Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

joined Oct 21, 2013

I thought it was a joke about commutativity of multiplication. Fuck.

If we were to represent the characters in a coupling as matrices, their multiplication wouldn't be commutative.

Atlantaicon
joined Jun 8, 2017

I'm not familiar with Vtuber world but what does "mama" mean in this context? I was very confused when Doujima Taiga said mama but what she meant was the artist who drew her new outfit, not her actual mother. Why do they call the artist mama and what is "mother and daughter" in Vtuber world?

Mama is generally used to refer to the artist behind a Vtuber's model (eg. Ozora Subaru's artist Shigure Ui, referenced in this chapter, is often-referred to as Ui-Mama.) The rigger for the Live2D model is also sometimes referred to as the Papa. (Gender is irrelevant in both cases).

I've seen it like how you described, but I've also seen people use the gender-appropriate terms, too. I guess that it just depends on who's talking.

last edited at Jul 24, 2024 1:16AM

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I thought it was a joke about commutativity of multiplication. Fuck.

If we were to represent the characters in a coupling as matrices, their multiplication wouldn't be commutative.

A x B ≠ B x A for select mathematical objects. QED.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I was thinking for a minute that Taiga's mama might be Sukoya but I'm kinda glad she's not.

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

Mama is basically an even worse Kikuri.

Vincent Kellen
joined Sep 18, 2021

I'm not familiar with Vtuber world but what does "mama" mean in this context? I was very confused when Doujima Taiga said mama but what she meant was the artist who drew her new outfit, not her actual mother. Why do they call the artist mama and what is "mother and daughter" in Vtuber world?

The artist created and drew the Vtuber model

Because the artist in a sense “created” her, that’s why she’s called a “mama”
And because the Vtuber in question is the artist’s “creation” she’s her “daughter”

The artist who drew her new artist IS the artist who drew her OG model, I’m pretty sure the artists for future additions/changes to the model stay the same for the art style is consistent throughout

Huh, I see. The more you know. Thanks for the explanation!

Atlantaicon
joined Jun 8, 2017

Huh, I see. The more you know. Thanks for the explanation!

Of course, sometimes a vtuber will illustrate their own model. I've heard of being your own grandpa, but your own mama?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Lucky star~

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

ancient otaku

Isn't Lucky Star getting a manga reboot or something?

Whut???

joined Aug 1, 2022

I hope we see Menoku Saiko (Mama) again. I hope she can make friends with the cast, I like her.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh? Vague progress?

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self (And Also Me (But I Don't Know That (Yet)))

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

ooo progress

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

they really embody idiot couple it's amazing

joined Dec 10, 2021

We are so back

joined May 3, 2014

brother we are no were any were aby progress, what are you talking about? idiot couple? do we even get the other moron thoughts if she is even remotely having ANY romantic feelings? cuz i only see her sipping HARDCORE for an vtuber LOL

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

This is cute and fun. But I do hope some progress now and then. And most importantly I hope a satisfying ending.

joined Apr 10, 2023

brother we are no were any were aby progress, what are you talking about? idiot couple? do we even get the other moron thoughts if she is even remotely having ANY romantic feelings? cuz i only see her sipping HARDCORE for an vtuber LOL

This was extremely not subtle so how on earth did you miss it
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_best_friend_who_i_love_fell_completely_in_love_with_my_vtuber_self_ch36#2

joined Jan 11, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_best_friend_who_i_love_fell_completely_in_love_with_my_vtuber_self_ch36#2

No that was incredibly subtle. I think there needs to be even more flashbacks of the protagonist to be crammed in there before the message is clear on who our girl depends on for support…

last edited at Jul 26, 2024 7:17AM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

No that was incredibly subtle. I think there needs to be even more flashbacks of the protagonist to be crammed in there before the message is clear on who our girl depends on for support…

This is why stories have characters say things bluntly all the time, or repeat themselves endlessly.

last edited at Jul 26, 2024 8:22AM

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Wow, she wasn't lying. The moment she came up with an answer she fell asleep lol

joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Who's Draco again?

joined Apr 10, 2023

This is why stories have characters say things bluntly all the time, or repeat themselves endlessly.

"You can't just tell the audience who you feel gay for! That makes me angry!"

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well to be quite honest, did this series have anything explicitly yuri in it? I wasn't too invested in it so maybe I forgot but I always had the impression the most explicit part was the title :P That collage could also work for normal friendship.

To reply you must either login or sign up.