Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Apr 2, 2023

While we know that Aya has a big crush on Mitsuki (mostly rizz version), the reverse is unclear.

Her seduction moves are mostly unconscious and she got close to Aya because she wanted a friend to share music, something she hadn't ever had.

So, I'd think that for now, Mitsuki's feelings aren't romantic in nature, but more like she found a soulmate and a pillar of support for her fragile ego.

When Aya thought she was a boy Mitsuki was actively flirting and knew the implications of their interactions because she got to hear a play by play of it at school afterwards. She had too much info for it to all be unconscious rizz for much of the misunderstanding part. She liked what they had going on. That's why she felt so torn up because she thought what they had would all fall apart to nothing once Aya found out she was a girl and retreated into a friendship request by the end. Even Aya thought that was silly when she heard it. Aya didn't ask for that and has been working her way out ever since.

We are due more info, particularly more Mitsuki POV, but I don't think we're waiting on Mistuki to have romantic feelings start. To me Kanna and Joe who know her best are accepting her relationship with Aya in that way already.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch96#2
Aya is confused. It hurt itself in its confusion.

Also, maybe I’m off the mark here, but I wonder if the reason for Mitsuki’s sudden change has less to do with a sudden surge of self-confidence, and more to do with wanting to become the “guy” Aya was interested in.

joined Apr 10, 2023

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch96#2
Aya is confused. It hurt itself in its confusion.

Also, maybe I’m off the mark here, but I wonder if the reason for Mitsuki’s sudden change has less to do with a sudden surge of self-confidence, and more to do with wanting to become the “guy” Aya was interested in.

They addressed that recently, with Mitsuki getting jealous of "onii-san," thinking Aya saw that persona as different, and Aya specifically telling her "you and 'onii-san' are the same person" with a beaming smile.
That jealousy btw is probably the most smoke we've seen so far indicating Mitsuki's potential romantic feelings for Aya, and it's a damn strong hint.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, Mitsuki will need a new shirt now.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

luinthoron posted:

And Aya new panties.

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

luinthoron posted:

And Aya new panties.

Such is the law of equivalent exchange

Screenshot_2019-12-01%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20centaur's%20worries%20ch27
joined Aug 12, 2019

luinthoron posted:

And Aya new panties.

Such is the law of equivalent exchange

in the words of Andrew W.K., I Get Wet

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Oh god, I can't stand this cliffhanger, what's gonna happen when they look into each other's eyes? What's gonna happen?!

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

How could they end the chapter there my god that cliffhanger should be illegal.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

HUG HER BACK
PLEASE

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Nosegasm

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

No Aya, not by herself at all

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Kinda disappointed that she gave that cd to that jerk. Aya should get first dibs on her songs. Koga, you dumdum.

Nah, Aya gets a live performance. VIP access, even.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Aside from the yuri, I would REALLY love if the author would mention the recent announcement of Aerosmith ending touring (because of Steven Tyler's voice giving way). Joe would go into mourning, Mitsuki would be bummed, and even Aya would be bummed after doing some research into the band. Then the friend group would be curious why they're so emotional about a group that got big in 1970.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm never going to treat that nosebleed trope seriously, wasn't enough to ruin the nice moment afterwards but it sure was close

last edited at Aug 5, 2024 4:47AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm never going to treat that nosebleed trope seriously, wasn't enough to ruin the nice moment afterwards but it sure was close

You’re still good with the floating stars and hearts, though, right? And where are we on the heart-shaped pupils in the eyes?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

You’re still good with the floating stars and hearts, though, right? And where are we on the heart-shaped pupils in the eyes?

I love all of those

joined Mar 5, 2022

Class Roo? What's that? WHY DID YOU INTERRUPT HER

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Can't believe Mitsuki just got Aya pregnant in the school nurse's office.

joined Apr 10, 2023

I just noticed on the last page, Mitsuki's pants are too long for her. Wonder if they're Joe's old uniform from when he was in school or something lol

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oooh, nice....

Screenshot%20(2)
joined Apr 22, 2018

THEY'RE LITERALLY SO CUTE I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Love.” She said, “love.”

OK, Mitsuki, now switch the subject and object of the sentence around: “You” becomes “I” and then “me” . . . .

Tumblr_ni11d1gud61sq6x6wo5_400
joined Jul 11, 2024

Aya turning into a chicken out of embarrassment was just too cute AAAAAA

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

For everyone that needed it stated explicitly, Mitsuki can be herself because Aya is there, and because Aya loves her and understands her.

last edited at Aug 11, 2024 5:27AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.