Forum › How to Break a Triangle discussion

Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

There are a few authors out there who would totally draw a woman of twenty-something and a kid of fourteen having French kisses and sixty-nines and tribbing. They would be very happy to draw it. In extreme detail!

But Kabocha ain't one of them. Her thing is aaaaaangst, not underage explicit sex.

Haha you're so correct! You sure got that right.
In fact the angst so far is nothing next to the angst that is (probably) coming. I've already got a box of hankies ready just for that.

joined May 9, 2017
  1. Why would she let her go? She needs to resolve her trauma, not let her go. I don't think it would be for Aya's own good. I'm not saying the relationship will works out, but Aya being dumped right now would be devastating to her. Their relationship is not healthy because of Koto's trauma, but she is still providing for her, and they are definitively trying to make it work, even if they are awkward.

It just a hypothetical question.
If Aya can make a living in the future and find herself not like Koto anymore. Do you think Koto would let her go?
(I don't know why your answer 2 continues to show number 1 after l checked and edited several times. Please don't mind)

We do indeed have a very different vision of Koto. It sure is interesting to see the story unfold week by week and trying to guess where this is going.

To answer your question, I don't see her forcing her to stay for sure, but I can imagine her breaking down if Aya had to leave/wanted to leave. I honestly don't see her as manipulative, or with bad intention. I just see her as an empty shell and being super dull.

joined Mar 2, 2024

I honestly think Koto doesn't know Erika's feelings. If she does, she would probably react in some way or another. Like we all know she's a deep one when it comes to real feelings (but is clumsy in expressing it) especially when it comes from her only best friend.

I wouldn't say Koto is trying to manipulate Erika. The reason why she asked Erika out in previous chapter just show how broken she was after Aya's disappearance, even after years passed by. She tried to fill in the hole with anyone who confessed to her but nevertheless it's all in vain. While asking Erika out was probably her last resort of trying, still in hope that it would turn out different than the rest of her previous exes. How is it different? It's because Koto feel safe to tell Erika anything, without hiding her feelings at all. Surely her exes doesn't know Koto that well but Erika does, and Koto must have known this too. Just not about Erika's actual feelings.

I do actually wonder about Erika's condition after finding out Aya accepted Koto's confession during middle school. How she felt, how she coped up and all. I believe her (mysterious) conversation with Aya in Tanabata day must have a serious impact for the story, if we ever find out in the future chapter that is.

joined Oct 24, 2023

To answer your question, I don't see her forcing her to stay for sure, but I can imagine her breaking down if Aya had to leave/wanted to leave. I honestly don't see her as manipulative, or with bad intention. I just see her as an empty shell and being super dull.

I respect your opinions.
However, I also can't convince myself that she is as innocent as you said.
I can't just pretend chapter 4 doesn't exist.
What Koto did towards a 14yo kid is really horrible. That's the main reason why I have a second thought about Koto's every behavior.

I really do hope their relationship would work out. But I am really afraid Aya would got a broken heart at the end of the road.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I respect your opinions.
However, I also can't convince myself that she is as innocent as you said.
I can't just pretend chapter 4 doesn't exist.
What Koto did towards a 14yo kid is really horrible. That's the main reason why I have a second thought about Koto's every behavior.

You keep saying this, but can you please spell out exactly what Koto said that was so horrible?

If it was the business about being sure Aya loved the present-day Koto, you seem to be putting an extremely nasty reading on those statements that are potentially plausible, but at this point by no means the only way to understand what Koto meant.

last edited at Mar 13, 2024 7:54PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

You keep saying this, but can you please spell out exactly what Koto said that was so horrible?

I just re-read Chapter 4, and it seems fine -- until the very last pages. "I just knew she would respond this way" and looking at a script. Really does make it seem like Koto was being deliberately manipulative of Aya's feelings.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just re-read Chapter 4, and it seems fine -- until the very last pages. "I just knew she would respond this way" and looking at a script. Really does make it seem like Koto was being deliberately manipulative of Aya's feelings.

I agree that the script is a puzzling detail, and an anomalous one—I can’t think of anything else in the story that is depicted as being a purely symbolic scene, neither a flashback nor a specific memory. Koto’s not just reading from a script either—she’s standing on a stage in a spotlight.

I think that goes back to the scene in Chapter 1 where Aya mischievously says, “I’d like to play a part, Koto. In the script you’ll write.”

Many comments here not unreasonably see Aya as being merely fragile and vulnerable (which she is in the present), but at the time of her disappearance she was definitely in the one-up position in relation to both Koto and Erika (as the object of Koto’s affection and as the block to Erika’s feelings for Koto). And Koto (also not unreasonably) is trying to negotiate feeling like the one in charge while also reverting to being a suitor for Aya’s love.

joined Oct 24, 2023

I think I did explain it to you in detail lol.

If it was the business about being sure Aya loved the present-day Koto, you seem to be putting an extremely nasty reading on those statements that are potentially plausible, but at this point by no means the only way to understand what Koto meant.

You did skip reading my post, didn't you.

Koto acted like she was saying goodbye and breaking up with Aya.

"Me and Erika-chan, we are going back in college soon."
"In this way, l've been able to see your face before that."
Even a14 yo kid knows Koto is saying goodbye.
We All know Koto doesn't really mean it because of the last few page in this fucking chapter.
WTF Maybe you can tell me her intention for deliberately saying those words to a kid who has no one left except her and Erika.

joined Oct 24, 2023

WTF? OK, you’re rude enough that I can see you’re not worth talking to.

This is not towards you but express the feelings which I am so angry towards Koto.
But I do agree it's a waste of time for both of us to continue any discussion.

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
joined Nov 3, 2023

You know, the more I read what the commenters have to say about Koto, the more I understand why Erika fans want her to find somebody else. Shit, girl has issues, deeper than I thought.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Now, after seeing how much it escalated, I feel sorry starting all of this about Koto on page 5 (comment from October 2023)
And this one on page 6
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20930-how-to-break-a-triangle-discussion?page=6#forum_post_879902

when I said: "Koto is getting creepier with every next chapter"

Why I'm sorry if I was right?
Because I don't think Koto deserves so much hatred (at least not for now, we'll see after development)

At this point, I think every MC has some dark hidden side (Aya, Koto, and Erika equally)
And for me is too early to side with anyone.
I don't want my heart broken, just in case.

joined Oct 24, 2023

I'm actually pretty fond of Koto.
It's not like I hate her so being picky about her. Just can't turn back on what I have seen. I still like her more than Erika even though I see her as a control freak.

While Aya is like the girl out of my dream, my first love is Koto type of girl.
However, I am not even half clever or mature as Aya back then when I was a teenager.
We literally tortured each other.
That relationship is totally a disaster and not ends very well for both of us.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

I'm actually pretty fond of Koto.
It's not like I hate her so being picky about her. Just can't turn back on what I have seen. I still like her more than Erika even though I see her as a control freak.

While Aya is like the girl out of my dream, my first love is Koto type of girl.
However, I am not even half clever or mature as Aya back then when I was a teenager.
We literally tortured each other.
That relationship is totally a disaster and not ends very well for both of us.

I'm similar as you. I see same things about Koto and I like her more than Erika. But I like past Koto better than Koto now (as personality).

I like Erika now better, than Erika in school.

And Aya...she has some elegance. I'm truly rooting for her to find her place after all what pushed her 7 years forward.
Anyway, I'm still reserved (about ships and all)
I'm prepared for unexpected twists.

About your relationship experience, don't worry. It happens to many, sooner or later. I also had some bad experiences. It's learning.

And, I have to tell that I did not point on you for talking about Koto.
I meant generally (more like Erika's fans became too passionate, ha ha)

joined Oct 24, 2023

I'm similar as you. I see same things about Koto and I like her more than Erika. But I like past Koto better than Koto now (as personality).

About your relationship experience, don't worry. It happens to many, sooner or later. I also had some bad experiences. It's learning.

Past Koto is…ok.
If Aya never got spirited away, their relationship would be envied by all.
However, present Koto is a real problem. I just know what Aya is going to suffer in this relationship even without all age gap issues.
It's like l see a ship destined to sink but can't do anything about it.

last edited at Mar 15, 2024 9:13AM

joined Mar 2, 2024

It's like l see a ship destined to sink but can't do anything about it.

It's too early to say Koto and Aya gonna sink imo, we're only at chapter 9 for now. Anything can happen in the future. There might be character development, more drama and twists, and whatever Kabocha wants to do in this manga. I'm looking forward to see how the story gonna go. So far every chapter feels fresh to me that I never get bored in rereading them all over again.

Imresizer-1712497016375
joined Mar 9, 2024

I find the idea of being "spirited away" harrowing. I don't even want to imagine myself nor my loved ones disappearing like that. It's why I can sympathize with Koto and her breakdown. That's a PTSD-inducing event.
This story is something. Excited to read more.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 7:23AM

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

A love quadrangle...? Sigh.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

So good to see Aya moving forward with a clearer path. I'm also so happy she found someone to relate to with the whole middle school dropout issue.

Koto needs to learn to move forward too instead of stifling Aya's growth out of her own selfish fears.

joined Sep 13, 2022

ugh if the guy is played up as an actual love interest ill be sad.

also i really hate the whole “ooh a boy and a girl are interacting they must date now” thing. let people be friends ffs

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Koto seems to be getting more and more posessive and restrictive towards Aya. I worry about how far she'd take things to keep Aya dependent on her. Agreed with @Chikaon that meeting someone who's roughly her age in a similar situation is a good thing, but it does seem to be provoking Koto a lot so we'll see how all this pans out.

Curious to see what role Erika will have to play here.

joined Apr 16, 2022

The anti-Koto people on this forum must have enjoyed this chapter lol.

To be clear, I don't hate Koto. I think her behavior is extremely understandable as someone clearly suffering from PTSD after the girl she loved suddenly disappeared (and presumably died), and that girl suddenly showing up again as a 14-year-old is literally unprecedented and would drive anyone a bit crazy. But that doesn't change the fact that she's not doing well right now and her extreme overprotectiveness and abandonment anxiety are the exact opposite of what Aya needs.

On the other hand, I really liked Aya in this chapter. Her situation is so shitty but she's trying to make the best of it and move forward. I don't know how many people in her circumstances could have done the same.

(Okay I'll admit it I'm kind of shipping Aya and Erika lol.)

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

"I asked you for help studying because I wanted to be next to you."
"Wow that's crazy, I'm asking this boy for help. Cya later xoxo."

last edited at Apr 6, 2024 11:23PM

joined Mar 2, 2024

Many people in this forum clearly doesn't understand Koto's suffering from that PTSD and we will see them come at her soon after reading the last chapter.

I'm not too sure if the boy's role is gonna be some kind of love rival or not but I should say Aya befriending him is a good thing. He could help her with the situation Aya must deal in order to fill in the seven years gap that Koto is unable to do because of her own anxieties.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

lol
lmao, even
Predicting some people here will be mad, so I will not be reading any posts

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Is it implied the boy also got lost in a vacuum somewhere for x number of years? Probably not, but that was the first thing I thought of rather than him being a potential love interest.

To reply you must either login or sign up.