Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Rune Factory 5 is finally out, and I'm hearing it has some problems. Considering how long I've been waiting for this game I don't know whether to get it and just live with whatever they may be or skip it.

I saw a video and the framerate is pretty bad, and it stuttered or outright froze for a moment during combat with very, very little on screen. Even the trailer on the eShop looked choppy, which doesn't exactly give me confidence. I also heard something about crops falling into place from the sky when you load into your farm, which certainly seems like a bad sign in regards to the overall quality. I'm worried how deep it goes beyond just FPS issues...

Does anyone else have the game? And if so is there anything in particular you've noticed? I'm tempted to get it anyways, because the main appeal of the series is the characters, not the gameplay. (I don't know why they decided to change from a top-down perspective though. The pre-rendered backgrounds in the DS games were nice and it fits the genre's gameplay better anyways. Maybe they thought it would look too cheap?)

edit: on another note, I live in California, and have only left the state once in my life, so earthquakes to me are like "oh, another one huh?" I'm just young enough to have not experienced the last big one though, so I think I'm probably due for a catastrophic earthquake any day now.

On the other hand, hurricanes seem absolutely terrifying to me.

edit 2: Oh, also some earthquake pro-tips for the unaware:

Remember to stay away from windows (try to have your bed, especially the head of your bed, away from windows if you can), find something to duck and cover under immediately (curl up and cover the back of your neck to protect it), stay away from tall/heavy furniture, hanging objects or ceiling tiles, glass, basically anything that would be very bad to be near when it falls or breaks. And doorframes are remarkably stable, so that's one of the next best places to be if you absolutely can't find any cover. Cabinets and whatnot that won't just open up and let all your dishes and stuff fall out are also a good investment.

Other than that it's mostly just the standard emergency stuff.

(Disclaimer: it's been like 20 years since my last earthquake preparedness drill, there's probably stuff people have thought of since then, but this should be a good baseline. And for all I know there might be region-specific things to know about as well, so don't take all this as a comprehensive guide.)

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 11:07PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I found some great manga!

From the creator of Ayakashiko about 2 "contract" sisters, the yuri is undeniable https://mangadex.org/title/e3fa25bc-23eb-46c3-af17-36ec9200456e/keiyaku-shimai it might end up in dynasty even if I don't share it XP

This second one is RAW but wooow what a nice (a bit generic?) start, basically Girl meets Girl and then Super power happens !!! a bit ecchi https://4uview.com/1930/ looks fantastic with drama and fantasy but not isekai

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I found some great manga!

From the creator of Ayakashiko about 2 "contract" sisters, the yuri is undeniable https://mangadex.org/title/e3fa25bc-23eb-46c3-af17-36ec9200456e/keiyaku-shimai it might end up in dynasty even if I don't share it XP

Oh, looking good! Thanks for the rec!
And indeed there's no denying the genre. The Indonesian translator is Luminous TL, who are a little particular about the manga they pick. In fact, their motto is: "Yuri shall bless the world!"

joined Apr 6, 2019

And indeed there's no denying the genre.

I'd say. Sato-san, when she first met Aoyama, was sunken in dark depression because, I quote, "her favorite yuri manga had just been axed."

Then she saw Aoyama, it was love at first sight and the depression went flying out of the window.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Anyone else amused by how the Dynasty readership is mostly "yeah we gay, keep scrolling" (of all genders) and then there's the occasional out of the closet straight guy who gets ignored hard

Edit: About earthquakes, I'm Californian as well AND know a bit about stick framing. Door frames are stable due to usually being in corners on top of having to have extra studs for the frame - meaning you have triple the column support, plus a horizontal brace in the form of the top of it. If the door frame leads to the outside there should be even more additional horizontal studs as exterior walls are required to have them. Plus it's an easy task for rescuers to grab you from your front door if it collapses. Just make sure to avoid things that shatter upon vibrations or that are likely to fall on you.

Edit2: This doesn't apply for super old buildings or concrete buildings as they're not stick framed, but most places that have such construction barely ever get hit by earthquakes. The concrete without sufficient rebar construction was the reason the Southern China earthquake screwed them up.

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 1:45PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Anyone else amused by how the Dynasty readership is mostly "yeah we gay, keep scrolling" (of all genders) and then there's the occasional out of the closet straight guy who gets ignored hard

FWIW I don't think this applies as much to people who are regulars on the forums. I can think of a handful of openly cishet guys that are pretty active in conversations.

It's also worth noting that there's also a fairly significant discrepancy between the demographics of Dynasty's users and forumers. IIRC the last time someone did a poll cishet male respondents made up a bit over half the overall results but less than half of active forum users.

I don't know if that would still be true today, and it was, of course, completely optional to do, but it was announced on the home page so it's probably fairly accurate.

edit: I just heard a story about a statue in Lima with a llama on its head...

It's true.

last edited at Apr 15, 2022 6:08PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

GIRL NO! don't hold your phone like that! It's bad for your wrist

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Okay well, I just finished watching Arcane and...

...was that the ending? It was only 9 episodes right? I'm not missing something? I mean, it's not a cliffhanger, per se, but... I don't know. Kind of an odd way to end it. Is there a season 2 in the works that will somehow pick up from here?

edit: Is the show just backstory leading to the video game's lore or something? Because I don't like league and have absolutely no interest in playing it, much less learning about the lore. I was kind of under the impression that the show was wholly self-contained until now.

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 9:03PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yes s2 confirmed but don't expect a release anytime soon, they're going to prioritize quality

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Yes s2 confirmed but don't expect a release anytime soon, they're going to prioritize quality

Any idea if it's going to pick up where S1 left off or is it like "well, we advertised those heroes, on to the next few"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SushiKnight posted:

Any idea if it's going to pick up where S1 left off or is it like "well, we advertised those heroes, on to the next few"

Don't worry they will keep going in the same direction, in fact you can hear their voices in the official announcement of the part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu9HTOIUxLk (only voices btw, there's no trailer or pictures or anything out there yet so don't trust any clickbait sources).

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

SushiKnight posted:

Don't worry they will keep going in the same direction, in fact you can hear their voices in the official announcement of the part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu9HTOIUxLk (only voices btw, there's no trailer or pictures or anything out there yet so don't trust any clickbait sources).

That's a relief. It felt like there was a lot left unresolved, so I was worried I would need to go learn things about league now ...and as a dota fan, that would be a fate worse than death. :P

The pacing felt too quick at times, but I think that had more to do with how many characters they were jumping between compared to how many episodes they had in which to do everything. I hope they keep it a bit more focused in S2, though I'm not sure how they'd do that without just bumping some characters off.

Overall though? Very good show. The animation and voice acting were superb. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched already.

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

at least we have one true yuri anime this season with "the executioner and her way of life". it's a good time to be alive but I'm ready for all the physical manga releases. (also first post glad to be here)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hey! welcome, nice profile picture

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

Hey! welcome, nice profile picture

same to you school zone girls is so good rn can't wait for more chapters. We are finally getting some more text and it feels like such a natural development in their relationship.

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 2:16AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The pacing felt too quick at times, but I think that had more to do with how many characters they were jumping between compared to how many episodes they had in which to do everything. I hope they keep it a bit more focused in S2, though I'm not sure how they'd do that without just bumping some characters off.

Overall though? Very good show. The animation and voice acting were superb. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched already.

I watched Arcane quite recently as well. I agree that some things felt a bit rushed/jumbled and, surprisingly, I didn't care much about Vi and Caitlyn's relationship, but the animation was indeed exceptionally good, both in regards to body movement and facial expressions (especially the latter was way beyond my expectations). The character designs and backgrounds were quite interesting and the direction and shot composition was also notable.

If I have one complaint, it's that the opening should have been longer, cause it was way too cool (both song and visuals). That, and the amount of screentime that annoying Jayce got.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well this is ... interesting lol
I found a work that's going to be adapted to manga, it's about Maria Antoinette but uuhh... she becomes super fit and starts a revolution with her muscles or something? XDDD it's called POWER ANTOINETTE https://twitter.com/konatsu_GA/status/1320656817639227392

I found some character desing https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/C_Chat/M.1603781408.A.DC8.html
And the entry in MD (at the moment of posting, there's no chapter to read) https://mangadex.org/title/4ca469a9-65f3-462e-9155-f067145cefa8/power-antoinette

Sooo... wow lo/

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 6:52PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^"Let them lift cake" o3o

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

yeah pretty much! and I didn't want to go as far as to suggest yuri or subtext but... there are other 3 girls, just saying.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

there are other 3 girls, just saying.

How the mind of a yuri shipper works XD

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's Out!!! https://mangadex.org/chapter/3086f58e-64a3-4220-aefe-e87ff5968e5a/1

"It is as I always say; if one has no bread, them let them pump iron"

Edit: Omg I can't stop laughing XD page 37 is too much

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 10:01AM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

That was great. Also lets me add to my list of historical figures that’ve been turned into femboys in manga. It’s longer than you’d think.

joined Jan 6, 2017

This is one of the grossest manga I've ever seen

add to list

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Bonne journée internationale des travailleurs à tous! ♡

To reply you must either login or sign up.