Forum › Gal Maid & Villainess: Only Milady's Happy End Will Win! discussion

joined Apr 14, 2022

i think lately, more and more authors have been realising that their stories should have yandere girls, and i appreciate that.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

I'm definitely interested in seeing where rhis is going

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I know that no one other than me cares, but most of these so-called villainesses are really just sympathetic characters who happen to be tsunderes. Smh... if no one is going to write some really messed up villainesses for me, I'll just have to write them myself!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I know that no one other than me cares, but most of these so-called villainesses are really just sympathetic characters who happen to be tsunderes. Smh... if no one is going to write some really messed up villainesses for me, I'll just have to write them myself!

Real villainess that way.

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Reads most of first chp: Pretty neat. Might read
Sees last page: Now you have my attention. Must read

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This is gonna be fun >:D

GodsStrongestYuriFan
joined Feb 24, 2024

I’m hyped, I wonder how Almelia will develop, because I’m thinking that she’ll be possessive about when it comes to other girls like Estella.
Also when looking back at the first two pages where it shows Almelia telling a girl that she’ll “make her unwanted at the academy” could that be foreshadowing for when she meets Estella, because the appearance of the girl on page 2 and page 40 look very similar.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

"And she's so distrusting that she doesn't trust anyone" Next you're gonna tell me people die when they're killed

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

It's a little awkward, but it's also a line I could see making sense when delivered in a certain cadence. "She's so distrusting that she doesn't trust anyone." Like, not even a single friend or confidant

joined Sep 4, 2016

Maybe it's just me, but there's just so many of these "villainess" stories lately that it's hard to find the entertainment in them anymore. This one does seem to subvert the trope a bit more than the majority of them, so I'll probably give it a shot, but seriously, this genre has become way too over oversaturated.

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 8:35PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Maybe it's just me, but there's just so many of these "villainess" stories lately that it's hard to find the entertainment in them anymore. This one does seem to subvert the trope a bit more than the majority of them, so I'll probably give it a shot, but seriously, this genre has become way too over oversaturated.

I dunno, I like when there's a lot of different takes on the same theme. It's always fun to see what different authors do with it.

Then again, I'm the type that doesn't ever get tired of reading similar stories over and over and over as long as they're enjoyable.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Personally, I love the setting, but it does irk me that it's always, always an otome game isekai. If I had to pick between 10 contemporary stories set in school or office life and 10 with feudal nobility... give me the nobility!!! Pretty dresses, fantasy politics, royal drama! Maybe even some magic and dragons to spice things up? But I've never once felt like game elements or the protagonist knowing the future contributed to my enjoyment of the story, and in a few cases the game elements sent the story so far off the deep end of making any sense that I completely lost interest.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Personally, I love the setting, but it does irk me that it's always, always an otome game isekai. If I had to pick between 10 contemporary stories set in school or office life and 10 with feudal nobility... give me the nobility!!! Pretty dresses, fantasy politics, royal drama! Maybe even some magic and dragons to spice things up? But I've never once felt like game elements or the protagonist knowing the future contributed to my enjoyment of the story, and in a few cases the game elements sent the story so far off the deep end of making any sense that I completely lost interest.

I've recently discovered that not only are these series always otoge isekais, they are all specifically Angelique isekais. Apparently, very few otoges have actually featured villainesses in direct competition with white lily heroines -- rather, that trope was something that the Angelique series used and had an outsized impact on the Japanese pop-culture at large.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I mean Angelique was pretty big, and if the goal of the story is to subvert tropes that are established already in shorthand, picking the big popular entry seems like the only way to make it work without dragging. Othrwise it wouldn't be terribly coherent.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Wow, Serina really said "I will definitely make you happy" then followed it with "I can meet my top oshi, the heroine" in like fifteen seconds. Goofy gyaru.

Granted, the villainess' bullying might be necessary for the heroine to make the prince fall in love with her. So, everything is right in the world.

Download
joined Nov 13, 2022

woa woa woa, the last page it went out from 0 to 100 real f*cking quick. i hope this gonna be so much fun

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm with others on this whole "It's not really a villainess it's just a snobby tsundere brat". Would a story about a proactive girl of lower status turning some high noble's girl world around and making her for the better be boring that's why we have to make it a game isekai.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Apparently, very few otoges have actually featured villainesses in direct competition with white lily heroines -- rather, that trope was something that the Angelique series used and had an outsized impact on the Japanese pop-culture at large.

Sadly that tracks with what I looked up as well. Still the biggest problem with this manga is that the isekai premise is...completely pointless. You could likely remove it and have to change very little to make the plot still work. This manga feels like it's another thing trying to cash in on the trend and adding little to nothing. Also as others have noted: The villainesses of these premises being just tsunderes.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Apparently, very few otoges have actually featured villainesses in direct competition with white lily heroines -- rather, that trope was something that the Angelique series used and had an outsized impact on the Japanese pop-culture at large.

Sadly that tracks with what I looked up as well. Still the biggest problem with this manga is that the isekai premise is...completely pointless. You could likely remove it and have to change very little to make the plot still work. This manga feels like it's another thing trying to cash in on the trend and adding little to nothing. Also as others have noted: The villainesses of these premises being just tsunderes.

I mean, the whole point of this manga is that it's gyaru x villainess, doesn't really work if it's not isekai since the gyaru wouldn't make any sense within this setting otherwise. And, as that last page tells us, the otoge part of that isekai is there for a specific reason as well. It's a simple and fairly generic reason but it's still a reason.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

After Female Protagonist x Female Villain, it's time for Female Supporter x Female Villain, hopefully in the future there will be full genres like yuri novels in China, for example Female Protagonist x Supporting Female, Female Cannon Fodder x Female Villain,...
And why the tag Tsundere, on the last page the female villain's face looks more like Yandere

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Yeah I couldn't agree more. It would be nice to follow a protagonist that is a part of and integrated in the fantasy/nobility world that finds themselves in extraordinary/interesting circumstances rather than a literal "main character" who is the only person that knows how things will play out. Having a backstory beyond oops I died or oops I was magically transported adds so much more depth and makes for interesting characterization. (One exception I super super enjoy is "Fed Up OL" tho)

But it's all good. Lighthearted stories are nice, and there's nothing wrong with the story as how it is right now. There are still things that could be interesting

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Real villainess that way.

Oho, you don't say....? In that case, I will have to give this manga a second chance. Thank you.

joined Mar 4, 2018

i am here for it

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Let's hope that last page was just comical exaggeration. But how cute that "villainess" is. And that scene with protagonist making a decision and declaring it, ah. Perfection.

And I'm not claiming that this is in 100% unique. But it's nice to see protagonist who is not otaku, hikikomori or office worker.

last edited at Mar 4, 2024 4:56AM

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

I know that the villainess genre tends to be samey-samey in some regards, "Isekai, betrothed to a prince/annulment of marriage, misunderstood heroine, etc) but goddammit I still love the trope so much.

Gimme more villainesses, please!

To reply you must either login or sign up.