Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

It seems to me that it's heavily implied that he is the type to want to score and not an awkward in love guy x)

Sorry, but these are not facts. These are rumours. How many guys were there actually witnessing Kyung-Woo's championship? Ssamba puts quite a lot of attention to the rumours theme. Reread the beginning of chapter 23, for example, assuming you've never heard about Baek Seol-A and tell me what you think about her.

I think his attitude last chapter is evident he isn't very innocent. From the "tsk tsk" over Seol-a getting drunk to calling it "fucking embarrassing" after No-rae scolded him for using "shameless tactics" which obviously hit the nail on the head as he immediately admitted to himself that he was "found out." None of that is the personality of an awkward guy with a crush.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Considering he was eyeing her up since the start of the series I doubt he's the type that wants to "score". I think he's just supposed to be an awkward/creepy guy.

Guy A: His opponent is pretty strong but...Kyung-woo is also the champion of fucking. (small >text): Even though he looks completely innocent
Guy A: Once he makes up his mind, there hasn't been one girl who didn't fall for his plans. Fine, I bet 50,000 won he will.

It seems to me that it's heavily implied that he is the type to want to score and not an awkward in love guy x)

Sorry, but these are not facts. These are rumours. How many guys were there actually witnessing Kyung-Woo's championship? Ssamba puts quite a lot of attention to the rumours theme. Reread the beginning of chapter 23, for example, assuming you've never heard about Baek Seol-A and tell me what you think about her.

Sorry if It looked like I thought what I was saying was certain. I never though what I was saying were facts, just very likely.
I personally don't thinks we will be discovering that he has never been player and that his way of secluding girl and invite them to drink is just awkwardness. His "I've been found out" leave not much room for him being innocent. If he was just wanting to get close to her, having totally pure reason, I don't see why he would have said such a guilty line.

Again, I may be wrong and Ssamba might surprise me

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 3:31PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I think his attitude last chapter is evident he isn't very innocent. From the "tsk tsk" over Seol-a getting drunk to calling it "fucking embarrassing" after No-rae scolded him for using "shameless tactics" which obviously hit the nail on the head as he immediately admitted to himself that he was "found out." None of that is the personality of an awkward guy with a crush.

All of this is probably true but that doesn't mean he can't still be awkward.

I've once met a guy in college that was like this. He was unable to be in any sort of discussion and build a relationship with women but he still got laid. The women he slept with also did not like him sober either.

Edit: Most probably he's just a scorer, but you never know.

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 3:41PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I think his attitude last chapter is evident he isn't very innocent.

It neither proves that all he wants is to score and forget about her. Why make it so black-and-white? There's a huge range between being very innocent and absolutely despicable.

From the "tsk tsk" over Seol-a getting drunk to calling it "fucking embarrassing" after No-rae scolded him for using "shameless tactics" which obviously hit the nail on the head as he immediately admitted to himself that he was "found out."

I don't see how the "tsk tsk" is at all applicable here. To me that sounded perfectly normal for any person. Like "oh my". As for the "shameful tactics" and being embarrassed, again, it doesn't prove that all he wants is to score. The possibility that he likes Seol-A and wants to go out with her but relies on shameful tactics to make her his sounds quite likely and believable to me. Not saying that it's great, but I don't see how that makes him a monster or an absolute evil.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Well one difference is that kyung-woo is actively playing up his image. He wants people to think that he's a smooth ladies man. The rumors just feed his ego. Seol-a on the other hand obviously does not want to be gossiped about.

So for this reason I doubt he's an awkward kind of guy. He is a first year student trying to make himself the 'big man on campus' by catching the biggest fish in the pond, which is Seol-a.

joined Jan 31, 2015

I would like to bring to your attention the following.

Chapters 1 and 2 have been reuploaded.

Now with 50% shinier graphics, 400% more lens flare, and now, Seol-a's Ex shot first! (batted first?)

But seriously though, the reuped chapters are looking extremely sharp and clean now.

Good job and thanks to the whole team over at YP for your work!

By the way, one more thing,
I seem to notice that ssamba's drawing style has actually changed or evolved a bit over time.

Suddenly going back to chapter 1, you can really feel the difference. (Just me?)

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch01

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch02

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 9:05PM

joined Feb 12, 2015

If hes an innocent shy awkward guy or a smooth ladies man i still dont like him lol seolrae all the way! :) ..... thak u halmoni (ahjumma lol kidding) for the translate (_ _)

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 10:28PM

joined Feb 1, 2015

what happened to the ff thread in /u/ ? o.o
and i am also wondering why ch30 isn't uploaded in mediafire yet? i'm sorry for these questions. it's just that all i was able to read was halmoni's translation (thank god for it. halmoni, you are awesome. i am so thankful for the translations you provide us each week. godbless you! saranghae! ❤)

joined Jan 31, 2015

and i am also wondering why ch30 isn't uploaded in mediafire yet? [...]

For the latest thread, look for the Catalog link, find "Fluttering Feelings".

But going there is not necessarily the only nor best way to find the chapter.
If you want to read the chapter, just Google the most obvious keywords and you'll find it.
Something like: fluttering feelings raws chapter ##
It'll be within the first 2-3 hits.

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 1:01AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

takachi

I think his attitude last chapter is evident he isn't very innocent.

It neither proves that all he wants is to score and forget about her. Why make it so black-and-white? There's a huge range between being very innocent and absolutely despicable.

From the "tsk tsk" over Seol-a getting drunk to calling it "fucking embarrassing" after No-rae scolded him for using "shameless tactics" which obviously hit the nail on the head as he immediately admitted to himself that he was "found out."

I don't see how the "tsk tsk" is at all applicable here. To me that sounded perfectly normal for any person. Like "oh my". As for the "shameful tactics" and being embarrassed, again, it doesn't prove that all he wants is to score. The possibility that he likes Seol-A and wants to go out with her but relies on shameful tactics to make her his sounds quite likely and believable to me. Not saying that it's great, but I don't see how that makes him a monster or an absolute evil.

I kinda get at what you are saying but looking at how K-whateverhisnameis interacts with Seol-a tells me he really doesn't have her interests in his mind at all save for possibly only 2 moments. One very brief moment in the cafeteria where he thinks/says something like, "oh she looks happy" and then right now when she got totally shitfaced. Outside of that, he totally imposes on Seol-a nearly every chance he gets, never really giving her a lot of space (though it seems that guys almost always are doing that to her anyway). Also, most of the time she seems distracted, possibly distraught, and or trying to do her own thing and he seems to always be there for himself. The recent scene in the cafeteria, when she was clearly bothered by something between her and No-rae, should have been pretty obvious to pick up on but shows he really doesn't care too much about her. He goes on about a date to the movies instead of going, "hey everything cool between you and No-rae? She's your friend right? What's going on? You can talk to me about it." And if he really wanted to just get inside her pants, at least play up the goodie-too-shoes act a little more as he would have definitely gotten some brownie points out of it. (Just sayin.)

I mean, all he cared about was going on a date when Seol-a was showing clear signs of being distressed. This stuff only clicked with me when No-rae overheard those two guys talking and then him being vague about the convenience store pretty much was the aha! moment. I remember wondering why this guy constantly ignored an obviously troubled Seol-a on numerous occasions (judging by her facial expressions alone lol) but, now it all makes sense.

As for the "fucking embarrassing." Honestly, the only times I've ever heard guys react in a similar way was when they were found out to only be interested in fucking a girl and not actually trying to date her. "Maaan remember that gurl I was tellin you about? The one with the big titties I've been tryin ta fuck for the past month?? She figured me out. Fuuuuuck man so now I'm tryin a get at her friend hahaha." And if they did end up dating, 90% of the time he only cared about fucking her and less about actually dating her and also used her for things like food, money, rides, and or setting themselves up with the next girl (usually a friend or someone close to her). K-whateverhisnameis isn't at this level of douchebaggery but his reaction to No-rae says it all imho.

I can see why there is enough here to be vague about K's true intentions but at the same time there is enough subtle hints to say otherwise.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Goddammit! Another essay, wtf is wrong with me. SMH.

joined Feb 19, 2015

Hahahahaha No-Rae's face when Seol-A's hugging her makes her look like a Country Ball

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

As a general clarification, the "Tsk tsk, she's completely wasted" comment came from a random male passerby, not Kyung-woo.

and i am also wondering why ch30 isn't uploaded in mediafire yet? i'm sorry for these questions. it's just that all i was able to read was halmoni's translation (thank god for it. halmoni, you are awesome. i am so thankful for the translations you provide us each week. godbless you! saranghae! ❤)

You can find the thread if you go to the /u/ catalog and use ctrl+f to search for "Fluttering Feelings". But the /u/ FF threads basically went to shit like, 3 threads ago, which is why we moved to YP. Too many butthurt 4chan elitists complaining about the influx of new users from tumblr or dynasty.

QCO and jrdp_18 are usually in charge of the raws and stuff. QCO doesn't have a set schedule for releasing raws, but I know jrdp has been having internet problems lately (which is why our chapter 6 release has also been delayed).

last edited at Apr 19, 2015 10:51PM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Takachi:

I agree. I'm going to give Kyeong-woo the benefit of the doubt and say we wasn't about to assault Seol-ah whilst she's drunk. I mean he genuinely did seem concerned from some of the panels.

The 'I got found out' and 'fucking embarrassing' could perhaps be because No-rae saw through his bravado. He doesn't actually have the balls to say 'directly' that he likes someone and has to resort to 'shameful tactics' such as getting them to open up to him via a bit of alcohol.

Granted it is coercive but it's not as horrible as the scenario that I had imagined when the new chapter hadn't come out yet.

I also agree with you 100% on the rumours thing. I think part of FF is about how rumours don't present an accurate representation of how someone actually is. Kyeong-woo may be the the 'king of fucking' or whatever but he's definitely far from a monster in my book. That would be like Seol-ah's ex who attempted to strangle her.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Goddammit! Another essay, wtf is wrong with me. SMH.

Wrong? I'd say you're at your best with it! In fact, you pretty much almost convinced me :) But I'll keep the "almost" with me, just in case :)

The 'I got found out' and 'fucking embarrassing' could perhaps be because No-rae saw through his bravado. He doesn't actually have the balls to say 'directly' that he likes someone and has to resort to 'shameful tactics' such as getting them to open up to him via a bit of alcohol.

Granted it is coercive but it's not as horrible as the scenario that I had imagined when the new chapter hadn't come out yet.

I also agree with you 100% on the rumours thing. I think part of FF is about how rumours don't present an accurate representation of how someone actually is. Kyeong-woo may be the the 'king of fucking' or whatever but he's definitely far from a monster in my book. That would be like Seol-ah's ex who attempted to strangle her.

kyra, I couldn't agree more!

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 8:36AM

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

The point is that Norae did not understand that this time Seola not got drunk because that's what lets she do with the boys who attend her, (following the chatter about her). But this time is because she 's crazy about the cold behavior of Norae. Seola not lost control to the end, she called norae, it is clear that she wants Norae, but also this time there has been a misunderstanding because Norae had promised not to give credence to the rumors, but she is conditional, because in the meantime it is difficult accept her feelings for Seola and hard to believe that Seola feels the same for her. As someone said, no progress in history, only a strengthening of the misunderstandings. I do not see those two can break this, you could go on and on ...at this point I hope that Norae is drunk and she loses control ahh haaa ...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Some people read waaaay too much into this.

But then, I did the same with Stretch, or Citrus.. >///>

I'm not sure Ssamba delved that deep in the mind of her characters.

It's quite fun to read all these speculations anyway.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Some people read waaaay too much into this.

But then, I did the same with Stretch, or Citrus.. >///>

I'm not sure Ssamba delved that deep in the mind of her characters.

It's quite fun to read all these speculations anyway.

I think Fluttering Feelings is a fairly simple series, and I mean that in the best way possible. To me, I am not tempted to really get into the heads of the characters, not because the they are bland or predictable, but because they seem like real people and real people make pretty logical and normal decisions, so I think I can relate/understand them a bit more. Take this last chapter for example, No-rae didn't go make a scene, she didn't really do anything out of the ordinary, she came and picked up her friend that she was worried about. There was a hint of tension between her and Kyung-woo, but overall they were pretty civil to each other because while we may interpret that chapter as a crisis situation, nothing had even happened at that point. I don't know if you feel the same way, but that is what I have come to think. It has really made reading FF somewhat relaxing.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I agree. I'm going to give Kyeong-woo the benefit of the doubt and say we wasn't about to assault Seol-ah whilst she's drunk. I mean he genuinely did seem concerned from some of the panels.

I don't think Kyung-woo planned on using brute force, but rather he would've used Seol-a's drunken state to coerce her into having sex. I was honestly starting to doubt the rumors until the very end, when he said "I got found out", and when he kept insisting on taking Seol-a home. Keep in mind that he also went to convenience store to buy "something", which was most likely condoms. He only looked concerned because he was trying to portray the image of being an innocent, sweet underclassman, which he would use to lure Seol-a.

Using alcohol to have someone open up to you definitely does not come across as a "shameful tactic" in my opinion. Alcohol is an important part of Korean culture, and drinking is a common way to get to know others. In fact, not going drinking with your friends or co-workers would be considered weird. The "shameful tactic" in this case was definitely referring to using alcohol to get into someone's pants.

Fairy_tail_zero_ch03_12%20-%20c%c3%b3pia
joined Dec 7, 2014

This is getting heated, i am loving it, thanks a lot Halmoni for your fast translations \o/

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

No excessive drama and actually logical development, I did like the chapter - nice, simple and realistic. Probably kind of ironic, but FF made me curious about Korean culture, lifestyle, etc. , in what environment these fluttering feelings thrive, shamefully my knowledge on the matter is very limited.Thanks for the quick translation and the hard work.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan art by melancholicwinter a.k.a. winter:

Source:
http://melancholicwinter.tumblr.com/post/116392429995/seol-a-is-cute-in-chapter-30-okay-xd-no-rae-to
http://40.media.tumblr.com/cccec990642e05cc53a6f08671a0fe5b/tumblr_nmt2tw1UP61u56vjgo1_1280.png

I wonder, is melancholicwinter the same winter who posts here and who is part of the FF scanlation group on YP?

last edited at Aug 18, 2015 12:34AM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

wow, that's really good!

Unnamed%20qq%20screenshot20150223005817
joined Apr 5, 2015

Lovely fan art! I particularly enjoyed that they were both wearing green in this chapter.

Norae3.1
joined Feb 17, 2015

I wonder, is "melancholicwinter" the same "winter" who posts here and who is part of the FF scanlation group on YP?

ta-da~! Hi-- XD
melancholicwinter = winter
I'm also part of the scanlation group. hehe

I almosy forgot to say this...
Thank you for posting my fanart here. ^^

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 12:45AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.