Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Even the handholding looks they banging!

joined May 10, 2021

President Tao? She's Ningwei's girlfriend and Youyan's boss. She appears in chapter 2.

Ooohh thanks for the clarification!
I guess I'll rely on you a second time now, who's that new girl? I don't remember if she's even new, but she seems to mean business.

Thanks for the translation!

joined Apr 19, 2019

President Tao? She's Ningwei's girlfriend and Youyan's boss. She appears in chapter 2.

I guess I'll rely on you a second time now, who's that new girl? I don't remember if she's even new, but she seems to mean business.

I think this is the first appearance of this character.

joined Nov 13, 2023

That’s Wang Junchan. She’s been mentioned before but this is the first time she’s making an appearance. She’s Ji Youyan’s former manager, a real bitch and the cause of many of her troubles in her previous life. This time around Ji Youyan dumped her early and signed with President Tao’s company.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

"Since you've passed your sell-by date" God damn!

That, my friends, is what we in the business call an "Ironclad Insult." An insult where any comeback you use would be nary as devastating.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

This old lady just want someone to fingering too

joined May 10, 2021

Thanks to the peeps above for answering me.

Holy crap she got owned...
Also the cover art this time is freaking amazing.
Thanks for the chapter!

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

The story is nice and all but it's really hard to take things seriously without questioning all the clothing choices here. They're all so goofy looking. I guess I don't understand high fashion though

joined Dec 5, 2018

The story is nice and all but it's really hard to take things seriously without questioning all the clothing choices here. They're all so goofy looking. I guess I don't understand high fashion though

They are at an event party. Exaggerated dress is expected

Froggochi
joined Sep 3, 2022

Man, I'm so curious~ What was the significance of the bracelet's design? What does it all mean????

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Man, I'm so curious~ What was the significance of the bracelet's design? What does it all mean????

They already explained. Jing loves pandas and Youyan gave her a panda with the dot the first time they met. It's a very personal character between the 2 of them. Almost a representation of youyan's feelings in a way.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Do it, become front page news! It’ll either be that, or this will cause friction in their relationship because someone else bought it and Youyan didn’t bid but did bid on the other item. If President Tao does buy it, I see this being an item that resolves this friction later on when Youyan reveals she bought the artwork through President Tao.

Oh, thinking about it more, I bet that guy Xiu was supposed to marry bids and tries to buy (and did buy previously) the painting.

last edited at Mar 10, 2024 2:58PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I hope we get a good flashback of them flirting while the painting was being made

joined May 10, 2021

Feels like this is gonna backfire. Hard.

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

lol Jing glaring at Song is peak

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Dude was sweating. Anyway, they pulled through as expected.

last edited at Mar 17, 2024 11:49AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

So Youyan told Jing the plan. I’m glad that was shared. But I forgot president Tao is dating a major shipper! This would be priceless to her!

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Jing Xiu's teasing of Ji Youyan is so cute

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I wonder if Xiu asked Song to bid on the painting. Youyan notes that he's been looking and smiling at her, and since Xiu doesn't seem surprised that Youyan was the one who asked Tao to buy it, it's possible this was all a test (or a tease) from Xiu to Youyan to see how she'd react. And they both used someone else to actually bid as a cover.

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

I wonder if Xiu asked Song to bid on the painting. Youyan notes that he's been looking and smiling at her, and since Xiu doesn't seem surprised that Youyan was the one who asked Tao to buy it, it's possible this was all a test (or a tease) from Xiu to Youyan to see how she'd react. And they both used someone else to actually bid as a cover.

That would not explain the glare she sent him

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

That would not explain the glare she sent him. It was pretty spicy

last edited at Mar 17, 2024 11:01PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

5.6 million dollars is such an absurd amount of money for a painting by an amateur lol. I have no idea what's normal for a Chinese charity auction with Chinese celebrities, dunno why they were even bidding in dollars, but it strikes me as extreme nonetheless.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I wonder if Xiu asked Song to bid on the painting

That seems a bit too manipulative and underhanded, to get someone to bid on her own painting. I'd suspect that he was trying to make a move on her but, since in this timeline, she still / again has Youyan, Xiu was annoyed by his attempt.

And damn was Youyan adorable. Again.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I wonder if Xiu asked Song to bid on the painting

That seems a bit too manipulative and underhanded, to get someone to bid on her own painting. I'd suspect that he was trying to make a move on her but, since in this timeline, she still / again has Youyan, Xiu was annoyed by his attempt.

And damn was Youyan adorable. Again.

And even in the original timeline, it didn't seem like she liked him much either. Seems like she was in a bad place and decided to settle because of their breakup and separation. She won't be separated this time and therefore won't settle for less.

last edited at Mar 18, 2024 10:22AM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

That would not explain the glare she sent him. It was pretty spicy

Oh dang, I totally missed that! Yeah, I agree with folks now, it seems like Xiu was definitely not appreciative of his attempt.

It's interesting to think about the differences between this life and the original one. Youyan doesn't seem to know much about Song and Xiu's relationship beyond that it happened, and that she immediately abandoned their wedding and marriage to mourn Youyan. But I think how they got together the first time is going to be relevant, especially as Youyan's changes ripple forward.

She and Xiu already have a much better relationship than last time, so it seems unlikely Xiu is going to be actively moving toward Song, but clearly something pushed them together the first time around. Family pressure? Comphet? Some kind of publicity thing? Or maybe Song just really likes Xiu and, originally, with her heart broken she didn't see any reason not to accept?

To reply you must either login or sign up.