But seriously that's a good catch lol.

last edited at Jun 26, 2024 4:20PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuzubocchi always looks like that

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Thank you for this extra. Lovey -Dovey is sorely needed!!! BTW, I do care about sayaka and miyabi.

joined Feb 11, 2022

yo that vol 6 leaflet is not a chapter but goddamn , it sure gave me a sugar overdose , it's so incredibly wholesome and cute

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I believe the Takenoko Fortune thing is a reference to Shiitake Uranai (しいたけ占い - Shiitake Fortune), which looks to be a website that posts weekly fortunes for each horoscope sign.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was cute and I only realized now that Sayaka and Miyabi's relationship is essentially Mei and Yuzu's but reversed. With the stoic one madly in love with the bubbly one (although Miyabi is way, way denser than Yuzu)

Is good to see that Sabu seems to have found inspiration again and seems to be eager to work on citrus for a while.

Thanks for the translations chaosteam.

tsukemonogatari
E7970c69-edd3-4544-8de9-6a20ca0f7573
joined Aug 29, 2020

Ever since it happened I really wanted to know what the Citrus girls were doing during Operation Al-Aqsa Flood. Nothing as usual

Images%20(1)
joined Oct 19, 2020

These chapters were really cool. I miss the Tachibanas and suzuran...

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I finally gave up the ghost and dropped this a while back but I gots to know

They did the deed yet?

joined Jun 12, 2015

No.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I finally gave up the ghost and dropped this a while back but I gots to know

They did the deed yet?

I don't think that's ever happening "on screen." Did the author promise that at some point or am I missing something? She does not seem interested, but people seem to really expect it. The implications of the previous extra's final scenes is likely as much as it'll go, maybe a bit more but I would hold my breath. Even with it's opening chapters, it's never really been that type of series.

last edited at Jun 29, 2024 7:24AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Jokes and memes aside, it is really weird how some people are so fixated on Yuzu and Mei fucking

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Jokes and memes aside, it is really weird how some people are so fixated on Yuzu and Mei fucking

I think because Citrus has/had this rep of this steamy taboo romance. So I think people believe it should have happened by now, a lot of the early expectation as far as I remember was basically what FlowerChild's works ended up being, where their manga focus on a messy highly sexual toxic relationship.

Plus various other long running Yuri manga have had some kind of sexual encounter, even if it happens off page, it's something that has definitely happened. Citrus for having this spicy rep surprisingly hasn't gone very far with it.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I think because Citrus has/had this rep of this steamy taboo romance. So I think people believe it should have happened by now, a lot of the early expectation as far as I remember was basically what FlowerChild's works ended up being, where their manga focus on a messy highly sexual toxic relationship.

Plus various other long running Yuri manga have had some kind of sexual encounter, even if it happens off page, it's something that has definitely happened. Citrus for having this spicy rep surprisingly hasn't gone very far with it.

I understand that for sure and it's not a big deal anyway, but Citrus hasn't ever really been a spicy series has it? It was only so superficially for a bit. It had "spicy" scenes mostly earlier on but the tone and direction wasn't that way and it's been years since then so it's interesting that the expectation still lingers. Citrus seemed to be making a point earlier on about its characters' mental states and that was it. It's really been an "innocent" series even when those scenes were present.

last edited at Jun 30, 2024 8:03AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I understand that for sure and it's not a big deal anyway, but Citrus hasn't ever really been a spicy series has it? It was only so superficially for a bit. It had "spicy" scenes mostly earlier on but the tone and direction wasn't that way and it's been years since then so it's interesting that the expectation still lingers. Citrus seemed to be making a point earlier on about its characters' mental states and that was it. It's really been an "innocent" series even when those scenes were present.

The issue isn’t for me about “fucking” per se but about the trajectory of the characters, especially Mei. As has recently been pointed out, OG Mei was a Proper Japanese Lady masking a smoldering volcano of emotion—sexual desire, yes, but also, among other things, grief over the “loss” of her father. Her resistance to going all-in sexually with Yuzu was more about struggling to keep herself under control rather than about fending off Yuzu’s advances.

It’s easy to forget that the start of the benighted “Second Arranged Marriage” arc interrupted a Mei-Yuzu makeout session that both had been longing for. Ever since then Mei has consistently been transformed from a firecracker (h/t to Altair for the phrase) into a damp mop.

Had readers still been getting regular doses of those Mei-Yuzu hickey-leaving competitions of the past I’m pretty sure there would have been fewer laments about “when will they fuck?”.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The issue isn’t for me about “fucking” per se but about the trajectory of the characters, especially Mei. As has recently been pointed out, OG Mei was a Proper Japanese Lady masking a smoldering volcano of emotion—sexual desire, yes, but also, among other things, grief over the “loss” of her father. Her resistance to going all-in sexually with Yuzu was more about struggling to keep herself under control rather than about fending off Yuzu’s advances.

It’s easy to forget that the start of the benighted “Second Arranged Marriage” arc interrupted a Mei-Yuzu makeout session that both had been longing for. Ever since then Mei has consistently been transformed from a firecracker (h/t to Altair for the phrase) into a damp mop.

Had readers still been getting regular doses of those Mei-Yuzu hickey-leaving competitions of the past I’m pretty sure there would have been fewer laments about “when will they fuck?”.

Yeah the series feels inconsistent I think. There was moments that built it's rep as this steamier romance, but then there's other times where it feels nothing like that. The series is something I wouldn't exactly call "wholesome", but generally it's not fiery and sexually intense either. I think it leaves various parts of it's audience not really getting what they wanted or expected out of the series. Even years later people want what they liked about earlier parts to return, some of that passionate and intense emotion at least.

joined Jan 14, 2020
  • Teens formerly depicted as horny
  • Literally engaged to be married
  • Literally sharing a bed together

I don't need to see fingers in pussy on screen, but I would like some indication of physicality and passion.

Mei indicated something about backing off and trying to do a relationship properly; it'd be nice to see actually trying to do a relationship properly.

last edited at Jun 30, 2024 2:10PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017
  • Teens formerly depicted as horny
  • Literally engaged to be married
  • Literally sharing a bed together

I don't need to see fingers in holes pussy on screen, but I would like some indication of physicality and passion.

Mei indicated something about backing off and trying to do a relationship properly; it'd be nice to see that.

Yeah, that “We’re going to put off your birthday celebration, but it turns out that on the alternate date I really need to be doing paperwork in the next room instead, so please be quiet. But I did go out of my way to consult with your friend on a nice present for you” business was a real WTF moment.

On some kind of “reality” basis, sure, things come up and plans get changed, but as a narrative/characterization beat chosen by the author, what exactly was it supposed to tell us about the MC’s relationship?

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Man I haven't read Citrus in forever. Who are some of the people?

To reply you must either login or sign up.