Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ouch.... My yuri heart was broken, I was reading a Chinese yuri comic, really cute all around (except the bullying which is pretty much a given with manwhua and schools) called Almost Friends (The rabbit that refuses to be friends with the fox) and then by chapter 23 when the 2 main girls were getting super close and right after a big breaking point, the translator announces that the story isn't actually yuri, it was wrongly tagged and advertised that way...and right in that chapter one of the protagonist encourages the other to go out with a guy who was kind to her once.

wow... I was speechless.

The story is very cute but after that bait and switch so sudden I had to step away...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ouch.... My yuri heart was broken, I was reading a Chinese yuri comic, really cute all around (except the bullying which is pretty much a given with manwhua and schools) called Almost Friends (The rabbit that refuses to be friends with the fox) and then by chapter 23 when the 2 main girls were getting super close and right after a big breaking point, the translator announces that the story isn't actually yuri, it was wrongly tagged and advertised that way...and right in that chapter one of the protagonist encourages the other to go out with a guy who was kind to her once.

wow... I was speechless.

The story is very cute but after that bait and switch so sudden I had to step away...

Wow, so the story was advertised as being yuri but ended up being bait-and-switch? Now that's scummy.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh, I missed the big love fest. Love all of you too, thanks for behaving for me! mostly

Serenata posted:

I've learned a lot about chatting, discussions, interpretations and people here... I miss Nez chan, I really REALLY respect Pekoe, I have a crush on the personalities of some people here (and their avatars), and I'm touched every time a new person finds this Dynasty isle in the sea of internet, it's salvation for some! You've come to the holy land! but not everything is pure and shiny, but even with the best and the worse parts of it, I truly love yuri and the community.

But I blame this site for my sickness, the shipping sickness... Now I get pitifully mad when a fanart or canon content shows a "wrong" ship and sad when the "true" ships doesn't get a fair exposure.

But I won't check my old posts. I have a trauma! there was a game I used to play online a lot, after moving on from it, years later I found out that the game was shutting down so I went back to try it one last time, my account was still active and even my forum post in their site.... and when I saw those messages..... Jesus, it was a horrible case of 15yo super cringe chuunibyou with AWFUL writing, it made me think "oh Thanks God this game is closing forever!" that dark past had to be deleted from the internet!
Move forward, never look back!

Serenata! I'm so honored for your shout out! You know I have to read like every post nowadays. I always look forward to yours, oftentimes, you really brighten those dark days, and I'm eternally grateful you've given us so so much of your time and care over the years! I think your recent post in Kami Eshi definitely belongs in the hall of fame.

last edited at Jul 26, 2022 8:23AM

joined May 24, 2014

Halloween Kills is out

All Hail Michael Meyers, the one and true BOOGEYMAN!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Random venting:

A month or so ago, I posted a message on reddit looking to hire an artist to draw a six-page Mokou x Kaguya fan art manga. It's a tricky business when you do that because finding someone that way who can actually draw worth a damn isn't easy.

But I found a guy! And we started working together. Was a solid collab. Got the storyboards all done, some rough sketching done...

...and then the radio silence started. Would go days without hearing from him. Progress was super slow. And he started mentioning how difficult it was, much more difficult than he expected.

Today, he bailed on me. Refunded my money, so at least he's honest and honorable. But now I'm back at square one and I am annoyed.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wuuuuuuooohh I found this new yuri work ! It's a RAW called Shimekiri Mae Ni Yuri ga Hakadoru, not sure what the whole plot is but beside the really nice artwork and lewd scenes what's surprising is that this isn't your average "W-what is this feeling?" or "yaay we're all gay!" no this girl had a really really bad start! apparently she thought it would be okay to be open about it in highschool but she gets outed, humiliated, her parents are like the worse thing about the whole thing and when she thinks she can make a fresh start, she faces the reality of being alone and the police finds her.

What comes next is actually really nice but just the start was shocking, I think because we're used to being openly accepted or not having to worry about keeping it a secret because the friends are all cool about it, most yuris that actually touch this subject time skip the whole thing or just keep it in the past.

Link to the raw https://welovemanga.net/2265/ if you can't see the pages, try making an account first and then it might ask you if you're okay with mature content

last edited at Oct 28, 2021 8:09AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

So, I'm not a kdrama person. Not cos I have anything against them, I just don't really watch much tv. But recently I tried "My Name" on Netflix and...

It was like, super good? Lots of great characters. Super twisty and turny, and even when predictably so, it was often quite satisfying. Really dark at most of the right moments. It filled this hole in my heart that The Last of Us 2 left, in that it's basically the same story but it's actually good? I had some complaints sure, but it was thoroughly enjoyable throughout!

Only then...the last episode happened. You know. I could see it coming. I knew it was gonna happen. I knew good things don't really exist in this world. I got fooled again...It wasn't even bad in the way I expected (entirely), but it was still bad! A surprising kind of awful! The worst kind...

Spoilers: There's nothing here because my day is ruined and words cannot express my disappointment. Also there is bad het romance in the final episode. I'm so mad it threw away the genuinely interesting and complicated relationship it had built to focus on that of all things. My goodness. Also Park Hee-soon should win an Oscar or something. Choi Mu-jin is just pure style and fascination.

But still! If you happen to like strong ladies (in both character and action) who kick a lot of butt and don't mind bleak stories, consider giving it a shot! Sorry, there's no yuri here. Two girls barely even share a screen together, let along gaze longingly at each other...

last edited at Nov 4, 2021 12:27AM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well the Blue Reflection sequel is pretty good so far as of chapter 7/10. In addition to having options that let the protagonist Ao blatantly flirt with her classmates both Rena and Yuki are canon lesbian as seen in there heartscapes after they regain their memory. Also the parts where you have Ao hangout with her classmates are called dates.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I love that the manga I mentioned up there got translated so fast! not because I mention it (because it's really easy to find if you browse raw sites) but because it's really good!

Speaking of good, let's talk about something bad... It doesn't make sense, right? neither does the ending of the manga I just finished reading (the translation finished today too), I won't say the name because it's against the rules of the sites, it contains a slur and it was deleted not too long ago... "something heroine" by Tomiki Kou, it was the cliche teasing crossdressing in highschool scenario like if you take Prunus Girl but then say "Hey how about we have fun with the idea for a while with gags and romance teasing but then for the last volumes let's make most of the characters completely unlikable, resentful and depressed most of the times, let's make sure that no one would be happy after this no matter the approach you take!" and that's what I just saw in mangadex.

Maybe the previous group saw the ending and they were like "Yeah... nah" and drop it on the spot a couple of years ago, I am glad that the manga was deleted from this site, not just for the name but because it would've ruined everyone's day to read it.

By the way, I miss hachimitsu-scans, they had some really good works on their site, others were cliche (well not much you can do with one-shots) but I would like to keep reading works like that and see how they change with the times too.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well it looks like I'm again forced to change my computer's date because this site let its certificate expire.

Edit: Apparently it's been fixed. Please ignore this post.

last edited at Dec 16, 2021 12:47AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yaaaay, I finally get to play the Final Fantasy VII Remake on PC, because I don't own a PS4/5 (don't want one either) and couldn't get my ass up after putting it down to let my wife play it first when we borrowed one (game included) from a friend last year.
But holy F, 80€ for a PC game that's a year late is rough, as is the 98GB download.

joined Jan 6, 2017

But holy F, 80€ for a PC game that's a year late is rough, as is the 98GB download.

Yo ho intensifies

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm becoming toxic, I have 0 tags in the blacklist (by the way idk what the whitelist is for) but I tried to add one just now... and then I realized that shipping tags are not included in the list for blocking. This site helped me become a better person, to understand and accept others kindly...but not with ships !

Speaking of kindness, Orangepekoe I saw your reply to my post up there, long ago, I was very happy but couldn't respond because I was also very very embarrassed hahaha.

Sometimes you will all see me here all day saying silly things, some other times I might disappear for days or weeks for unknown reasons but I will always find my way back here like a second home, it's a little early but just in case I wish you all a merry Christmas and that you can rest and have a nice time, take care everyone! (just in case I'm not saying this because I'm leaving lol, you won't get ride of me that easily).

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Hey everyone!!! I'm home and I got a few things to share. I'm dum but also still pretty tired, so I don't feel like writing all that tomorrow.
Btw, sorry I didn't end up using discord...I uh...guess I'll share the reason why later.
Gosh, I miss my lesbiabs! Thank riot for Arcane tho. Oh and Leona X Diana too. Holy crap I literally traded Blizz for Riot, I downloaded Valorant and got back to
LoL(and tried the mobile version too).

Anyway, back to bed. Happy holidays and all that.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Like I was saying, not much happened, just normal stuff.
My mental issues definitely prevented me from doing a lot more stuff. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything tbh...
Ugh, I did develop a crush on someone but I'm not ready to open up to anyone yet. My brain is stupid.

Oh yeah, I had to sleep at the MSP airport for 3 days because of delays! Never travel with American airlines unless completely necessary. That was my story.

I haven't used discord for similar reasons, just mental crap. I'll start using it more now and snap and insta. O have to force myself to socialize. I WAS busy but definitely had enough time to chat haha.

Bought a PC (RIP wallet-kun) since it was really annoying to travel with the old one.

Anyway, I'm definitely not getting enough sleep. Chemistry is fun...I just hope I can get over this stupid anxiety that hits me every once in a while.

I tried a bunch of websites on campus before coming home and Dynasty isn't blocked. Looks like the only blocked sites are the hub and xvids. I even check a few pirate sites lol. The only other thing that's a no no is torrents/P2P.

joined May 9, 2016

After re-readig FLOWERS, specifically Printemps and Été, for the second time, I'm finally finished with Automne.

Let me put it this way in a relatively concise manner.

Printemps had crushed my soul into tiny shards and ripped my heart into thousands of bloody shreds.
Ete had made my soul whole again and mended my heart almost completely, even if some of the remaining scars were still aching.
...And Automne did those things multiple times over the course of 30 hours of me reading it.

What a masterpiece. Shimizu Hatsumi had absolutely outdid herself, and went above and beyond with deep, nuanced characterizations and painfully intimate introspections. I bow down in pure awe.

PSA: Even if the humankind and all of its' legacy will fall due to all-out nuclear war or massive CME hitting the Earth...Chidorika must be protected no matter the cost. One cannot, in good conscience, objectively and logically prove that there's anything more worthy of preserving in the observable universe.

Honestly, one of the most emotionally big moments for me was something as small as Erika encouraging Yuzu before the choir recital (while probably reminiscing about her very own special performance). It was as if she was talking directly to me, so deeply I was engrossed in Yuzuriha's inner world. It felt like an astonishingly intense surge of warmth, a blindingly powerful wave of bliss and exaltation was shivering through my whole body at this moment, with the aftershock that had been lingering for a few minutes. Sounds a bit much, probably, but I don't know how else to put those sensations into words without relying on dramatics. I myself was genuinely taken aback by sheer rawness of this experience.

Honestly, what the actual fuck is this game as a whole even.

last edited at Jan 16, 2022 11:44PM

joined May 9, 2016

Did I miss something? When did MyAnimeList.com merge 'yuri' and 'shoujo ai' tags into 'GL'? When I was using it about half a year ago, everything was the same as before in that regard.

Alright, gotta congratulate the "mainstream" part of Western yuri community with the achievement of this truly incredible milestone. /s

On a serious note, while I'd prefer for them to just leave 'yuri' and remove everything else, I still much appreciate the removal of infamous 'shoujo ai'. So, it's not really a complaint. Hopefully, other large anime/manga DBs/aggregators will follow the suit.

last edited at Jan 17, 2022 11:12PM

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

After re-readig FLOWERS, specifically Printemps and Été, for the second time, I'm finally finished with Automne.

Let me put it this way in a relatively concise manner.

Printemps had crushed my soul into tiny shards and ripped my heart into thousands of bloody shreds.
Ete had made my soul whole again and mended my heart almost completely, even if some of the remaining scars were still aching.
...And Automne did those things multiple times over the course of 30 hours of me reading it.

What a masterpiece. Shimizu Hatsumi had absolutely outdid herself, and went above and beyond with deep, nuanced characterizations and painfully intimate introspections. I bow down in pure awe.

PSA: Even if the humankind and all of its' legacy will fall due to all-out nuclear war or massive CME hitting the Earth...Chidorika must be protected no matter the cost. One cannot, in good conscience, objectively and logically prove that there's anything more worthy of preserving in the observable universe.

Honestly, one of the most emotionally big moments for me was something as small as Erika encouraging Yuzu before the choir recital (while probably reminiscing about her very own special performance). It was as if she was talking directly to me, so deeply I was engrossed in Yuzuriha's inner world. It felt like an astonishingly intense surge of warmth, a blindingly powerful wave of bliss and exaltation was shivering through my whole body at this moment, with the aftershock that had been lingering for a few minutes. Sounds a bit much, probably, but I don't know how else to put those sensations into words without relying on dramatics. I myself was genuinely taken aback by sheer rawness of this experience.

Honestly, what the actual fuck is this game as a whole even.

Yes, someone who has experienced the bliss and pain of the FLOWERS series! I am so glad to see someone who appreciates these outstanding works! Hiver cannnot come soon enough, so we may finally be rid of the eternal cliffhanger of Printemps~

EriChido/Chidorika (honestly the order seems neary irrelevant for these two, they are on equal footing) is the wholesome and perfect relationship in a drama series that you would not expect to last, but shockingly (and to my great delight) they stick around for the other chapters and are a stable and gratifying presence that tells us, yes, relationships can work out and don't require immense sacrifices all the time (looking at you Yuzuriha).

This may be entirely shameless on my part, but I created a thread specifically for Yuri Visual Novel recommendations. I listed the FLOWERS series, naturally, but if you would take the time to write a proper recommendation for them I would be infinitely grateful. Do not worry about structure or anything, just your own words would be more than enough. Though please do not feel obliged to indulge me.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/19616-yuri-visual-novel-recommendation-thread

joined May 9, 2016

Yes, someone who has experienced the bliss and pain of the FLOWERS series! I am so glad to see someone who appreciates these outstanding works! Hiver cannnot come soon enough, so we may finally be rid of the eternal cliffhanger of Printemps~

I'm not sure how I'll survive until Hiver comes out this year (well, if it comes out this year, because no one can guarantee that; on one hand, the established release pattern indicates that JAST USA might make an announcement between April and June, and release the novel itself between July and late August; but on the other, with an ongoing pandemic their release schedule might be affected so much that it will change completely). The only thing that is currently saving me from the all-consuming anxiety about the finale of the series is a fact that my perfectly accurate and scientifically substantiated hypotheses and theories about the actual secret behind the final mystery of the academy and Mayuri's fate are telling me that everything will be...well, at least somewhat daijoubu.

EriChido/Chidorika (honestly the order seems neary irrelevant for these two, they are on equal footing) is the wholesome and perfect relationship in a drama series that you would not expect to last, but shockingly (and to my great delight) they stick around for the other chapters and are a stable and gratifying presence that tells us, yes, relationships can work out and don't require immense sacrifices all the time (looking at you Yuzuriha).

Aside from the fact that they completely steal a lot of scenes in which they appear, their presence is like the sunlight that shines through the dark clouds which are Yuzuriha's sorrowful brooding. Their relationship became her life-saving oasis in the desolate wasteland.

This may be entirely shameless on my part, but I created a thread specifically for Yuri Visual Novel recommendations. I listed the FLOWERS series, naturally, but if you would take the time to write a proper recommendation for them I would be infinitely grateful. Do not worry about structure or anything, just your own words would be more than enough. Though please do not feel obliged to indulge me.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/19616-yuri-visual-novel-recommendation-thread

Ah, thank you for invitation. I have a whole bunch of thoughts on the series which I want to pour out in some form, so I would really like to write a thorough recommendation. But writing long posts/texts in English can be a bit too draining to me, and I've been kinda low on energy lately, so I won't promise that I will do it in the near future. This comment on Reddit is the only substantial thing that I've managed to force out of myself, lol. On a side note, I would like to recommend a great review of Automne that I've found just yesterday. It perfectly incapsulates a lot of my own feelings.

last edited at Jan 19, 2022 6:27AM

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I'm not sure how I'll survive until Hiver comes out this year (well, if it comes out this year, because no one can guarantee that; on one hand, the established release pattern indicates that JAST USA might make an announcement between April and June, and release the novel itself between July and late August; but on the other, with an ongoing pandemic their release schedule might be affected so much that it will change completely). The only thing that is currently saving me from the all-consuming anxiety about the finale of the series is a fact that my perfectly accurate and scientifically substantiated hypotheses and theories about the actual secret behind the final mystery of the academy and Mayuri's fate are telling me that everything will be...well, at least somewhat daijoubu.

I indeed pray that this pattern will be kept intact. I may consider myself lucky to have read all three chapters relatively recently without having to wait. Hiver potentially coming out this year is a great boon as I cannot even imagine how peiople must have felt when they read Printemps right as it was released years ago.
As for the prediction, well, I cannot say. All I know and this is a spoiler within this spoiler field, is that I saw a picture of Mayuri and Suoh's sprites on the same screen, with Mayuri wearing the distinct winter uniform. So whatever truly transpired, it is all but a given that she will at least return to the school somehow.

Ah, thank you for invitation. I have a whole bunch of thoughts on the series which I want to pour out in some form, so I would really like to write a thorough recommendation. But writing long posts/texts in English can be a bit too draining to me, and I've been kinda low on energy lately, so I won't promise that I will do it in the near future. This comment on Reddit is the only substantial thing that I've managed to force out of myself, lol.

I wouldn't pressure you into writing a full-fledged essay of a review. Even just some simple thoughts like you gave in this thread would be appreciated. It would be wonderful if we could garner more interest for the series in any way. While I could write my own recommendation, I fear I have far too many other VNs to do it for and if I see someone who can wholeheartedly vouch for one of them in my stead it makes me happy.

On a side note, I would like to recommend a great review of Automne that I've found just yesterday. It perfectly incapsulates a lot of my own feelings.

That review is... passionate to say the least.

joined May 9, 2016

As for the prediction, well, I cannot say. All I know and this is a spoiler within this spoiler field, is that I saw a picture of Mayuri and Suoh's sprites on the same screen, with Mayuri wearing the distinct winter uniform. So whatever truly transpired, it is all but a given that she will at least return to the school somehow.

Yes, I'm kinda glad that I had "spoiled" myself about that by riskily reading some old archived threads on some random imageboard. (It wasn't as much of a direct spoiled as just someone asking "So, is she actually going to return in Hiver?" and someone replying to them "Yep, looks like she will be back".)

I wouldn't pressure you into writing a full-fledged essay of a review. Even just some simple thoughts like you gave in this thread would be appreciated. It would be wonderful if we could garner more interest for the series in any way. While I could write my own recommendation, I fear I have far too many other VNs to do it for and if I see someone who can wholeheartedly vouch for one of them in my stead it makes me happy.

Ah, don't worry, I feel no pressure, because I'd like to do it eventually. :) I feel blessed when a work of fiction moves and inspires me to such lengths as to write a free-form essay on it, especially if it's yuri, because, to be honest, even among the best yuri works there are only a select few of them that I consider also to be truly compelling literary/dramatic works.

edit:

I've only just realized what exactly the reliance upon European fairy tales as framing devices in Ete and Automne is heavily reminding me of. It's Liz to Aoi Tori, of course, but a couple years before Liz to Aoi Tori.

last edited at Jan 20, 2022 12:47AM

joined May 9, 2016

Attention all FLOWERS fans! I present to you...uh, well, this.

This is kinda hilarious. I mean, the pejorative itself is not, obviously. But I simply can't stop imagining Chidori moving like an actual plover bird in her leotard and ballet footwear.

But, seriously, Hatsumi, please don’t tell me that it was something unintentional, lol. I wouldn’t believe that for a second, especially considering that ‘bird talk’ between Chidori and Yuzuriha in the yellow route of Automne, which already contains a few rather gloomy references to the culture of homosexuality, starting from mentioning Yukio Mishima's most recognizable work multiple times and ending on quoting the ever famous “queerness doesn’t matter” line from “Oz”, which directly alludes to the “friend of Dorothy” euphemism.

upd: I reckon that it's probably better to create a separate forum thread for discussing the series as a whole (and for hibernating until the western release of Hiver will eventually come out) before I will eventually flood this topic with my obsessive comments.

last edited at Jan 23, 2022 1:38AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Banjo Man used Bardic Music!
It's super effective!
The Fox is Distracted!

Also snow leopards are animated plush toys, change my mind

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Once in a while, I have this weird realization of how big the Dynasty community actually is. It feels like there's just a few dozen people who regularly comment, to the point that unfamiliar user names jump out. But then I look at the list of Most Popular on the landing page, where some have over 20K views, and it makes me realize how many "silent" users there must be on this site. Makes me wonder what the ratio is for lurkers to active community participants.

Personally, I value the people I interact with on here. Don't always agree, but that's what makes it feel like a family.

To reply you must either login or sign up.