Forum › How I Lose Bets With My Sadistic Gifted Childhood Friend and She Steals All of My Firsts discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Kudos to Wakaba for keeping her verbal reactions to the minimum.

Poor Matsuri, though. Not sure if ai was used or not, but if so...... oh, doomed yuri.

It makes me feel better to imagine Matsuri is representing the bane of yuri readers: the old "just gals being pals and super affectionate". Think of her as Reina or Kumiko or someone like that.

With how warped feelings and words are in this series, I'm expecting something more twisted. I could be wrong, but I'm definitely curious to see where the author intends to go with all of the characters

I just hope it doesn't get really depressing or dark heh

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Maybe my mind is too Shuukura saturated but I don't think the story will stray far from the 2 lead characters. I suspect she'll just be used as a way to advance their relationship similar to how she was this chapter.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Maybe my mind is too Shuukura saturated but I don't think the story will stray far from the 2 lead characters. I suspect she'll just be used as a way to advance their relationship similar to how she was this chapter.

I think it's kind of a coin flip for me right now, you could definitely be right, but I think the other side is the possibility of that warped Hate & Love sandwich with various reflective parallels.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Poor Matsuri, though. Not sure if ai was used or not, but if so...... oh, doomed yuri.

Something I've been wondering, if the "I hate you" with the main couple means I love you, does Matsuri's "I love you" mean I hate you?

Ooh, I hadn’t thought of that, but that’s actually a really cool idea. Making Matsuri a toxic, two-faced types who mask their hatred with false affection would be such a twist, especially with how highly Wakaba seems to think of her. I’m not actually sure that’s the direction the story’s going to go in, but it’d be so good if they did.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Y'all have some good ideas for Matsuri. Still don't think we're going anywhere with her but I'm all for it if the story goes that way.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Something I've been wondering, if the "I hate you" with the main couple means I love you, does Matsuri's "I love you" mean I hate you?

Ooh, I hadn’t thought of that, but that’s actually a really cool idea. Making Matsuri a toxic, two-faced types who mask their hatred with false affection would be such a twist, especially with how highly Wakaba seems to think of her. I’m not actually sure that’s the direction the story’s going to go in, but it’d be so good if they did.

Yee exactly, I'm glad you get where I'm coming from. It would add some interesting spice, and yet another layer to these complicated feelings where lies blanket their true emotions. I do worry about it being painful and uncomfortable, but it would be an interesting direction for the narrative themes.

joined Dec 13, 2013

i love how they're both stupid its entertaining

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

it's like they're scaling her down a tiny bit in every panel and waiting for someone to notice

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I also hate kiss my homies

The rain is a really strange plot device
Can't wait to see them start betting on natural disasters, and the world destroying everything in order for Umezono to win

last edited at Jul 7, 2024 5:32AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Sometimes you don't need elaborate plots. A dumpster fire is good enough.

last edited at Jul 9, 2024 7:54AM

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Somehow at the end of this I bet Matsuri is gonna be the most endearing character lmao

joined Aug 29, 2019

Sometimes you don't elaborate plots. A dumpster fire is good enough.

Yep, this is one of those titles that's both "all the right kinds of wrong" and "dumb, but in a very entertaining way".
I love it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.