Forum › How I Lose Bets With My Sadistic Gifted Childhood Friend and She Steals All of My Firsts discussion

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Goddddd this manga is driving me crazy!! Their feelings are so complicated!!

I'm also getting the impression that Komaki is a coward, and that she's doing all of this because she's afraid of asking Wakaba out, but doesn't want anyone else to have Wakaba's 1st time experiences

I think it’s something like that, but given it seems like her original trauma is “this girl who is the only person in the world with me, the only one who knows me and who I can trust, is moving away from me and focusing on other people and I’ll have nothing left,” I’d put it more like, “she’s trying to cling onto Wakaba as long as she can and carve a record of herself into her so that when Wakaba leaves her, at least she’ll still have her blood on her fingers, at least the scars she left will still touch her skin.”

It’s driving me crazy. There is no yuri more peak than this. The little cracks in Komaki’s cold facade revealing desperate, wild emotion just underneath. The way she looks invincible and alone, but I just know that if Wakaba told her something like “if only I had been a better friend to you when we were younger, maybe you wouldn’t have hurt Senpai like that” it would completely shatter her, like tear her guts out, in such a multi-layered and profound way… oogh im feeling faint.

And wakaba!! That desire to challenge and overturn Heaven to prove Komaki is human (so she’ll finally get off that high horse? so she’ll overcome that sense of alienation, and not feel so alone?) could carry a series on its own, just with her struggling and falling and rising again and keeping that girl in her sights on the ever-distant horizon… but they had to be gratuitous and ALSO include the conceit that she gets emotionally tortured in a sexy, dangerous and permanent way to further mingle her hate and love, her affection and disgust, to further complicate her motivation to beat Komaki (to tear her down. to reach her.)

She’s like. Defiantly, spitefully challenging komaki for her hand in marriage, but every time she loses and is subjected to erotic yet cutting Female Bullying that further scars her and brings them closer.

Oogh. It’s too muchhhh. Im gonna vomit up peat from the yuri swamp any second now.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

There is no yuri more peak than this.

Well, this sure is a statement.

I think this work is interesting in its own way, but I I find it hard to take it seriously, to be honest. I can't imagine people really behaving like this, it feels very exaggerated. That being said, it has been entertaining so far and I am curious to see where it will go.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

God this manga is feeling wrenching. If I didn't have a burst blood vessel in my left eye, and crying didn't hurt, I would be bawling right now.

I'm looking forward to chapter 6.

last edited at Jun 19, 2024 3:34AM

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Ok that's it they've fallen in love with each other when do they move in together

joined Jun 27, 2022

I think this work is interesting in its own way, but I I find it hard to take it seriously, to be honest. I can't imagine people really behaving like this, it feels very exaggerated. That being said, it has been entertaining so far and I am curious to see where it will go.

This goes for 90% of those stories or manga in general.

They are entertaining but you can't tell me there are actually people out there having a dumbass competition like that lmao.

It doesn't help that it's taking itself quite seriously. Though it's a fun read and you shouldn't think too much into it unless you enjoy that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This goes for 90% of those stories or manga in general.

I agree. There is some small fraction of yuri and/or manga that attempts to be “realistic” and is meant to be taken so, but mostly the stories focus on some single premise or a limited set of tropes to the exclusion of everything else. And that’s especially true of series with a comedic slant, some of which are absolutely built on wild exaggerations of “normal” behavior. Standards of “plausibility” are pretty subjective, but I don’t think realism is generally a very high priority in most manga.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

I think this, like a lot of fiction, uses exaggeration to convey feelings that are realistic but hard to flesh out in a concise manner.

joined Nov 4, 2021

I think this, like a lot of fiction, uses exaggeration to convey feelings that are realistic but hard to flesh out in a concise manner.

I think the word that you (and others) are looking for is "Melodramatic". While that word is sometimes used disparagingly, it's a perfectly valid form of storytelling.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I kinda agree but more in the vein of "I can't make sense of any of this" :P Late to the party so I just read the available chapters in one go and I straight up don't get what their deal was in middle school or whatever, that whole situation leading to their falling out involving the senpai I just don't understand, maybe I'm too stupid.

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 6:32AM

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I kinda agree but more in the vein of "I can't make sense of any of this" :P Late to the party so I just read the available chapters in one go and I straight up don't get what their deal was in middle school or whatever, that whole situation leading to their falling out involving the senpai I just don't understand, maybe I'm too stupid.

You’re not stupid, you probably just misread something. From what I gathered, Wakaba had a crush on the senpai, and told Komaki. Komaki reacted to this by winning the senpai’s affections, promptly dumping him in a particularly painful fashion, and then telling Wakaba that the whole reason she went for him in the first place was so Wakaba couldn’t have him. I’m pretty sure she did this in order to keep monopolizing Wakaba, but Wakaba figured that the reason Komaki did it is because Komaki hated her, and blamed herself for Komaki developing a personality twisted enough to hurt people in such a way (not to mention getting her crush stolen). This caused the two of them to have a falling out, and thus, this story. Does that help?

last edited at Jun 21, 2024 5:49AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

You’re not stupid, you probably just misread something. From what I gathered, Wakaba had a crush on the senpai, and told Komaki. Komaki reacted to this by winning the senpai’s affections, promptly dumping him in a particularly painful fashion, and then telling Wakaba that the whole reason she went for him in the first place was so Wakaba couldn’t have him. I’m pretty sure she did this in order to keep monopolizing Wakaba, but Wakaba figured that the reason Komaki did it is because Komaki hated her, and blamed herself for Komaki developing a personality twisted enough to hurt people in such a way (not to mention getting her crush stolen). This caused the two of them to have a falling out, and thus, this story. Does that help?

It mostly makes sense, thank you, although I feel like I'd have to reread the whole thing again to see if that is actually supported by the text and I don't feel like it, so taking your word for it for the next chapters :P

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

"So I was reading this NTR doujin when inspiration struck me." -Komaki, apparently

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time Wakaba has gotten "payback" by taking the initiative to kiss Komaki?

Girl, maybe think about what your chosen method of revenge says about your feelings towards Komaki...

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Wakaba is already so unambiguously in love with Komaki and reciprocates these events more than she is currently comfortable admitting to herself. She also recognized that her feelings for Komaki are different from those for her friend Masturi (which was the point of her thoughts on being touched); so, even if Matsuri does have feelings, there's the signal that, that's unlikely to go anywhere. Understandably, Wakaba would be confused about her feelings for Komaki, at least for now. Their current situation is a mess. Once she understands why Komaki acts as she does, we'll see where Wakaba finally lands. But her feelings for Komaki only seem to grow as the series progresses.

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time Wakaba has gotten "payback" by taking the initiative to kiss Komaki?

Girl, maybe think about what your chosen method of revenge says about your feelings towards Komaki...

She'll marry her and scream "Ha! I win!" after their heartfelt vows; then wonder why she's so happy, her cheeks are still so hot, and her heart is still beating so fast.

last edited at Jul 6, 2024 11:06AM

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Okay with that last bet it’s starting to feel like God himself wants Wakaba to keep losing these bets lol

joined Jan 14, 2020

Twist: we'll learn Komaki actually is an angel with reality-warping powers...

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

If I read the words "I hate you" just one more time in this series imma stop reading

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

If I read the words "I hate you" just one more time in this series imma stop reading

Well I guess we'll probably see you for 1 more chapter lmao

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Yeah since that's pretty much the "free space" on this manga's next chapter bingo card.

Maybe it'll help if you just mentally substitute the "I hate you" with "I love you", since that's more or less what they really mean when they say it.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I hate you!"
"I hate you more!"
they fuck

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah since that's pretty much the "free space" on this manga's next chapter bingo card.

Maybe it'll help if you just mentally substitute the "I hate you" with "I love you", since that's more or less what they really mean when they say it.

Exactly, if there's one thing that's for certain with this manga it's them saying "I hate you", probably as they kiss. I'm honestly not even sure if we'll ever get a proper "I love you" between the two leads with this lol

"I hate you!"
"I hate you more!"
they fuck

If anyone ever walks in on them they're going to be more confused than anything

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Kudos to Wakaba for keeping her verbal reactions to the minimum.

Poor Matsuri, though. Not sure if ai was used or not, but if so...... oh, doomed yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.