Some Elsanna favorites:

Argos
Anything by TheSyndra
Stolen Ice
Anna Summers, PA

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Just finished two books by Kiki Archer, which were both fantastic:

One Foot onto the Ice and its sequel When You Know.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

As much as I like this story, I think all this confusion is because Ssamba just does not do a good job of drawing different faces. Too many of her characters look alike. Doesn't "young" Yu-ji looks just like present day No Rae in that flashback?

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Promoting it? it's not like I make any difference, most people already know about them, those who don't like it won't use it, and those who don't care already use it, and you said people like me? I use mangahere only for tsukomis and to know about new mangas as they upload almost everything translated, but I read on Batoto and Kissmanga, I never said anything about not buying it, I said that so maybe those who keep whining about paying for it will shut up, since it seens they're too dumb to notice that someone will typeset it and post somewhere, so they don't have reason to cry here because they're too poor to pay for it.

I implore you..please...just stop.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

wow, this is a fun thread, lol.

I wouldn't blame you if you stopped, halmoni, although I would miss your translations.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

I read three novels last week.

My favorite was Her Name in the Sky. I'd definitely recommend that one if anyone wanted some summer reading.

Another one that I thought was pretty decent was The Gravity Between Us.

The third one I read, Keeping You a Secret, eh, it was alright. I'd tentatively recommend it as well.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 10:42PM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Was talking to an acquaintance who just caught up with The Walking Dead and was bemoaning having to now wait for each new update. I nodded my head in agreement, but didn't voice out loud that the "show" I have to wait for each week is Fluttering Feelings.

NoRaeMi
Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Holy fuck. "You probably brought it upon yourself..." Oh...oh my god...that's like...the douchiest thing I've heard all day. I can't even. Dealt with a lot of douchebags today so that's quite the feat.

The punches to the face, he practically sits there requesting them.

I would like to mention that after he said this, she replies with a "hmpphh, I don't care about those stupid rumors" (or something like that). So he's just sarcastically riffing on the rumors being spread about her. I doubt he actually believes that. So perhaps we can hold off on the punches to the face as well? ;p

last edited at May 10, 2015 11:27PM

NoRaeMi
Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Man, you guys are brutal. She's giving as good as she's taking. They are obviously close friends so perhaps you should wait a bit and reserve judgement before handing him the death sentence.

NoRaeMi
Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

It's getting harder and harder for me to keep up with the names of the characters... I hope there aren't many more of them.

Who needs names? Main Character with Brown Hair, Main Character with Black Hair - doing this makes it so much easier.

I guess this will get very confusing, very soon. But the worst part is/will be when Main Character with Black/Brown Hair mention the other character by names...

This character cheat sheet is useful for that:
http://seol-raeffkorrasamitlokaddict.tumblr.com/image/113618208178

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

(Doesn't say it's from ssamba, but pretty sure Comico asked the different webtoon authors to draw their respective manhwa characters to make up that promotional banner.)

Nice, what series is that with the silver haired fight heroine?

It's "Knuckle Girl". http://comico.toast.com/titles/76

Is there a primer on how to sign up for a comico acct for those of us who can't read Korean?

On facebook there is.

PLEASEEE sign up for a comico account and heart/like/view FF on comico. It's not that difficult, it doesn't take a lot of time, and you'll all be helping Ssamba! so pls

It is done! I did it through the iPad app and it was pretty simple.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Is there a primer on how to sign up for a comico acct for those of us who can't read Korean?

On facebook there is.

Thank you!

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Is FF really draggy though? I'm proud to say that I've read through all the chapters in one sitting at least three times, and it doesn't feel draggy at all, when you don't have week long waits in between chapters. The progression of Seolrae's relationship is natural and their budding romance is very adeptly developed. From the very first chapter, where they both fell for each other without even realizing it, up until now where we have one girl oblivious to her feelings and the other so aware of her feelings that she's trying to seal them away.

Earlier on, you would have never thought No-rae would be the first one to realize she's in love with Seol-a, but unlike Seol-a, No-rae actually has been in a serious committed relationship and she isn't nearly as slow on the uptake, when it comes to understanding her heart.

I think the story has developed the nuances of their relationship and individual characteristics perfectly, and if you think otherwise, re-read it. Their romance is so much more believable and engrossing than just about any other yuri/girls love story I've ever read.

By the way, put me down as someone who thinks a confession is coming soon. I know Ssamba said there's a lot of story left to tell, but I don't think that necessarily means No-rae and Seol-a won't be in a relationship for majority of that story. Their acknowledgment of each other's feelings is just the beginning.

Perfectly said!

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Well, since this page has already gone full Tumblr... (Never go full Tumblr.)

Omg guise, the shot was too zoomed in at the end of chapter 31, here's what actually happened:

http://sapphicshit.tumblr.com/post/117521005971/so-thats-why-shes-there-to-break-the-news-lol

Lol, I didn't realize this was futanari.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Aw jeez are we arguing about a car in a garage now?

Hahaha. But seriously, no. The car is already out of the garage.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 11:33PM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

So ridiculous with some of the nitpicking this story gets. A car in a garage that still works AND has gas in it? That's impossible! There she goes again with the deus ex machina. What a hack this writer is. She should've at least shown Seol-a going to the gas station to fill up!

Whoa, watch out, next thing you know, people will be saying cell phones are contrived plot devices because Seol-a oh-so-conveniently called Hee-jin for No-rae's address.

Just lay back and enjoy the story y'all. Coincidences happen and people have modern technology. Amazing, isn't it?

I agree! Sit back and relax. Ssamba knows what she's doing. Now if you want to complain about a story, go read the last few chapters of Citrus :p.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

It was fine with me for you to not want the criticism, I understand that but please don't put words in my mouth.

I was inquiring about the direction she went with a part of the story (which was already recently resolved) not attacking her as a writer. (If you view my previous comments you wouldn't even see me saying anything about the writer herself)

There is a definite difference between critiquing a story for what it is and critiquing a person for who they are.

Also, that's oddly a very disproportionate amount of animosity towards a simple question.
Genuinely asking if 'having gas in a (to my previously erroneous understanding) stored car is normal' to be seen as 'ridiculous nitpicking' Is like being called obnoxious for not knowing if wifi synced automatically.

Well, you called the fact that she had access to a car convenient and contrived. Or was it because the car was in a garage and that the gas didn't burn a hole in the gas tank that was convenient and contrived? Either way, that is pretty ridiculous, you have to admit. You don't really have to be that smart to figure out a way to get a car. There are companies that even rent them to you. And since we know she is in fact very bright, it's really not that hard to believe that she figured out a way to borrow a car without having to pay.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 6:22PM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

So ridiculous with some of the nitpicking this story gets. A car in a garage that still works AND has gas in it? That's impossible! There she goes again with the deus ex machina. What a hack this writer is. She should've at least shown Seol-a going to the gas station to fill up!

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Seol-a is such a fighter. I'd be so pissed and/or dejected but she's just like 'no, I won't let it end like this!'

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

I agree with you. It'll probably be a flashback and not much will happen in 'present day' unfortunately. I think as a whole the story moved briskly but taken week to week it seems super slow.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Well, if you want the real thing, there's always Lemonade.

Might be too hardcore yuri for some, though.

What do you mean by that? It's got a sad ending?

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Speaking of Morinaga Milk, have you read Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms Pink? It's licensed so you'd have to buy it, but it's another good one.
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1937867315/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, that's definitely on my 'to buy' list

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

From my 5 Star list. To me, these are the best of the best. Whether you already read them or not, you should read them.
Kissing Mars - The best josei yuri out there in my opinion. It's just so perfect, so fulfilling.
Chatting at the Amber Teahouse - Best example of pure love in my opinion. So heartwarming.
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Wife and Wife - If you ever decide to pick this back up and get past the accent, you won't regret it. So cute.
Strawberry Shake Sweet
The Secret Recipe

From my 4 Star list. Either they had some minor flaw that bumped them down a bit or they just didn't quite have that edge to make it one of the best, these are all really great manga that if you have time to, you should definitely check out. Some of these have already been mentioned and that you've already read but I'll be listing them anyway.
Love DNA XX, Heart-Pounding Excitement at Mononoke Girls Academy, Hoshikawa Ginza District 4, Gokujou Drops, First Love Sisters, Poor Poor Lips, Cirque Arachne, Renai Manga, Mugen no Minamo ni, Raubritter, Kuchibiru ni Suketa Orange, Philosophia, The Princess's Mirror, Banana no Nana, Salomelic, Love Flag Girls, Kimochi no Kotachi, Momo, Botan, and Lily Blossoms, Game, Her World, Twin Cake, Yamanko, Aqua Blue Cinema, Octave, Notes From the Garden of Lilies

Wow, that's a huge list, thanks! I remember reading Heart pounding excitement at mononoke girls academy a long time ago and it was great!