Forum › My Mom's a Superstar discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The chapter didn't say that, though. Xiao Pei is shown being in a shitty position, but it wasn't framed as a "what to do". If anything, if we want to overinterpret it as a message, it would be a critique of how people in showbiz (or other jobs) acts toward help. The people overworking her weren't treated as being in the right.

She's in a shit job, perseveres, then gets rewarded for her perseverance by a lucky break. Insofar as this has any message it is definitely "stick with it" instead of "fuck this shit, go somewhere where people will treat you with respect before a mental breakdown will make that decision for you".

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

The chapter didn't say that, though. Xiao Pei is shown being in a shitty position, but it wasn't framed as a "what to do". If anything, if we want to overinterpret it as a message, it would be a critique of how people in showbiz (or other jobs) acts toward help. The people overworking her weren't treated as being in the right.

She's in a shit job, perseveres, then gets rewarded for her perseverance by a lucky break. Insofar as this has any message it is definitely "stick with it" instead of "fuck this shit, go somewhere where people will treat you with respect before a mental breakdown will make that decision for you".

I definitely saw some of this. "Thank goodness someone showed me the respect necessary not to let my head crack open in a fall on the stairs. Now I have enough motivation to get back to the grind!" It's nice she found the opportunity when she did, but it would've been cool to be shown Xiao Pei considering other options.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Every time a new chapter of this series is released, it gets me jumping up and down in joy.
I'm a sucker for baihe manhua, especially when it's crazy good!
I love My Mom's a Superstar so much!

last edited at Jun 7, 2024 1:50PM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So... this is basically all sponsored content now? Someone should teach the artist to be a bit more covert about this.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I really want Ren's casual going-out fit, it looks great.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

So... this is basically all sponsored content now? Someone should teach the artist to be a bit more covert about this.

It's a little unfortunate, but since we're getting all chapters for free the artist's only source of income is through sponsored chapters + income from physical release sales. Besides, she's currently working on a 106-page chapter for university arc (2), so I'd reckon a guess that from now on we'll get huge long b/w chapters for plot, and short-sometimes-sponsored colored pages in the meantime.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's a little unfortunate, but since we're getting all chapters for free the artist's only source of income is through sponsored chapters + income from physical release sales. Besides, she's currently working on a 106-page chapter for university arc (2), so I'd reckon a guess that from now on we'll get huge long b/w chapters for plot, and short-sometimes-sponsored colored pages in the meantime.

Good to know University (2) is being worked on. Do you know if there's been any kind of a projected date for that?

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

On the one hand, advertising's a slog. On the other, part of the reason is you rarely ever see an ad this beautiful.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Oh, I'm glad the second arc is in the works. I've been slightly worried ever since the author went on their tour for this series--- it felt like we've been moving away from yuri, which is in their right as the artist and author, but would've been a little disappointing tbh!

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Isn't Youzi 14 y/o in this time frame? For Youji to pick her up from sleep with ease, this woman sure has strong arms. Just how many cool points does she have?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Isn't Youzi 14 y/o in this time frame? For Youji to pick her up from sleep with ease, this woman sure has strong arms. Just how many cool points does she have?

I think so. I checked my old notes, and Youji has shorter hair when Youzi is 14. https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/875010

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

For anyone asking, university arc (2) will most probably be the next update with a progress of 80/106 pages, releasing this month!

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

For anyone asking, university arc (2) will most probably be the next update with a progress of 80/106 pages, releasing this month!

Yay!!!

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

... Am I high, or is that award statuette on https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_moms_a_superstar_ch34#2 a cobra?

joined Jan 14, 2020

You got the page wrong, but yes, it does look like one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.