Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Oh hey, an old friend has returned!

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Oh, them! I love these guys :)

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

D'awww

U5iwjlckigx21%20(1)
joined Mar 21, 2016

It's sad to come back to this after so long only to find no relationship progress, though...

joined Oct 22, 2020

I sense a new reaction image from that last page

joined May 3, 2014

It's sad to come back to this after so long only to find no relationship progress, though...

yeah, who ever put Yuri certently did not mean to make it about actually yuri but about how her best friend HARD CORE simps like an obsessed parasocial viewer over an god damn Vtuber :/

and yet again Yuri=Best Friends!
you can’t tell me ain’t that after 33 chapters with 0 romance progression

Ah i forgot there is one sided Crush on the friend!!!! so that’s way the Yuri tag! i forgot because i waited a long time for chapters to acumulate and see if it’s worth reading the manga

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Oh ch33, that's it for now?
I wish for more chapters

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Okay but the point they made about B x A and A x B being completely different genres is SO true and I wish it were not this way (especially in Japanese fandoms...?) I wish people would write my favorite characters as switches/vers....

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

The first time I saw people fighting over "A x B" vs "B x A" I thought it was a joke about fandom infighting.

I guess it is a joke in a way... but not one being made intentionally.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Sushi it is then

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

The first time I saw people fighting over "A x B" vs "B x A" I thought it was a joke about fandom infighting.

I guess it is a joke in a way... but not one being made intentionally.

I thought it was a joke about commutativity of multiplication. Fuck.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I just really want to know what happens when Sukoya finds out...

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

The mama need get another mama

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Saiko-sensei... thank you for making me feel like slightly less of a failure...

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

That was definitely a Ui-mama and Subaru reference.
I thought this manga was old and was just being translated at a slow pace. But seeing that Loli requiem was referenced this is probably not an ancient manga. Could be, but probably not?

last edited at Jul 23, 2024 3:14PM

Vincent Kellen
joined Sep 18, 2021

I'm not familiar with Vtuber world but what does "mama" mean in this context? I was very confused when Doujima Taiga said mama but what she meant was the artist who drew her new outfit, not her actual mother. Why do they call the artist mama and what is "mother and daughter" in Vtuber world?

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

I'm not familiar with Vtuber world but what does "mama" mean in this context? I was very confused when Doujima Taiga said mama but what she meant was the artist who drew her new outfit, not her actual mother. Why do they call the artist mama and what is "mother and daughter" in Vtuber world?

The artist created and drew the Vtuber model

Because the artist in a sense “created” her, that’s why she’s called a “mama”
And because the Vtuber in question is the artist’s “creation” she’s her “daughter”

The artist who drew her new artist IS the artist who drew her OG model, I’m pretty sure the artists for future additions/changes to the model stay the same for the art style is consistent throughout

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Mama is generally used to refer to the artist behind a Vtuber's model (eg. Ozora Subaru's artist Shigure Ui, referenced in this chapter, is often-referred to as Ui-Mama.) The rigger for the Live2D model is also sometimes referred to as the Papa. (Gender is irrelevant in both cases).

last edited at Jul 23, 2024 3:49PM

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

I thought this manga was old and was just being translated at a slow pace. But seeing that Loli requiem was referenced this is probably not an ancient manga. Could be, but probably not?

Wait when was loli requiem referenced? I think I missed it

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

I've been there, too! For a while I thought trying to draw muscular guys would help with my anatomy(it didn't) and suddenly all my ads were deeply uncomfortable.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Technically it was that the typesetter was AWOL for a while (possibly because they were waiting to see if I'd translate that wall of text in ch32). Latest chapter is 39, so we're slowly closing the gap.

joined May 10, 2021

Still not really sure of this falls into "useless lesbians" or "idiot couple", but I love this nonetheless.
Thanks for the TL!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

ancient otaku

Isn't Lucky Star getting a manga reboot or something?

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'm starting to worry about "Mama."

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Oh hi Konata. Nice to see you again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.