Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

joined May 10, 2021

I expected it to be that way, as it could not have been this easy... But damn it! I should've been that easy!

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Mashiro failed
Oh no

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

and the ironic thing is that Mashiro probably failed and then the scummy girl becomes the breadwinner supporting Mashiro

Maybe the mother even had a hand in it.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

and the ironic thing is that Mashiro probably failed and then the scummy girl becomes the breadwinner supporting Mashiro

Now that would be something, wouldn't it. :D

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

screaming_opossum.jpg

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That damn cliffhanger was just cruel.

I can't deny suspecting this as well... Especially since she specifically only took the one exam. Scumbag at least had backups.

last edited at Jun 13, 2024 3:08PM

joined Nov 16, 2021

I can't deny suspecting this as well... Especially since she specifically only took the one exam. Scumbag at least had backups.

Looking at the phones whose case is slightly different in shade/color, the one who failed was makino

Ashley_looks_at_a_message_on_the_das~2
joined Feb 20, 2023

Looking at the phones whose case is slightly different in shade/color, the one who failed was makino

Makino's phone has two distinct buttons while Mashiro's has a unified button on the side. So it looks like Makino passed and Mashiro failed

Ad3popdgqsfc1
joined Apr 18, 2023

it's mashirover...

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Makino's phone has two distinct buttons while Mashiro's has a unified button on the side. So it looks like Makino passed and Mashiro failed

Ehhh I think the author intended for it to be the same model phone. And for us not to be able to tell the phones apart in that last page.

That said, I expect Makino to pass because that will be the funnier outcome.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I was sad for the two main girls, but then someone reminded me of Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata and perspective was restored.

joined Aug 11, 2022

If it was MC/Makino that passed that would be funny...but it would be a bit sad for Mashiro and weird since Mashiro is pretty smart (Yeah possible 'foul play' if Mashiro was the one who failed) XD

If Makino was the one who failed then she still got her other universities options to go into it (The less harder exams) but then lesser time together even if they both become university students T__T

Can only wait till next chapter to see the results of this cliffhanger.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was sad for the two main girls, but then someone reminded me of Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata and perspective was restored.

A good reminder to keep our sense of proportion here. This series has its share of red flags about various plot developments, but at least it doesn’t signal, early and often, over and over, “The cute main character is going to be dead, dead, dead. And you can take that to the bank.”

last edited at Jun 15, 2024 8:53AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The giant turtle covers while they were tiny underneath during the smexytime made me giggle.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ehhh I think the author intended for it to be the same model phone. And for us not to be able to tell the phones apart in that last page.

Looking at them again, yes, we see different sides of the phones there, so they should be identical when shown from the same side.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

What's she cooking? Find out next week.

Funny, I was just thinking of this because chapter 79 just dropped as well and here we are.

last edited at Jul 7, 2024 8:18PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Looks like Makino failed after all. But she's not giving up and already considering other places.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Here goes our twist, ehh...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

the expected outcome which somehow made it come quite unexpected, but it looks like Makino's got a taste of working for something and wanting for it to pay off now. So while I'm sure her parents will refuse to see it for now, Mashiro has been a very positive influence on our little scumbag.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Chapter 73 has been reuploaded to fix some typos

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Problem perfectly solved.

And looks like a new adventure is about to start.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Catfight over a waifu incoming.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I genuinely started laughing as I saw the reveal that Kuzu University is directly next to Reiwa U, unfold. Makino is so fucking smart when she needs to be and she only needs to be smart when she's trying to get a one-over on someone.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Honestly, this is a great solution. Unless you’re in the same major, more than likely you wouldn’t be in the same classes anyways. So meeting after class and spending time together that way would be the norm. Also, I’m glad the author is keeping the series going!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Honestly, this is a great solution. Unless you’re in the same major, more than likely you wouldn’t be in the same classes anyways. So meeting after class and spending time together that way would be the norm. Also, I’m glad the author is keeping the series going!

And, if all goes as this chapter seems to point at, they'll be in the same club regardless of going to different universities. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.