Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Biggest surprise in this chapter for me is how young-looking Michi treated Michi like a different person with the "you" and "we're". There's ways to explain it, like how people might talk to an inner self in second or even third person, but that's a stretch. Keeping things simple, it seems that younger-looking Michi might be a completely separate entity separated in time or identity. The power that Sayaka transferred seems to have kept her around for longer, when she had been fading before, so she's not gone yet.

This chapter left more questions than answers. Typical lol. But hey, the kiss is exciting, because that's got to shake up Michiru and Aizawa's relationship significantly.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Oof, a lot to digest in this one. Yay for smoochies though!

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

We do not deserve Sayaka senpai

6e96aff0-ae84-405e-91d9-2508f571c155
joined Aug 7, 2023

Poor Tear, she deserves someone better and not someone who’s probably the reason why one of the members is dead. Ange was always sus af, why would you say you want to check if Aizawa is dead right in front of your gf

joined Aug 1, 2022

Biggest surprise in this chapter for me is how young-looking Michi treated Michi like a different person with the "you" and "we're". There's ways to explain it, like how people might talk to an inner self in second or even third person, but that's a stretch. Keeping things simple, it seems that younger-looking Michi might be a completely separate entity separated in time or identity. The power that Sayaka transferred seems to have kept her around for longer, when she had been fading before, so she's not gone yet.

This chapter left more questions than answers. Typical lol. But hey, the kiss is exciting, because that's got to shake up Michiru and Aizawa's relationship significantly.

Yes, yes, and yes! This exactly. Thank you for uploading!!!

joined Aug 21, 2017

This manga honestly gives me the same vibes as a crime drama. Every chapter reveals more connections and even more questions.

joined May 10, 2021

I have no idea what the fuck is happening, but hurray for teh kiss!
Thanks for the chapter!

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

This just keeps getting more confusing. How the hell did a star get on the back of her neck.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

This just keeps getting more confusing. How the hell did a star get on the back of her neck.

It appeared in chapter 6 after her little version promised Aizawa in a dream to get her out of the classroom. Now it's been strengthened.

joined Jul 8, 2019

wat

seriously, what in the fuck am I reading?

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Just let us be with you a little more. I know we keep making it harder for you. I'm sorry.

Interesting that mini-Michi said "us" and "we" referring to herself and the star seals placed all over. And apologized. That sends a mixed message on whether she's more of a conscious spirit or more of a spell construct with the seals. Since she has emotions, I guess she could be a construct made of Michi's memories.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I thought the "us" and "we" meant Mini Michi and Aizawa

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Just let us be with you a little more. I know we keep making it harder for you. I'm sorry.

Interesting that mini-Michi said "us" and "we" referring to herself and the star seals placed all over.

Just to clarify, that should be in reference to mini Michi and Aizawa. She refers to "That girl and I"/私とその子 in the previous line and I decided to carry it over into the next, though it's a bit ambiguous and she could have simply meant herself. The montage of the stars could have been to signify she's the one who made them, not Michi, but it's hard to guess her nature yet.

The other Michi being treated as a wholly separate entity was the 2nd biggest surprise for me, the 1st being Sayaka and Karasuma's connection. Nothing about Sayaka can surprise me anymore. Most of the rest of the chapter feels like the culmination of everything already set up this volume. And I can't wait to see where the next one goes with Michi coming to terms with being in love with Aizawa. She spent way too long denying it.

I'm also considering making an unofficial extra with the 3rd volume, re-examining the details of the story so far as objectively as I can, since a lot of people seem lost. The first two volumes really trick you into thinking you aren't reading a complicated mystery about memory loss and esoteric ghost rules.

Though I think it's fine to be lost so long as Michi's just as confused. All this will have to be explained to her at some point.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

It's really unnerving the way possessed Ange acted so giddy as she was approaching Aizawa. Why does she also insist that Tear comes along and witness what's to happen? If she rushed in by herself, she probably would have been able to do whatever she was going to. But then again yeah Ange wasn't expecting the seal to reappear.

Another thing I find myself rereading is "Just let us be with you a little more." Like everyone else I'm surprised that mini Michi is treated separate. The line really makes me think though, if the presence of mini Michi and Aizawa are meant to be temporary, and if they are doomed to fade away, even without the threat of Ange finding them. How separated/distinct are the two Michi's? I feel like if the two were formerly one then split due to the festival incident, micro Michi would more likely than not view herself as a core part of Michi Michi, rather than something that causes trouble for her.

When Michi was running through her subconscience, she had a moment where she finally found what she was looking for to fill up the emptiness she felt. She reached towards mini Michi, but grabbed a hold of Aizawa instead. I associated small Michi with Michi's former self before the festival incident. The sequence of events makes me feel like it's the story's way of indicating that Michi is moving forward instead of trying to fill the emptiness with her past self. She's finding purpose in her role protecting Aizawa. I think that's neat.

This chapter brought up so many questions. Man this is really a doozy to process all at once but I'm really loving this series. Thanks for the scanlations and in-depth notes, Blamey :)

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I'm also considering making an unofficial extra with the 3rd volume, re-examining the details of the story so far as objectively as I can, since a lot of people seem lost. The first two volumes really trick you into thinking you aren't reading a complicated mystery about memory loss and esoteric ghost rules.

That would be greatly appreciated

last edited at Mar 14, 2024 1:13AM

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

What if the young girl isn’t her inner child but her twin sister that she lost?

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

What if the real mini Michi was the friends we made along the way?

(Sorry I had nothing smart to say, I'm dum)

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I have no idea of what just happened, but hurray for ghost kiss!

joined Apr 10, 2023

I'm tempted to be a contrarian and theorize about Ange just wanting to exorcize her friend's ghost to let her rest at peace, but the fact that one of the seals is on her directly, and we see it light back up on her eye when the seal is restored, makes non-evil explanations pretty unlikely. Hard to imagine what Aizawa could have done to attract such a dedicated hatred that even her existing as a ghost is no good for the thing presumably possessing Ange. Maybe she was a sacrifice in some ritual and being a ghost means she wasn't fully "burned" as an offering? Random guess but dang I'm gonna look sooo smart if it turns out to be right lol

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

We do not deserve Sayaka senpai

We really don’t. She’s the best

joined Jun 8, 2022

Think I'd half written a post sometime (ended up getting eaten by a browser crash) wherein I theorized little Michi was a sentient guardian that real Michi poured her memories into intentionally (or accidentally while making it as strong as possible) to guard Aizawa while she wraps up her ghostly business of finishing out the school year, which normally would be a perilously long time for a ghost to linger without becoming twisted or coming to a bad fate. This made me think that more strongly.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

We learned almost nothing!

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

That's what I've been thinking since her first appearance.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Hard to imagine what Aizawa could have done to attract such a dedicated hatred that even her existing as a ghost is no good for the thing presumably possessing Ange.

Maybe it's the ghost of a fan of a rival idol group. Those superfans can be VICIOUS.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I don’t know what just happened… but I really want to see more.

Also, Sayaka is a certified badass now. Wonder if there’s a deeper meaning to that poem around the star.

That's what I've been thinking since her first appearance.

I’m actually wondering if Michi might not just be some sort of vessel for some ritual, what with the star on her neck, her kinda nebulous past, the girl referring to herself as a different person, and Sayaka seeming to have some greater part in all this (I think).

To reply you must either login or sign up.