Forum › The Blue Star on That Day (Ano Koro no Aoi Hoshi) discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

I have to conclude that either Nae has a killer poker face, or she has utterly failed to connect Umi's dots, namely "Umi likes someone she won't tell me about" and "Umi has gotten really close with Shou".

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I have to conclude that either Nae has a killer poker face, or she has utterly failed to connect Umi's dots, namely "Umi likes someone she won't tell me about" and "Umi has gotten really close with Shou".

Heteronormativity is one hell of a drug

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Shou's useless-lesbianess reached peak levels this chapter

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also the nurse seems sensitive to the possibility of escapades. "Why are the two of you out here by yourselves."

Maybe not escapades, but she’s certainly on the lookout for shenanigans.

Little does she know that it was actually canoodling that was about to turn into hanky-panky.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hey, she's been good.

"That's fine. I don't want you to ever stop liking me."

"Kiss me, now, before you change your mind."

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

So, my yuri goggles say the two teachers planning a weekend sleepover are an item. Any disagreement?

Yea, I also see it. Those are some pretty knowing squints, too.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm just worried someone official will cotton on and make them stop sharing a room.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Hey, she's been good.

"That's fine. I don't want you to ever stop liking me."

"Kiss me, now, before you change your mind."

Yes, I legit don't know how anyone can call Shou "useless". Considering the walls she had to build around her heart to protect herself, she has been making a lot of progress since befriending Umi. She didn't fumble any opportunity here; even if she were ready to get physical with Umi, doing it in private would be better than in a room with other girls sleeping.

terriblewomanyuri
Ehehe%20(1)
joined Aug 23, 2023

So, my yuri goggles say the two teachers planning a weekend sleepover are an item. Any disagreement?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Nice to see Umi is willing to hear her out on keeping their relationship secret as well. It is kind of painful seeing them hide it, but not in an unrealistic way. Just a bit too real, I suppose.

Also Shou suddenly realizing she could be horny in a realistic way is kind of funny.

joined Jan 14, 2020

My puberty was long ago, I have no idea what 'realistic' sexual awakening is, apart from a research websearch on same.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Two lesbian ships passing in the night…

Aweida_compressed
joined Oct 17, 2020

Ugh, aren't they just the cutest, what a wonderful day to be alive.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Wow what a wonderful series.
Pretty sure I'd been avoiding it because updates are so few and far between. Guess I'll just reread it whenever there's an update 3 or so times a year.

I wonder about Shou not wanting Umi to tell Nae, seeing as how Shou doesn't seem to care much about what others think of her.
Maybe she's more worried about it causing trouble for Umi?
Or maybe I'm misreading Shou and she does care what people think and that's why she keeps to herself so much.
She doesn't like sticking out and is afraid of bullying for being "weird", like what happened in elementary school.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, re-read or bookmark my notes. :p

I wonder about Shou's reluctance too, but don't think we know enough to really guess. Fear of homophobia, fear of standing out, some idea of wanting to keep Umi to herself (doesn't really make sense but feels plausible in a hazy way), fear of the school separating them... maybe having a more negative impression of Nae given the latter "coming on" to her the first sleepover night. :)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop with this manga.

It's full of fluffy moments, but you can feel the drama lurking at the edge.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hmm. Mostly I haven't felt incipient drama, just bumbling teen fluff. A few things do worry, though. Most obvious is the "moderate luck" fortune that Umi drew. Not that I believe in fortune-telling but the author seemed to be putting her thumb on things there. Umi seems very lucky so far, so what's the downside...?

I can also imagine some problems. Umi seems to be Shou's first friend, ever, as well as first girlfriend. Um has been lusting after Shou more, but Shou needs Umi emotionally more than the reverse. That could go some bad places; maybe the "don't tell your friend" is shuffling toward that.

And while I've liked to imagine Nae as a latent bisexual who happens to have arranged her own perfect marriage, there's no real evidence of that; maybe she would turn out to be homophobic and Umi be pulled between best friend/friend group and girlfriend.

girlswhokiss
joined Apr 5, 2023

Her face while looking out the window is so cute, love the blush(?) details Aoikani draws on their faces

joined Jan 14, 2020

Umi nursing Ibu, as usual.

Nae wanting to come back to Okinawa with just Umi. I'm not saying she's bi for Umi but she ain't squelching the allegations.

I'd comment on blushes but like almost everyone is blushing, maybe it's just Okinawan heat.

Zumiko, study goddess, isn't thrilled about going back to school. I think that fits what we learned recently: she studies hard because she feels she has to, to escape, not because she's so naturally bookish.

Komatsu is friendly enough and/or bored enough to talk to Shou.

Shou gives a beautiful smile. Heck, even Umi doesn't get that smile in person most of the time.

Fuki sleep. Umi sleep. (Yeah, you need that, girl.) Nae sleep -- on Umi. I'm not saying Nae is bi for Umi, but...

Man, it'd be nice to know more about their histories. Do Nae and Umi know each other from like 1st grade, or did they bond a year ago in high school? I think the only ones we know are Ibu and Yoshi having known each other a long time, and Zumi and Shou having gone to school together before.

Thanks for the translation!

last edited at May 3, 2024 12:17AM

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

This manga is soooo slow burn but soooo good. It makes me kinda sad that the artist is self-publishing since they're clearly talented enough to put out a proper serialization and make better money off it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A nice positive ending to this trip with that happy look on her face. ^_^

joined Jan 14, 2020

This manga is soooo slow burn but soooo good. It makes me kinda sad that the artist is self-publishing since they're clearly talented enough to put out a proper serialization and make better money off it.

Per chapter, the story isn't that slow burn. Confession and reciprocation by chapter 7-8. Ecchi thoughts (skirt lift) by chapter 10. First kiss 14. By some standards it's rather brisk!

But she does around 3 chapters a year, so it's been 5.5 years, going by translations. Slow burn if you just read the updates as they come.

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

Holy diabeetus, Batman.

To reply you must either login or sign up.