online a lot, after moving on from it, years later I found out that the game was shutting down so I went back to try it one last time, my account was still active and even my forum post in their site.... and when I saw those messages..... Jesus, it was a horrible case of 15yo super cringe chuunibyou with AWFUL writing, it made me think "oh Thanks God this game is closing forever!" that dark past had to be deleted from the internet!
Move forward, never look back!

Serenata! I'm so honored for your shout out! You know I have to read like every post nowadays. I always look forward to yours, oftentimes, you really brighten those dark days, and I'm eternally grateful you've given us so so much of your time and care over the years! I think your recent post in Kami Eshi definitely belongs in the hall of fame.

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 10:23PM

joined May 24, 2014

Halloween Kills is out

All Hail Michael Meyers, the one and true BOOGEYMAN!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Random venting:

A month or so ago, I posted a message on reddit looking to hire an artist to draw a six-page Mokou x Kaguya fan art manga. It's a tricky business when you do that because finding someone that way who can actually draw worth a damn isn't easy.

But I found a guy! And we started working together. Was a solid collab. Got the storyboards all done, some rough sketching done...

...and then the radio silence started. Would go days without hearing from him. Progress was super slow. And he started mentioning how difficult it was, much more difficult than he expected.

Today, he bailed on me. Refunded my money, so at least he's honest and honorable. But now I'm back at square one and I am annoyed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.