joined Jun 21, 2021

...?!

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Please, talk.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

:(

Thanks for the translation, i'm very sad now.

joined Sep 14, 2019

I had to log in my long unused account just to explain to you all that Blond girl killed herself, the ocean is an obvious metaphor for depression, and MC is also struggling with it. Why is everyone so confused?

joined Oct 23, 2022

I had to log in my long unused account just to explain to you all that Blond girl killed herself, the ocean is an obvious metaphor for depression, and MC is also struggling with it. Why is everyone so confused?

Thanks for the explaination I was completely buffled by this simply cuz I couldnt tell whether it was a metaphor or a supernatural event occured

joined Nov 20, 2017

I don't really understand the last few pages. What does Yura (?) mean on page 41 when she tells Koma that "she's not her problem" and "she's being looked down on". Why is she calling her a coward when the train doors are closing ?

I'm just confused ahaha ^^"

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

c104 posted:

It's not that clear to me. Not even who killed themselves (if they did).

Maybe it's the translation, but this oneshot fails to convey any so-called metaphor.

last edited at Mar 24, 2024 5:25PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I don't really understand the last few pages. What does Yura (?) mean on page 41 when she tells Koma that "she's not her problem" and "she's being looked down on". Why is she calling her a coward when the train doors are closing ?

Koma and Yura are childhood friends, but Yura didn't get into the same high school as Koma, and is bullied by her new classmates, with no one to stand up for her. The bullying gets worse and worse, to the point where Yura stutters more and more and can no longer attend school. Yura sends increasingly frantic signals to Koma that she needs urgent help throughout the year, but Koma is too comfortable with her own legitimately good high school life to intervene. Instead of helping her friend with her problems, she just wants them to go away on their own, while simultaneously bottling up her feelings for Yura. In the end, Yura basically says, come with me or I will drown myself, and Koma is still unable to bring herself to reach out to her, because even acknowledging that her friend is suicidal would demolish any illusion of a proper high school life she wants so badly. The seawater IMO represents Koma's feeling of helplessness, rather than outright depression.

It's quite a common story, unfortunately. For example, a lot of folks don't accept that climate change is real and think that if they believe in the good old ways hard enough, all the excess CO2 will just go away on its own. I believe that climate change comparison was very much intended by the author, or they wouldn't chosen to highlight that particular end of the world scenario in the opening scene.

last edited at Mar 24, 2024 5:28PM

joined May 10, 2021

Feels good to feel depressed.
Thanks for the translation!

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Her friend really is a coward...

joined Feb 24, 2023

Well looks like she’ll have to live with the guilt of letting her friend die for the rest of her life, seems a fitting punishment

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

At what point did she die? I am a bit confused but I get the overall message of Kona pretending she wasn't seeing what happened. However not having any subtle reference to how the friend passed away just makes it feel incomplete. I could be missing something is some panel, maybe.

08bfe81a-adc0-4b62-8695-fb0e9feb4b41
joined Nov 14, 2022

I'm just confused ahaha ^^"

So my understanding is that “not her problem” was something Yura actually said when she was still alive as Koma kept brushing her off when it was clear something was wrong “you got hurt, but knowing you it was probably your fault, right?” It was clear that Yura was getting bullied and skipping school but Koma refused to acknowledge any of it.

Eventually Yura killed herself due to the bullying and lack of support from her supposed friend, possibly by drowning herself. As such Koma now has the guilt that she didn’t do enough to help Yura, it’s her subconscious calling her a coward for refusing to address the actual problems and potentially save her friend’s life.

last edited at Mar 24, 2024 8:48PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I feel, in many cases the only difference between a suicide and a school shooting is where the bullied student(s) aims their rage. Maybe getting students, we see are in trouble, help, instead of turning our backs on them, is in everybody's best interest.

Kanacatmybaby
joined Jul 22, 2023

I think the "end of the world" date is actually when Yura committed suicide. Everything we see up until near the end is most likely a flashback or a mix of different delusions overtime, with the ending of the oneshot showcasing how the guilt of ignoring the warning signs makes her feel like she's drowning. Like Glamour said earlier, it's her subconscious calling her a coward. Maybe the both of them did take a train to the beach and that's when it happened, so every July 1st she relives that guilty memory over and over again with the same ending.

joined Sep 1, 2017

^ ^ That's pretty much the same conclusion I came to. ^^

joined Sep 1, 2017

Am I the only one who wishes they could go to yura's school and do some face punching? I know violence is never the answer but sometimes I just want to get the answer wrong on purpose.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

She then went on to become a pediatrics nurse and pull the exact same stuff with jer patients' mothers /half-joke

joined Aug 21, 2017

Koma and Yura are childhood friends, but Yura didn't get into the same high school as Koma, and is bullied by her new classmates, with no one to stand up for her. The bullying gets worse and worse, to the point where Yura stutters more and more and can no longer attend school. Yura sends increasingly frantic signals to Koma that she needs urgent help throughout the year, but Koma is too comfortable with her own legitimately good high school life to intervene. Instead of helping her friend with her problems, she just wants them to go away on their own, while simultaneously bottling up her feelings for Yura. In the end, Yura basically says, come with me or I will drown myself, and Koma is still unable to bring herself to reach out to her, because even acknowledging that her friend is suicidal would demolish any illusion of a proper high school life she wants so badly. The seawater IMO represents Koma's feeling of helplessness, rather than outright depression.

It's quite a common story, unfortunately. For example, a lot of folks don't accept that climate change is real and think that if they believe in the good old ways hard enough, all the excess CO2 will just go away on its own. I believe that climate change comparison was very much intended by the author, or they wouldn't chosen to highlight that particular end of the world scenario in the opening scene.

Thanks for the explanation, the climate change angle is very interesting.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

the feeling of something slipping through your fingers just a little too fast for you to grasp

To reply you must either login or sign up.