Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

Sorry I can't come to your girlfriend's birthday party because I have to eat dorm dinners! Girl what are your priorities?

She doesn't know does she? So as far as she knows Kase is just a friend of a friend.

last edited at Oct 7, 2024 5:39AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Sorry I can't come to your girlfriend's birthday party because I have to eat dorm dinners! Girl what are your priorities?

She doesn't know does she? So as far as she knows Kase is just a friend of a friend.

Ah I might have misremembered. Still go eat dinner with your friends, don't be some dorm cafeteria gremlin every night of the week :P

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ah I might have misremembered. Still go eat dinner with your friends, don't be some dorm cafeteria gremlin every night of the week :P

I am suspecting that the "new hire" in the cafeteria is a future girlfriend.

joined Apr 22, 2024

Seems like Kase's drinking adventures start and end in this episode LOL

I'm curious about that Doi girl. I want some drama that shows how Yamada and Kase have grown up. Not just a simple jealousy arc again.

Maybe that girl likes Yamada istaed of Kase? Yamada is extremely popular with boys, but she hasn't caught any girl's attention yet. Could be interesting, a threat in both love and race for Kase.

last edited at Oct 7, 2024 6:53AM

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Is there a way to read it raw? The chapters are published in the WINGS magazine a month before their translation.

If there was a way to have the raws a month earlier, we'd release the scanlation a month earlier, too. As of now, we have to wait for the online version of the magazine to be ripped so that we can translate and release the latest chapter.

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

I'll say it. Birthday pizza is vastly superior to birthday cake.

Especially as you get older and your tolerance for sweets lessens. But even when I was younger, I was way more interested in getting a pizza on my birthday than a cake.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I turned 20 many years ago, but I did try a japanese lemon sour in a can for the first time tonight, and Kase's totally right, this just tastes like lemon soda. Yummy.

last edited at Oct 7, 2024 9:40AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I turned 20 many years ago, but I did try a japanese lemon sour in a can for the first time tonight, and Kase's totally right, this just tastes like lemon soda. Yummy.

Fortunately Kase didn't go the Awayuki route. Or is that unfortunately?

Also, someone should tell Kase that he fact that you're legally allowed to drink alcohol doesn't mean you have to.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I am suspecting that the "new hire" in the cafeteria is a future girlfriend.

Well if that's the case I can forgive her haha

I'll say it. Birthday pizza is vastly superior to birthday cake.

Especially as you get older and your tolerance for sweets lessens. But even when I was younger, I was way more interested in getting a pizza on my birthday than a cake.

Agreed, I'll have maybe half a slice of cake on my birthday...but I'm not big into sweets and my tolerance for them has definitely worsened with age. Some kind of special and/or fun food that's not sweet is definitely preferred.

Also, someone should tell Kase that he fact that you're legally allowed to drink alcohol doesn't mean you have to.

Yeah a lot people think when you hit drinking age you have to drink, and you really don't have to. When I turned 21 I didn't drink, mostly because I've never had an interest in drinking, plus family history with drinking isn't great so I try to avoid that, though I had also gotten out of the hospital a couple days before my 21st and was in recovery. So a combination of factors lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's a good thing Tomoka-chan is such a serious girl and left that particular experience for her actual birthday, would not have wanted this to happen at the welcoming party. :D

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Missed a chance to say the moon was beautiful. Further, I figured we'd get a blushing Yamada when Kase changed shirts. I still remember when first clapped eyes on Kase's...assets.

joined Aug 7, 2017

gosh i love this manga, is really wholesome, with a pinch of drama and lewdness. Perfect Recipe. Now im waiting how the college friend is gonna react when yamada comes out to her. that gonna be really funny

joined Nov 22, 2019

How are they paying for everything? Kase lived in a dorm but both Yamada and Mikawa have apartments. Yamada has part time jobs Mikawa but is just "job hunting." But even if she did have a part time job as well is that really enough to live off of? And Kase presumably does nothing but train, and yet still has spending money for thing like convenience store runs.I would hope that Yamada isn't paying for everything while Kase just trains. Are their patents paying for stuff? Did they get loans? More than even this manga this is a topic I never see mentioned in any manga. Highschoolers just magically get apartments when they graduate and go to school without worrying about money, and maybe get a part time job if they want to. I'm curious what its like for Japanese students in real life and why it's never brought up in manga.

joined Sep 27, 2017

How are they paying for everything? Kase lived in a dorm but both Yamada and Mikawa have apartments. Yamada has part time jobs Mikawa but is just "job hunting." But even if she did have a part time job as well is that really enough to live off of? And Kase presumably does nothing but train, and yet still has spending money for thing like convenience store runs.I would hope that Yamada isn't paying for everything while Kase just trains. Are their patents paying for stuff? Did they get loans? More than even this manga this is a topic I never see mentioned in any manga. Highschoolers just magically get apartments when they graduate and go to school without worrying about money, and maybe get a part time job if they want to. I'm curious what its like for Japanese students in real life and why it's never brought up in manga.

I'm not an expert but from what I've heard the cost of living in Japan can be pretty good, with rent and food.

joined Apr 22, 2024

I assumed that rent and food are paid by their parents. Then, the whims (like vacations and presents) with their salaries when they have worked a little.
Like when Kase worked at the beach to buy the necklake for Yamada. She wanted the money just for that, which implies that their basic needs are covered. Maybe in Kase's case by a scholarship for sports performance.

This manga has never worried about world building XD

last edited at Oct 11, 2024 7:05PM

joined Apr 22, 2024

Is there a way to read it raw? The chapters are published in the WINGS magazine a month before their translation.

If there was a way to have the raws a month earlier, we'd release the scanlation a month earlier, too. As of now, we have to wait for the online version of the magazine to be ripped so that we can translate and release the latest chapter.

I'm sorry if I didn't express myself well and it sounded disrespectful. I really appreciate your work, I really do. Thank you for bringing us each chapter and for the response.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Not like dorms are free, or even necessarily cheaper than an apartment (or half an apartment).

To reply you must either login or sign up.