Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Japanese people seems okay with their bf/gf have s*x with other people or prostitution if it's because they want to satisfied their lust I have heard from an interview. It's weird but considering a lot of cuck content they have in media and p*rn or Light novels, Mangas, maybe thats why it's acceptable for the MC

Why the hell would you assume a character given the title "scumbag" by her Japanese author would be representative of all Japanese people. The author didn't label her "extremely normal person who represents us all".

While I agree she isn't representative, the story doesn't suggest that she's considered a scumbag because she's mostly okay with her girlfriend's job.

last edited at May 18, 2024 7:19PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

Japanese people seems okay with their bf/gf have s*x with other people or prostitution if it's because they want to satisfied their lust I have heard from an interview. It's weird but considering a lot of cuck content they have in media and p*rn or Light novels, Mangas, maybe thats why it's acceptable for the MC

Why the hell would you assume a character given the title "scumbag" by her Japanese author would be representative of all Japanese people. The author didn't label her "extremely normal person who represents us all".

While I agree she isn't representative, the story doesn't suggest that she's considered a scumbag because she's mostly okay with her girlfriend's job.

Oh no obviously that's not a scummy thing. It's just about her not being representative as a "normal Japanese person," and I don't think the character or the author particularly value that normalcy over being real. Accepting her girlfriend's job and not being hypocritical about it makes her a good person in my opinion but I'm aware most people aren't good like her. Her mom absolutely could not accept that sort of thing.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Oh no obviously that's not a scummy thing. It's just about her not being representative as a "normal Japanese person," and I don't think the character or the author particularly value that normalcy over being real. Accepting her girlfriend's job and not being hypocritical about it makes her a good person in my opinion but I'm aware most people aren't good like her. Her mom absolutely could not accept that sort of thing.

Yeah just wanted to check, just in case. Her mom is definitely a different beast altogether!

last edited at May 18, 2024 8:07PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

When she said she had Xmas presents, I looked first at the one in her left hand—and I was puzzled for a while. "What is that, a maraca? Does she want to sing karaoke?"

Then I looked at the one in her right hand and spat my lemonade all over the screen.

This series has just gained a level in ecchiness. (>///‿///<)

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

When she said she had Xmas presents, I looked first at the one in her left hand—and I was puzzled for a while. "What is that, a maraca? Does she want to sing karaoke?"

Then I looked at the one in her right hand and spat my lemonade all over the screen.

Don't fret, pet. That's nothing next to the megajump in kinkiness that My Girlfriend's Not Here Today has just experienced.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I dunno, everybody calls the ladies they get horny for on the internet "mommy" now. It still takes a bolder sort to show off their sex toy collection

joined Aug 29, 2019

Don't fret, pet. That's nothing next to the megajump in kinkiness that My Girlfriend's Not Here Today has just experienced.

Oh, my, maybe I should catch up on that one after all! Didn't stick with it since I wasn't feeling the high drama when the first chapters came out.

joined Jan 19, 2021

Can I just say it fucking slays me how Makino only ever refers to the rich kid as "The Guy With The Platinum Card" lmao she's so unrepentantly scummy and I love that for her.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Super cute. Somehow I forgot this is a "family affair:" sisters dating their girlfriend's sister. When she finds out, the mom's head will explode and it'll be fantastic. Mashiro has also come a long way, being able to show off her lover like that. They really have a wholesome relationship, despite the periodical chaos--or maybe the wholesomeness stands out because it survives all that chaos.

last edited at May 29, 2024 6:35PM

joined Oct 9, 2011

On another I just had a thought for more drama, won't Mashiro get into major trouble if her agency finds out she is dating Makino?
Since isn't advised that prostitutes don't date a former client.

I imagine that depends on the specific agency, though I admit that I’m not really up to date on the standards of the Japanese lesbian delivery health industry. All the same, if she’s still working as usual, what the hell would they have to complain about?

That's true.
Though now that I think about it, it's more prostitutes are adviced not to date former clients for potential safety risks. Ya know, in case things go really south.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

"I pray that I'll get to have lots of sex with Mashiro-san this year too."
Lmao Makino has to be just a little scummy every chapter to live up to the manga's name.

Super cute. Somehow I forgot this is a "family affair:" sisters dating their girlfriend's sister. When she finds out, the mom's head will explode and it'll be fantastic.

Mashiro and Sena aren't actually sisters, if that's what you're saying here.

joined Sep 10, 2022

"I pray that I'll get to have lots of sex with Mashiro-san this year too."
Lmao Makino has to be just a little scummy every chapter to live up to the manga's name.

Super cute. Somehow I forgot this is a "family affair:" sisters dating their girlfriend's sister. When she finds out, the mom's head will explode and it'll be fantastic.

Yeah I got mixed up.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Aren't they exes, though? Then it's still juicy in my book. :-)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Mashiro is adopted

joined Aug 11, 2022

For the MC's GF [Lily job] and the few people who think MC is fine with her GF sleeping with other women (She not fine with it)...MC has no choice in her GF's job choice (They need to pay the bills somehow so unless you want MC to ask her parents to pay for the apartment rent money + Money to pay for future university course or create a pointless argument with Mashiro then RIP, I don't get why people are misunderstanding and think MC is fine with it, MC is jealous and annoyed but knows Mashiro does it to survive (Life is tough...)...Even though MC is a bit dumb at least she can be proud of being smarter than a few dumb people in here [Sorry~] XD). If Mashiro quit [Lily Job] then she just probably be barely breaking even with her part-time lecturer job + the maid job MC got with her assuming she saved up a few months of emergency rent money for the future + money for Courses fees to train for future job.

[Remainder for Story elements from past chapters]
For Sena And Mashiro, I think they from same Orphanage (Mashiro got thrown away by her parents when she was little), so Mashiro viewed Sena as her onee-sama probably due to same Orphanage and used to have a crush on (Aiming to be clinical psychologist to support Sena dream of building a child-caring facility/etc.- MC's onee-chan aiming to be Sena's support).

last edited at May 30, 2024 5:08AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

...Even though MC is a bit dumb at least she can be proud of being smarter than a few dumb people in here [Sorry~] XD

Oh...we got another one.

last edited at May 30, 2024 4:13PM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

For Sena And Mashiro, I think they from same Orphanage (Mashiro got thrown away by her parents when she was little), so Mashiro viewed Sena as her onee-sama probably due to same Orphanage and used to have a crush on (Aiming to be clinical psychologist to support Sena dream of building a child-caring facility/etc.- MC's onee-chan aiming to be Sena's support).

Thanks for the reminder. I only remembered they weren't biologically related because there wasn't an incest freakout in the comments about Mashiro having a crush on Sena.

I don't think they ever dated. Mashiro had a crush on Sena though. She either confessed and was rejected or never said anything and was heartbroken when Sena started dating Makino's big sister. Can't recall which one.

last edited at May 30, 2024 8:04AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Damn author san, hope you're ok..? look after yourself, stairs can be dangerous, if you're not careful.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Thanks for the reminder. I only remembered they weren't biologically related because there wasn't an incest freakout in the comments about Mashiro having a crush on Sena.

I don't think they ever dated. Mashiro had a crush on Sena though. She either confessed and was rejected or never said anything and was heartbroken when Sena started dating Makino's big sister. Can't recall which one.

Mashiro originally pursued her profession largely because of Sena, if I remember correctly. She felt like she had been replaced by Makino's sister back then.

last edited at May 30, 2024 8:35AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, that was lovely. ^_^

joined Apr 10, 2023

For the MC's GF [Lily job] and the few people who think MC is fine with her GF sleeping with other women (She not fine with it)...MC has no choice in her GF's job choice (They need to pay the bills somehow so unless you want MC to ask her parents to pay for the apartment rent money + Money to pay for future university course or create a pointless argument with Mashiro then RIP, I don't get why people are misunderstanding and think MC is fine with it, MC is jealous and annoyed but knows Mashiro does it to survive (Life is tough...)...Even though MC is a bit dumb at least she can be proud of being smarter than a few dumb people in here [Sorry~] XD). If Mashiro quit [Lily Job] then she just probably be barely breaking even with her part-time lecturer job + the maid job MC got with her assuming she saved up a few months of emergency rent money for the future + money for Courses fees to train for future job.

Except uhhhh obviously Makino fine with it because as you can see this chapter she's fine. It's not something she's bothered by or feeling any sort of significant negative mental effect over because she's fine. That's what being "fine with it" means lol. Is Mashiro's lesbian sex work her ideal job for her spouse? Probably not but the only evidence I have for that is that Mashiro's dream job is working in psychology and Makino probably wants her wife to have the dream job she wants. Other than that there's her feeling jealous that Mashiro's doing something fun/other people are doing something fun with Mashiro while Makino had to study, which is not any obviously anti-sex work feeling, and whatever biases and assumptions you bring to the table.

joined Aug 11, 2022

Oh...we got another one.

Hmm Not sure why you felt the need to respond to that unless you were one of those people complaining and wondering why MC is fine with her GF's job Cough*John*cough* lol? I am going to ignore your dig (Your comment bit vague and seems to be a dig?) at me due to your assumption, going to be the bigger person I guess~ I look thought the last couple of pages and you were not one of the people I was pointing at but seems you assumed I was lol XD

Mashiro originally pursued her profession largely because of Sena, if I remember correctly. She felt like she had been replaced by Makino's sister back then.

Yep~ You are correct in your memory. Mashiro had conflicting feeling early on but managed to sort out her feelings and even help fix Sena and MC's older sis relationship issues. Mashiro might might still be aiming for same job but no becuz of Sena.

Except uhhhh obviously Makino fine with it because as you can see this chapter she's fine. It's not something she's bothered by or feeling any sort of significant negative mental effect over because she's fine. That's what being "fine with it" means lol. Is Mashiro's lesbian sex work her ideal job for her spouse? Probably not but the only evidence I have for that is that Mashiro's dream job is working in psychology and Makino probably wants her wife to have the dream job she wants. Other than that there's her feeling jealous that Mashiro's doing something fun/other people are doing something fun with Mashiro while Makino had to study, which is not any obviously anti-sex work feeling, and whatever biases and assumptions you bring to the table.

Hmm, wonder what is with people trying to pick fights with me? I wonder if I word my comment the wrong yeah or was my vague comment about MC being smarter than few people here something offense? Do I have a talent for annoying people lol? I am not sure what part you are trying to argue with me about though???
I am not saying MC has any anti-sex work feeling??? In fact I am calling MC quite mature (Working hard to study to get into university) and never made any negative derogatory remarks about Mashiro's job in my comment? Funny how you claim I am bringing Bias and Assumption to the table when you seems to be assuming things about me... XD

MC is not 100% fine with it, she is about 80-85% fine with it to be accurate [she tiny bit bother but just due to minor jealously]. She feels jealously and would rather keep Mashiro to herself but mature enough to not be too bothered by it~ She even follow Mashiro and worried about her when Stalker land mine girl appeared early on (She was bit jealous) Chapter 22-23. Chapter 63, MC a bit upset that Mashiro had to work more at Lily Job due to being fired as Lecturer due to lesser time together as a couple.
MC wish to be a rich oil baron to spend money on Mashiro~ (Good luck MC, you can reach that goal in a few years hopefully if you do well in university~)

I agree with you on MC's being a good person morally which you would know from the post you were commenting on (She still bit lazy and scummy lol) but you a bit wrong if you say MC is not even a tiny bit bothered with Mashiro spending time with others which is not a big deal really since it only human to feel that way.
Hmm Well that is my response post comment to the people that seem angry or annoyed with me~ Hope that clears any possible misunderstanding up but if not then eh whatever~ XD

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Chapters 71 and 72 have been updated to fix some typos

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

you seems to be assuming things about me... XD

You made a vague insult about the intelligence of other posters so I mean yeah it checks out that replies would be short on patience.

Anyway, I hope Kosuzume doesn't feel too quickly pressured out of their break/rest. Falls like that can take a significant toll.

last edited at Jun 6, 2024 6:25PM

joined Jan 19, 2021

It's amazing how this manga went from scumbag stalks a prostitute to such a wholesome romance.

To reply you must either login or sign up.