Forum › False Marigold discussion

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Meh ending, quite cheesy, didn’t feel like there was any pay off.

P good tho, 7.5/10 manga

joined May 10, 2021

Kind of a quick and underwhelming ending, but that was pretty good.
Also reversal.
Thanks for the translation!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Hell, Suzu is in on this shit

Is she, though? All we know is that Lily asked Hana to kill her right in front of Suzu, and there's little reason for her not to believe they didn't take the lovers' suicide way out of this after all they've been through - it would be the proper Japanese way, after all.

I would say almost certainly yes, how would they even do that? "Alright, can you leave for a bit now, while we'll kill ourselves real quick, 100% no scam, ignore that heartfelt conversation we just had that you completely overheard and clearly understood"

Unless of course they do it later, but we're going back to why they didn't let Nekomori in on this.

last edited at Sep 29, 2024 5:24PM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Is she, though?

She is but of course, she is not trustworthy, and you wouldn't want to depend on her keeping her word for long, considering how antagonistic she had been and was until that moment. I think the natural fear, apprehension, and uncertainty they would feel in these moments is being very underestimated. But it's not a big deal. I'm sure Neko understood, once she realized what happened.

last edited at Sep 29, 2024 5:34PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Their getaway is unfortunately rushed, but Hana reached Lily's heart and they ran away together, so I'm happy with this ending. I didn't expect the cross-dressing role changing hands, but it suits them both!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Hell, Suzu is in on this shit

Is she, though? All we know is that Lily asked Hana to kill her right in front of Suzu, and there's little reason for her not to believe they didn't take the lovers' suicide way out of this after all they've been through - it would be the proper Japanese way, after all.

I would say almost certainly yes, how would they even do that? "Alright, can you leave for a bit now, while we'll kill ourselves real quick, 100% no scam, ignore that heartfelt conversation we just had that you completely overheard and clearly understood"

Unless of course they do it later, but we're going back to why they didn't let Nekomori in on this.

Yeah I think they just had an ah ha we can fake our deaths and "die"! moment

joined Jul 8, 2020

im satisfied and not satisfied at the same time. but still its a happy end and new beginning for both of them, so its good!

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

Well to be honest there was quite literally nothing surprising about that ending. Not terrible but not good either just really lazy from the author. A uncreative run of the mill has been there a thousand times already ending.
I can overlook that because no matter what the ending is by far the hardest part to write in a story.

What I absolutely hate though is that fucking shit father talking like he gives a fuck. Why do so many authors have to put this unrealistic fake enlightenment moments in their storys.

Overall it was a mediocre story closer to good than bad but still mediocre.

joined Apr 2, 2023

Stories like this don't come around very often. I'm not sure where this is run of the mill when, for GL especially, it's school kids or office ladies with the occasional gems but certainly not a bumper crop of unique period dramas. To exist somewhere that this is an average story would be great. Sign me up.

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I did like the ending tbh, I don't know how else it could've and I'm glad they get to live a life together. My only confusion is Nekomori. Without Lily, there's no reason for her to stay with the family, and no doubt she's been distraught for the whole month. I guess the bookshop owner, her uncle, knows because of Hana. Between that and the note, she'll probably learn too eventually. But to leave her out of the resolution is just pretty sad. I don't like when important side characters are shafted for the ending, but overall I did like this story a lot up to the end ^^

joined Sep 27, 2017

I did like the ending tbh, I don't know how else it could've and I'm glad they get to live a life together. My only confusion is Nekomori. Without Lily, there's no reason for her to stay with the family, and no doubt she's been distraught for the whole month. I guess the bookshop owner, her uncle, knows because of Hana. Between that and the note, she'll probably learn too eventually. But to leave her out of the resolution is just pretty sad. I don't like when important side characters are shafted for the ending, but overall I did like this story a lot up to the end ^^

If we could get a bonus chapter of Nekomori finding her own happiness, that would be nice. That's pretty much the only thing I really want from the series still lol

joined Aug 21, 2017

Relatively happy ending for a Tragedy, which is nice. Unfortunate that they didn't get to say goodbye to Nekomori though.

Mangetsu
joined Oct 24, 2021

Series gave me everything I wanted from it, albeit a bit rushed towards the end in a way that sorta feels like it got axed but I'm still obsessed with the story it had to tell. More yuri with this kind of atmosphere is always appreciated.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Series gave me everything I wanted from it, albeit a bit rushed towards the end in a way that sorta feels like it got axed

That's exactly what happened, I think.

Still, it was a relatively good ending. I liked it.

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Another one ended. Still feel like I just read it and "Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki" for the first time yesterday. Thank both groups.
And Amelia's final stream is a few hours away. Goddamn, everything has to end all at once.

Name's Hana (flower). Possible lover's a blonde and shorter than her. Her brother's name is Kaoru.

This is not the Miss Sunflower sequel I was looking for

Still not the Miss Sunflower sequel I was looking for lol.

joined Jul 25, 2022

Tbh I dont it the series would have gone any further anyways. The plots basically ends when Lily found out the secret. Tho maybe ỉ the author throws in some love triangle or more unrequited love does it gets longer. Woulda liked more emphasis on the ending tho. 7/10

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

this feels like it should have been a one shot lol

joined Sep 27, 2017

this feels like it should have been a one shot lol

I'm glad we got more than that, there was time to bond with the characters and cute moments that I appreciated

joined Aug 13, 2023

I really liked this!

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

It was a good read overall, i enjoyed it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.